Rate Consultant Job
Hierarchy: No - We can only hire at the posted level
Union Position: Non-Bargaining
Lead teams in the development and preparation of major financial and regulatory projects. Provide technical and regulatory expertise in the development and presentation of major revenue recovery proposals and regulatory filings. Assume lead role and provides expertise in the development of effective cost recovery strategies. Advocates jurisdictional specific positions which further the business objectives of Xcel. Oversee the work of other rate analysts and assist the Director of Revenue Analysis in meeting unit objectives. Provides training to other rate analysts on cost of service models. Ensure that the cost recovery and financial analysis needs of the business units are met. Prepare and file extensive expert testimony and stand cross-examination on the most complex contested issues before regulatory agencies.
- Lead project teams to develop and prepare cost recovery proposals, financial reports, and regulatory filings. Develop, advocate and execute on regulatory strategies that enhance Xcel's profitability. Appear as an expert witness for the Company on complex regulatory projects. Analyze intervener testimony to formulate responsive testimony and assist with cross-examination strategies. Participate in the negotiations of settlement agreements before regulatory agencies. Provide information to the Commission/Department when cases are not pending as a Company spokesperson on technical issues.
- Develop and prepare recommendations for effective cost recovery and provide technical and regulatory expertise to the Director of Revenue Analysis to support Xcel's objectives. Serve as a liaison with internal departments to support various cost recovery proposals.
- Coordinate with the business units and provide them expert technical and regulatory advice to assist in meeting their business needs. Lead the development of cost recovery analysis and proposals to support business unit objectives.
- Lead the development of jurisdictional cost of service studies for use in regulatory filings and business unit planning to ensure accurate and timely cost information.
- Assist the Director of Revenue Analysis in ensuring the effective functioning of the department and the accomplishment of unit objectives.
- Provides training to other rate analysts on cost of service models and other cost recovery models. Actively shares their own expertise on technical matters and provides assistance to other rate analysts and management on technical issues.
- Demonstrate mastery of the cost of service models and other cost recovery models, in order to be able to run various scenarios, as needed for changing circumstances or for analysis of various proposals, either initiated by management requests or during rate proceedings.
- High school diploma or equivalent College degree in Business, Accounting, Economics or related field.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Xcel Energy's accounting, budgeting and financial forecasting procedures and systems.
- Demonstrated detailed knowledge of the Company's cost of service and revenue requirement procedures.
- 10 or more years of rate-related experience, financial analysis experience or regulatory related legal experience.
- Ability to appear as an expert witness.
- Requires an understanding of federal, state and local regulatory rules, issues and trends.
- Must be proficient at database and personal computer analytical and reporting tools.
- Customer and Stakeholder Engagement
- Job and Business Expertise
- Operational Excellence
- Relationship Focused
Location(s): MN - Minneapolis
Organization: Customer And Innovation
Department: 70560:NSPM Regulatory
Non-Union jobs will be posted internally for a minimum of 5 business days, after 5 days the job may be unposted at any time.
Union jobs will be posted based on the union agreement.
The anticipated starting base pay for this position is: $100,000 to $142,000 per year
This position may also be eligible for the following benefits and/or pay components: Pay - Annual Incentive Program, Medical/Pharmacy Plan, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Dependent Care Reimbursement Account, Health Care Reimbursement Account, Health Savings Account (HSA) (if enrolled in eligible health plan), Limited-Purpose FSA (if enrolled in eligible health plan and HSA), Transportation Reimbursement Account, Short-term disability (STD), Long-term disability (LTD), Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Fitness Center Reimbursement (if enrolled in eligible health plan), Tuition reimbursement, Transit programs, Employee recognition program, Pension, 401(k) plan, Paid time off (PTO), Holidays, Personal holidays, Volunteer Paid Time Off (VPTO) (full-time employees only), Parental Leave
Click here to see our benefits
Recruiter: Lea M Felty
Hiring Manager: Nick N Paluck
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at email@example.com
About this Employer
As a leading electric and natural gas energy company, we offer a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity customers and 1.9 million natural gas customers across our eight states: Colorado, Michigan, Minnesota, New Mexico, North Dakota, South Dakota, Texas and Wisconsin.
Our workforce of more than 12,000 is rising to the challenge of a dynamic, constantly-changing utility industry. One that requires us to be even more customer focused, forward thinking and productive while remaining committed to meeting our customers’ fundamental need for safe, reliable, affordable energy.
With nearly 50% of our workforce eligible to retire in the next five years, there’s never been a better time to come on board. Do you have a passion for renewable energy, like wind or solar? Or care about giving back to the community? You’ll be in a position to directly impact our energy future.
At Xcel Energy, you’ll be challenged, respected and rewarded. You’ll find an ethical team committed to excellence, safety and environmental stewardship. A dynamic company where you’ll have meaningful work that makes a difference.