Regional Operations Support Specialist - Georgetown or Lakewood, CO Job
Location(s): CO - Georgetown; CO - Lakewood
Are you looking for an exciting job where you can put your skills and talents to work at a company you can feel proud to be a part of? Do you want a workplace that will challenge you and offer you opportunities to learn and grow? A position at Xcel Energy could be just what you're looking for.
This position requires travel to Georgetown, CO weekly.
This position performs a wide range of field work support activities such as budgeting, purchasing, inventory control, payroll, planning, scheduling, plant operational reporting, and general administrative activities. Ensure a high level of accuracy within all operating systems to support data integrity and process adherence.
- Procurement and Invoice Processing. Determine service and material procurement methods based on parameters: department needs, stock/non-stock, source, cost. Inventory levels, date needed, vendor and plant contracts are just a few of the requirements needed to determine ordering guidelines. Interface with sourcing department to negotiate competitive bid/process for materials/services. Creation of Request for Proposal and Purchase Requisitions and expedite purchase orders. Receipt for materials and services and approve for payment of invoices in a timely manner. Knowledge: Component Content Management Systems (CCMS) Experience (SAP) check requests.
- Material management of $1,000,000+ inventory. Daily and outage planning, ordering and expediting is critical to customer service and unit availability. Stock and non-stock identification, identify obsolete materials, physical location, cycle counting, prepare and ship material arrange for freight pick-up and delivery are the primary activities. Knowledge: Component Content Management Systems (CMMS) Experience (SAP).
- Budget Entry/Analysis. Gather budget data from plant personnel, enter 2 yr O&M and Capital budget. Explain deviation from budget and update forecasts. Manage expenditures based on budget. Knowledge: Corporate Finance applications, FERC Guidelines.
- Plant Operational data entry into reporting mechanisms, reporting and audits. Accuracy and timeliness is critical. Reporting includes: BTU, NPDES, Generator meter readings, Fuel accumulation. Knowledge: Microsoft Excel, Access. Navigation of Web and non Windows programs, Excel, Word, Access. Or assigned.
- Time and Expense Reporting: Understand procedures and rules associated with time and expense reporting for union/non-union employees. Conduct periodic reviews of time reports and expenses to ensure report integrity and accuracy. Maintain proficiency in required timekeeping systems. Knowledge: Component Content Management Systems (CCMS) Experience (SAP), FERC Guidelines, Union Handbook and Compensation Policies.
- Assist with the outage coordination and scheduling. Including scheduling and implementing preventative maintenance program for plant. Knowledge: Component Content Management Systems (CCMS) Experience (SAP)Microsoft Project, Primavera (P6).
- Administrative responsibilities: Data Entry and Maintenance: Perform data entry and copying of drawings and forms. Assist as needed with record and document management functions including filing, record retention, and archiving and storing documentation associated with work orders once closed. Support KPI tracking and reporting, meeting minute preparation, Knowledge: Microsoft Suite Package Adobe, etc.
- Safety and Training Support: Assist in the tracking of safety training completion. Ensure safety verifications on equipment is complete. Order and manage safety equipment and supplies. Organize block training events, safety celebrations and meetings.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Two (2) year post high school education desired.
- Five (5) years previous experience working with budgets desired.
- Physical requirements for this work includes but is not limited to climbing, bending, crouching, crawling, keyboarding, standing, kneeling, walking, sitting, and lifting.
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 pounds.
Xcel Energy is committed to the safety of its employees and customers, and promotes a Safety Always culture. Because of this, we strongly encourage all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19; however, vaccination is not mandatory. After being hired, you will asked to report your vaccination status and dates of vaccination. This information will be maintained confidentially and disclosed only on a need-to-know basis. If you are not fully vaccinated or choose not to disclose your vaccination status you will be required to follow any health-and-safety rules applicable to unvaccinated employees.
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you're ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Posting Notes: CO - Georgetown || CO - Georgetown; CO - Lakewood || United States (US) || Operations || 37600:Hydro Operations & Maintenance || Full-Time || Non-Bargaining ||
The anticipated starting base pay for this position is: $20.40 to $28.46 per hour
This position may also be eligible for the following benefits: Medical/Pharmacy Plan, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Health Care Reimbursement Account, Health Savings Account (HSA) (if enrolled in eligible health plan), Limited-Purpose FSA (if enrolled in eligible health plan and HSA), Long-term disability (LTD), Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Fitness Center Reimbursement (if enrolled in eligible health plan), Tuition reimbursement, Employee recognition program, Pension, 401(k) plan, Vacation, Holidays, Personal Leave, Sick Time, Volunteer Paid Time Off (VPTO) (full-time employees only)
Requisition Number: 53149
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
About this Employer
As a leading electric and natural gas energy company, we offer a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity customers and 1.9 million natural gas customers across our eight states: Colorado, Michigan, Minnesota, New Mexico, North Dakota, South Dakota, Texas and Wisconsin.
Our workforce of more than 12,000 is rising to the challenge of a dynamic, constantly-changing utility industry. One that requires us to be even more customer focused, forward thinking and productive while remaining committed to meeting our customers’ fundamental need for safe, reliable, affordable energy.
With nearly 50% of our workforce eligible to retire in the next five years, there’s never been a better time to come on board. Do you have a passion for renewable energy, like wind or solar? Or care about giving back to the community? You’ll be in a position to directly impact our energy future.
At Xcel Energy, you’ll be challenged, respected and rewarded. You’ll find an ethical team committed to excellence, safety and environmental stewardship. A dynamic company where you’ll have meaningful work that makes a difference.