Project Manager, Rate App & Systems
This position is posted until filled.
Department: CX Revenue Operations
No job description available
Project Manager, Rate App & Systems
Salary Grade: G06
Minimum Midpoint Maximum
$74,796 - $100,975 - $127,152
Given the financial nature of this position, this position has been defined as a position requiring a credit check. Prior to being hired, promoted, or transferred into the position, the candidate must successfully pass a credit background check.
Provides oversight and control support over revenue processes for PNM. Ensures all SOX key and operating controls are effective and operating correctly and provided quality control over complex and special customer billing. Provides limited budget analysis support to Director.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensures all complex and special billing processes are operating accurately
- Ensures all SOX key and operating controls in revenue cycle are effective and operating
- Coordinates with other critical departments in revenue cycle to ensure revenue is billed and reported in financial statement accurately
- Ensures new rates are billed accurately, coordinates daily bill reviews, and works closely with BTS support team to confirm billed revenue is accurate in the financial systems
- Provides detailed customer bill quality control activities such as: bill reviews, special billing reviews and audit of both systematic and manual control activities
- Provides oversight of summary billing, photo-voltaic, Sky Blue, net metering, composite billing and large volume billing
- Leads or supports customer service billing and revenue projects including implementation of process improvement initiatives and implementation of new technologies such as revenue cycle controls/improvements and new billing or rate calculation technology
- Provides analysis and support for department annual budgeting process
- Identifies issues, proposes resolutions, and makes recommendations to management on potential solutions
- Knowledge of electric customer service processes
- Advanced knowledge of electric utility billing and revenue
- Advanced knowledge of the electric utility industry
- Understanding of the company's Sarbanes Oxley requirements
- Ability to work with financial and mathematical concepts
- Ability to exercise judgment to achieve desired performance, minimize costs and meet schedules
- Ability to identify and resolve complex problems in a timely manner
- Ability to handle complex assignments
- Self-starter and accountable
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university in accounting, business, finance, or a related field with five to seven years of related experience, or equivalent combination of education and/or experience related to the discipline.
- Ability to read, analyze, write, and interpret documents, including operating procedures, instructions, general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, governmental regulations, and correspondence
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from various groups
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, ratios, and percentages
- Broad knowledge of spreadsheet, presentation, and word processing software
- Ability to navigate through and discover critical information in Banner customer billing system
ANALYSIS AND PROBLEM-SOLVING ABILITY:
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and develop viable and measurable solutions
- Ability to obtain and accurately analyze information.
SCOPE AND IMPACT:
- Ensures the accuracy of over 500,000 customer bills, and over $1 billion annual revenue is controlled and reported accurately.
- Ability to sit up to 2/3 of the time and to stand, walk and stoop 1/3 of the time
- Ability to travel within company service territories and able to periodically work weekends and evenings.
- Office environment.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY STATEMENT
PNM Resources and affiliates are Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers. Women, minorities, disabled individuals and veterans are encouraged to apply.
About this Employer
PNM Resources is an energy holding company based in Albuquerque, N.M., with 2020 consolidated operating revenues of $1.5 billion. Through its regulated utilities, PNM and TNMP, PNM Resources provides electricity to approximately 800,000 homes and businesses in New Mexico and Texas. PNM serves its customers with a diverse mix of generation and purchased power resources totaling 3.0 gigawatts of capacity, with a goal to achieve 100% emissions-free energy by 2040. PNM Resources is publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange as PNM.
PNM Resources strives to create enduring value for customers, communities and shareholders built on a foundation of Environmental, Social and Governance Principles. At the core of our business we are focused on our Vision, our Purpose and our Values.