PIC Group, Inc.
Title: Project Engineer
Position Type: Direct Hire
Location: Gilbert AZ
Reports to: VP of Operations
PIC Group is looking for a Project Engineer to support a greenfield metals & mining project located in Gilbert Arizona. The Project Engineer will report to the VP of Operations and work closely with the Construction Superintendents and Project Managers to support construction operations. The Project Engineer will be the company's representative in the field, assisting with project controls including but not limited to daily management, budgeting, scheduling, and planning and ensuring that the project is constructed according to the project plans. Duties will require outdoor activities including but not limited to working in an industrial environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Communicate effectively with Staff and clients to ensure the goals of the project are achieved.
- Create long and short-term plans, that include setting measurable targets, to adhere to deadlines.
- Delegate tasks on the projects to employees best positioned to complete them while maintaining company standards.
- Make effective decisions when presented with multiple options to progress the project.
- Communicate with management to keep the project aligned with the overall business objectives.
- Develop and implement Time Management and People strategies aligned to achieve the project objectives.
- Develop, coach, and support the project team members on all operational activities to achieve project goals.
- Forming strong relationships with the execution team to be able to challenge and coach while providing services to core standards.
- Work with project team to ensure compliance with company policies, governmental rules/regulations, and regulatory standards.
- Assist Project Manager with various tasks as needed for projects
- Manage and create RFIs and Submittals for assigned projects.
- Assist with Contracting and managing subcontractors
- Create RFIs and Submittals for assigned projects
- Ensure corporate policies and programs related to HR, Safety, Quality, and Project Controls are implemented to achieve the project objectives.
- Ability to monitor and control resources thru effective oversight to achieve the project objectives.
- Skilled in overseeing and assessing performances to make improvements or take corrective actions
- Ability to manage change to achieve project and business objectives.
- Skilled in developing schedules, work plans and resource allocation for projects.
- Ability to prepare and control Operational budgets for projects to achieve the business objectives
- Ability to ensure proper interdisciplinary coordination to facilitate the resolution of technical problems on projects.
- Able to monitor and track financials for projects to achieve and record objectives of the projects.
- Experience in organizing field data and utilizing engineering data to compile various documentation/reports
- Skilled in managing and defining project scope, goals, and deliverables.
- Able to assist on project material and equipment procurement.
- Ability to work long hours.
Potential Physical Demands
- Duties require walking, standing for extended periods of time, crawling, stooping, sitting, climbing vertical and inclined ladders and stairs, and lifting and carrying up to 20 lbs. Exposure to extreme heat and cold.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- The frequent use of protective equipment (i.e. hard hats, safety glasses, air masks, ear protection, etc.) may be required.
Education / Experience
- Bachelor's in Engineering / Construction Management or 5+ years direct experience in industrial/construction project engineering.
Our client offers competitive wages and benefits. Prior to beginning work, all applicants must be willing to submit to a drug and alcohol screen as well as a background check, inclusive of criminal. We seek out and employ talented individuals who meet the qualifications for each position. PIC Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Due to the large number of responses we receive to our postings, only those applicants with the required experience and qualifications will be contacted
About this Employer
PIC Group, Inc., established in 1988 and headquartered in Atlanta, GA, is a global provider of service solutions to the power generation industry. PIC Group’s comprehensive portfolio of services supports all aspects of power project development including installation, outage, commissioning and start-up, operations and maintenance, documentation and training, and project support. As of March 2008, PIC Group, Inc. is a wholly owned subsidiary of Marubeni Corporation, a publicly listed company headquartered in Tokyo, Japan.