PIC Group, Inc.
Title: Project Manager
Position Type: Contract
Location: Tucker, GA
Reports to: Senior Site Manager
Our client, a large engineering, procurement, and construction company, has an excellent opportunity for a multi-faceted Project Manager to support a multiple brownfield power projects, simple cycle and combined cycle technology, in the Atlanta Metro area. The Project Manager will report to the Site Manager at each facility and be responsiblefor overseeing capitalimprovement projects throughout the development and execution phase of the project. The Project Manager will focus on quality and onsite delivery for prioritized projects and will partner with the project site teams to accomplish a wide range of project deliverable across multiple disciplines, such as mechanical, electricaland civil deliverables.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Interface with Project Teams and Plant Leadership to develop and deliver projects to reduce cost, increase capacity, improve safety, and sustain operations.
- Provide Project Leadership to 10-20 projects at a time that are in various phases of the project work process as well as multiple locations in the appropriate region.
- Promote team culture focused on meeting commitments while maintaining excellence in safety.
- Empower project team members to be accountable in project commitments, while ensuring project delivery expectations are clearly defined to meet project objectives.
- Remove project obstacles by working with, and through others.
- Interface between design-build partners and internal client partners.
- Manage project status, to include cost, schedule, and risk.
- Oversee client procured equipment and services.
- Manage project change management.
- Coordinate with facilities for integrating project startup and Day 1 Readiness.
- Drive a continuous improvement mindset using lean construction principles.
- Manage and develop key external partner relationships.
- Manage portfolio of project metrics and benchmarks to attain project measurables.
- Must be able to travel between sites at least 50-75% of the time (Project Dependent).
- Experience with LEAN project delivery methodologies.
- Industry experience within Power Generation and/or Construction.
- Experience with brownfield sites, revamping, and turnaround construction.
- Experience in regional regulations and working with and managing contractors effectively.
- Duties require walking, standing for extended periods of time, crawling, stooping, sitting, climbing vertical and inclined ladders and stairs, and lifting and carrying up to 20 lbs. Possible exposure to extreme heat and cold.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- The frequent use of protective equipment (i.e.hard hats, safety glasses, air masks, ear protection, etc.) may be required.
Education / Experience:
- 10+ years of experience working within power generation is required.
- 5+ years of experience in project and/or construction management is required.
- 5+ years project and construction management systems and concepts is required.
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in Engineering or Construction Management is preferred.
- Project Management or Construction Management Certification is preferred.
- 3+ years' experience in design-build, or similar, with a focus on project execution preferred.
PIC Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We offer competitive wages and benefits. We seek out and employ talented individuals who meet the qualifications for each position. Due to the large number of responses we receive to our postings, only those applicants with the required experience and qualifications will be contacted.
About this Employer
PIC Group, Inc., established in 1988 and headquartered in Atlanta, GA, is a global provider of service solutions to the power generation industry. PIC Group’s comprehensive portfolio of services supports all aspects of power project development including installation, outage, commissioning and start-up, operations and maintenance, documentation and training, and project support. As of March 2008, PIC Group, Inc. is a wholly owned subsidiary of Marubeni Corporation, a publicly listed company headquartered in Tokyo, Japan.