PIC Group, Inc.
Title: Quality Engineer
Position Type: Direct Hire
Location: Pueblo, CO
Reports to: Quality Manager
PIC Group is seeking a Quality Engineer to support a cutting-edge automated steel manufacturing facility in Pueblo, Colorado. The Quality Engineer will report to the Quality Manager and is responsible for leading and facilitating the implementation of quality initiatives and continual improvement. Our client is well known throughout the world for their high-quality steel products and the new facility will support the increasing demand in the marketplace. This position offers long-term career growth for future advancement to an operational lead position with excellent pay, including annual bonus, great benefits package, and relocation assistance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide engineering support to operations ensuring consistent application of quality techniques.
- Perform process stability and capability studies on existing processes. Review and analyze results. Recommend changes to processes based upon findings and perform follow up to verify effectiveness.
- Develop and Maintain Control Plans and FMEA's for all processes.
- Facilitate and promote use of appropriate problem-solving techniques for effective root cause analysis and successful corrective action.
- Perform duties in accordance with quality system requirements as the voice of customers.
- Coordinate with Sales, Purchasing, Engineering, and Production to resolve customer claims, complaints, and concerns.
- Determine and apply appropriate Measurement System Analysis tools.
- Recommend and implement enhancements to the quality system that result in improved corporate quality performance, increased customer satisfaction, and/or simplification of processes to reduce costs.
- Ensure readiness for all internal and external quality audits.
- Ability to organize and motivate a production team for safe, high-quality results.
- Proven ability to professionally communicate with customers and non-management employees.
- Positive attitude and ability to work in a team environment.
- Apply appropriate use of statistical techniques.
- Participate in the Advanced Product Quality Planning activities to determine appropriate use of existing and new measurement systems during new tool or process design and startup.
- Develop the annual audit plan, train internal audit team members, perform necessary duties as Lead Internal Coordinate and direct external 3rd party registration/surveillance audits.
- Oversee the controlled document system, to include a final review of all changes to procedures, work instructions, forms, master lists and other associated documents to ensure quality certification requirements are met.
- Participate in quality reporting and management review process.
- Advocate as the \"voice of the customer\" demanding the highest quality expectations from the organization.
- Develop and submit PPAP documents for new product launches to meet customer requirements.
- Working in a plant environment using PPE, Walking, Standing, Sitting, and safety training for any other activities around equipment or extreme conditions.
- Subject to both inside and outside environmental conditions.
- Exposure to elevated noise levels, vibrations and extreme cold and heat.
- Physical Hazards-Close proximity to moving parts and electrical currents, working on scaffolding and high places, exposure to natural gas, high heat, hot surfaces, molten metal, chemicals, oils, and lubricants.
- Atmospheric conditions may require use of a respirator.
- Must be able to climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, reach, stand, walk, push, pull, lift, carry, finger, grasp, feel, talk to communicate, speak over public address system, hear, and make repetitive motions.
Education / Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Metallurgy or Mechanical Engineering is required.
- Steel manufacturing experience is preferred.
- Six Sigma Black Belt an asset.
- Experience needed in the following quality and process related programs: FMEA, APQP, PPAP, MSA, Process Flow, Corrective Action Process, and Problem-Solving Methodologies (5-Why, 8D, etc.).
- $90,000 - $95,000 annually.
- Total compensation package includes excellent benefits.
- A bonus may be paid to eligible employees based upon organizational and individual performance.
- Family medical, dental, and prescription coverage at minimal employee cost.
- Short- and long-term disability programs.
- Retirement Account contributions and (401k) with employer match.
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts.
- Employer-provided Group Life and Voluntary Life Insurance options.
- Paid vacations, sick time and 10 paid holiday days per year.
- Apprenticeship and career advancement within the company.
- Tuition reimbursement.
- Wellness program.
About this Employer
PIC Group, Inc., established in 1988 and headquartered in Atlanta, GA, is a global provider of service solutions to the power generation industry. PIC Group’s comprehensive portfolio of services supports all aspects of power project development including installation, outage, commissioning and start-up, operations and maintenance, documentation and training, and project support. As of March 2008, PIC Group, Inc. is a wholly owned subsidiary of Marubeni Corporation, a publicly listed company headquartered in Tokyo, Japan.