Project Lead - Renewable Energy
Central Electric Power Cooperative Inc.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with Central staff and Member Cooperatives to identify consumer needs for renewables required to meet sustainability goals. Support surveying efforts of members to identify local goals related to distributed energy resources, load management, and other flexibility goals. Lead the development of a tracking system for the reporting of these goals.
- Work with external large consumers and renewable developers to identify and support the development of renewable projects to meet the needs of consumer’s sustainability goals.
- Engage and coordinate with Central Power Supply staff to ensure a high level of coordination related to renewable project development.
- Work with Senior Staff to develop policies, procedures, and methodologies to ensure cooperative Members are equitably compensated for renewable investments designed to meet a single consumer’s needs
- Work with Senior Staff to develop policies and procedures to create reporting requirements that ensure transparency in the development of projects to meet sustainability goals/requirements.
- Support Central and cooperative Members in the areas of demand side management and distributed energy resources as it relates to FERC Order 2222, to ensure Member resources can be utilized for the benefit of the cooperative system. Expand this Work with NRCO and other external stakeholders to keep Central informed of evolving trends in the renewable markets.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Experience in project management and working with teams with diverse backgrounds and positions.
Experience in working with renewable project developers from the initial identification and development of projects to the construction and completion phase. Candidate must have broad experience in working with renewable project development.
Experience in research and development as it relates to distributed energy resources.
Strong written and oral communications skills, with experience in report writing, project tracking, and direct transactional experience from both the consumer and developer perspective.
Experience in Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Power Point).
Education and Work Experience
Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Engineering, or related field.
At least 5 years of experience working in the utility industry in the development of renewable projects, or industrial marketing related to sustainability goals. Additional experience is required in the research and development of distributed energy management programs and policies.
Experience working with Electric Cooperatives is a plus.
Central Electric Power Cooperative is an equal opportunity provider and employer.