Project Manager - SAP Job
Are you looking for an exciting job where you can put your skills, talents and education to work at a company you can feel proud to be a part of? Do you want a workplace that will challenge you and offer you opportunities to learn and grow? A professional position at Xcel Energy could be just what you're looking for.
The Sr Project Manager is responsible for leading project and program delivery resulting in defined business value delivered on time and on budget, and with stable operation for an assigned IT Portfolio capability (SAP). They provide IT project management, vision, and work direction to achieve strategic initiatives, customer and operational needs, portfolio health and business outcomes.. They are a key contact to business, customer and stakeholder groups for their respective domain, helping ensure business needs and corresponding value and risk are delivered.
- Relationship Management: Drives collaboration and cross-organizational coordination of project activities. Partner with business areas, customers and other stakeholders to understand needs and opportunities. Establish and maintain collaborative partnership with internal partners. Provide coaching and work direction to less experienced team members.
- Solution Delivery: Participates in project reviews and steering committees. Leads diverse teams comprised of business stakeholders, subject matter experts, shared services groups, product and integration vendors, and core team members. Ensure solutions drive great user experience and operational performance. Drive speed to deployments and continuous delivery to meet changing customer and stakeholder needs.
- Strategy & Planning: Lead efforts to understand operational health, customer satisfaction, and total cost of operation and build awareness of opportunities and risks. Represent business partners/stakeholders in strategic planning and investment prioritization.
- Project Management: Ensure project delivery and operation are cost effective and within budget. Responsible for planning, execution, communications, status reporting, risk and issue management, customer satisfaction and financial management of projects. Constructs RFPs and SOWs. Accountable for adherence to Xcel Energy lifecycle methodology, structured project change, issue and risk management, reference architecture standards, regulatory policy, and IT Security policy. Leads the project end-to-end, from planning through implementation, including resource planning, scope definition, financial management, benefit analysis, and schedule. Establishes, maintains and manages against a logical work breakdown structure. Defines major project milestones, and project cost and benefit estimates. Owns communications, including status reports, leadership, and stakeholder updates. Manages project risk and organizational dependencies and linkages.
- Subject Matter Expertise: Stay abreast of industry and technology trends to continuously improve solution delivery practices and customer satisfaction.
- Ten years of related functional experience.Bachelor's degree in Technology, Science, Business or related field, or 4 years of experience equivalent to the position.
- Excellent communication skills, effective with varying organizational levels and skill set, and able to translate between technical and non-technical concepts.
- Excellent Relationship Management and collaboration skills, with a track record of working as one team cross-organizationally to drive innovation and business results.
- Experience with Project or Product delivery practices, including SDLC, Agile and Waterfall.
- Demonstrated ability to recommend innovative solutions to support complex business requirements.
- Ability to drive continuous improvement through lean, agile, six sigma.
- Demonstrated in depth knowledge of end-to-end process and system capabilities, industry standards and emerging technologies and methods.
- Expertise in technical, functional, and operational details of respective solutions. Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to build functional and technical subject matter expertise, process and tools expertise, and drive consistency in processes.
- Experience with strategic planning, demand management, execution, and operation of IT solutions.
- Experience with contract and vendor management.
- In-depth expertise on core IT components within the respective domain.
- Experience with end-to-end service lifecycle, business process, project or product management combined with experience managing complex SAP related projects with large budgets.
- PMP Certification
- Demonstrated ability to build project and release management subject matter expertise, process
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you're ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Posting Notes: MN - Minneapolis || CO - Denver; MN - Minneapolis || United States (US) || Customer And Innovation || 56265:IT-SAP Center of Excell || Full-Time || Non-Bargaining ||
Requisition Number: 24399
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at email@example.com