Project Manager II Job
Job Grade: R
Hierarchy: No - We can only hire at the posted level
Union Position: Non-Bargaining
Standard Project Management Position. Provide end-to-end project management, leadership and coordination for large complex projects or as a part of a transformational project work stream with responsibility for project scope, schedule, cost and risk management. Ensure alignment of financial and operational goals between projects and the business unit. Provide work team direction to achieve approved project scope, develop strategic sequencing and detailed milestone schedules, project-level cost tracking and reconciliation. Ensure availability or seek out adequate resources for projects.
- Financial Management: Function as project controller. Manage project financials including budgeting, forecasting, and actuals tracking. Facilitate RFP and contract management processes. Review actuals versus planned budget throughout project life cycle to identify variances and recommend corrective action. Ensure timely project closure, payment and reconciliation.
- Project Planning: Lead requirements gathering and planning process for approved projects while engaging all key stakeholders. Develop solution design that defines the entire project scope, and secure all required internal/external approvals. Ensure coordination with other initiatives, assuring dependencies are identified and addressed. Define deliverables and required delivery dates; develop viable work plans/WBS, milestone schedules, and project cost/benefit estimates.
- Project Management: Independently manage detailed project plans to approved scope and provide cross-functional tracking as needed. Identify plan gaps and develop closure plans. Ensure the successful completion of assigned project deliverables & milestones in a dynamic/complex environment.
- Resource Management: Manage resources, both internal and external. Manage assigned contracts and associated payments and performance requirements. Develop and adapt a comprehensive resource plan for a matrixed team of diverse talent to maximize skills and minimize cost. Provide mentoring and guidance to less experienced project team members.
- Scope & Risk Management: Manage scope change request process for project. Identify risks and issues throughout the project lifecycle and create mitigation strategies and contingency plans.
- Relationship Management: Communicate project status to all levels of the organization. Establish effective, collaborative working relationships to maximize project efficiency, responsiveness and resource allocation.
- Minimum 8 years work experience in operations, technology, finance, or comparable function; utility experience preferred.
- BS Engineering, Construction, Business, Information Technology or related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 5-7 years' experience in project management and process improvement; some formal project management training preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and influence others, informal leadership experience and training skills preferred.
- Strong presentation and facilitation skills; excellent written/verbal communications skills required.
- Understanding of core business processes/ industry trends with ability to interpret/apply ongoing changes .
- Knowledge of project planning and business need justification process and methodology.
- Ability to adapt to change quickly and work within a diverse, cross-functional team environment.
- Vendor/contract management experience preferred.
- Customer and Stakeholder Engagement
- Job and Business Expertise
- Operational Excellence
- Relationship Focused
Location(s): CO - Denver; MN - Minneapolis; TX - Amarillo
Organization: Technology Services
Department: 56600:Portfolio Mngmnt & Performance
Non-Union jobs will be posted internally for a minimum of 5 business days, after 5 days the job may be unposted at any time.
Union jobs will be posted based on the union agreement.
The anticipated starting base pay for this position is: $90,000 to $127,333 per year
This position may also be eligible for the following benefits and/or pay components: Pay - Annual Incentive Program, Medical/Pharmacy Plan, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Dependent Care Reimbursement Account, Health Care Reimbursement Account, Health Savings Account (HSA) (if enrolled in eligible health plan), Limited-Purpose FSA (if enrolled in eligible health plan and HSA), Transportation Reimbursement Account, Short-term disability (STD), Long-term disability (LTD), Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Fitness Center Reimbursement (if enrolled in eligible health plan), Tuition reimbursement, Transit programs, Employee recognition program, Pension, 401(k) plan, Paid time off (PTO), Holidays, Personal holidays, Volunteer Paid Time Off (VPTO) (full-time employees only), Parental Leave
Click here to see our benefits
Recruiter: Lea M Felty
Hiring Manager: Antony P Amalraj
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at email@example.com
About this Employer
As a leading electric and natural gas energy company, we offer a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity customers and 1.9 million natural gas customers across our eight states: Colorado, Michigan, Minnesota, New Mexico, North Dakota, South Dakota, Texas and Wisconsin.
Our workforce of more than 12,000 is rising to the challenge of a dynamic, constantly-changing utility industry. One that requires us to be even more customer focused, forward thinking and productive while remaining committed to meeting our customers’ fundamental need for safe, reliable, affordable energy.
With nearly 50% of our workforce eligible to retire in the next five years, there’s never been a better time to come on board. Do you have a passion for renewable energy, like wind or solar? Or care about giving back to the community? You’ll be in a position to directly impact our energy future.
At Xcel Energy, you’ll be challenged, respected and rewarded. You’ll find an ethical team committed to excellence, safety and environmental stewardship. A dynamic company where you’ll have meaningful work that makes a difference.