Project Control Specialist II or III Job
Location(s): MN - Inver Grove Heights
Are you looking for an exciting job where you can put your skills and talents to work at a company you can feel proud to be a part of? Do you want a workplace that will challenge you and offer you opportunities to learn and grow? A position at Xcel Energy could be just what you're looking for.
This position is responsible for the development and analysis of cost analysis reports, development and analysis of project schedules, and support for project lifecycle execution or a combination thereof on organizationally strategic projects. Coordinate with Project Managers to assemble the budget and forecast data to provide integrated reporting. Supports initial and ongoing project setup in the work and asset management system. Advise and assist in the initial development of financial work breakdown structure, accounting, estimating, and reporting. Advise and assist in the development of the schedule work breakdown structure, resource loading & profiles, and adherence to the organizational performance index. Functional integration of schedule and financial software. Assists department leads with the creation and coordination of short and long-term work profiles. Provides regional training and mentoring to various stakeholders and project control personnel as a subject matter expert.
- Supports the Project Managers with standardized reporting for regional capital project stakeholders regarding project-level business area capital expenditures. Establishes, implements, and monitors the availability, accuracy, and usefulness of project cost analysis reports and key performance indicators for use at the individual project level up to executive management.
- Develop, maintain and promote project schedules as a project management tool. Progressively elaborate schedule details to identify the critical path. Support Project Managers by assessing the reporting of work progress against the project baseline. Maintain subject matter expert proficiency in the corporate tool and knowledge of industry standard software tools.
- Assists Project Managers and other project personnel in preparing project Cost Analysis Reports and various cost analyses. Facilitate execution of strategic projects for all aspects of project cost controls. Understands demonstrates and communicates the use of Work Breakdown Structures in project cost control.
- Responsible for understanding and integrating capital cost reporting tools and applications, including the Work and Asset Management System. Demonstrates super-user capabilities with the Work and Asset Management System, and other financial systems.
- Works in conjunction with Capital Project Analyst, Capital Asset Accounting, Tax, Regulatory finance, and other areas of Xcel Energy and the business area to facilitate the integration of financial aspects and impacts for Capital Projects. Understands Sarbanes Oxley key controls and provides reporting and tracking for all key controls applicable to a capital project.
- Provides training for internal and external stakeholders on process and function within the overall project management process. Provides mentoring on the work and asset management system and/or scheduling software in relation to the execution, control, analysis, and reporting.
- BS/BA Degree in Construction Management, Business, Finance, or technical field (or a combination of education and experience providing equivalent knowledge).
- Relevant experience with project planning, cost estimating, scheduling, forecasting, and financial analysis.
- Minimum of five (5) years of related project controls experience.
- Practical knowledge of overall project control, estimating, and reporting methods.
- Expert-level knowledge of one or highly proficient in both: cost control for application in project cost estimating, organization, and control. Scheduling for project planning and monitoring/control methods and practices.
- Comprehensive understanding of company policies, procedures, and financial obligations that would apply to projects.
- Proficient in standard server software applications such as e-mail, spreadsheet, word processing, database, as well as scheduling and cost estimating software applications.
- Past experience with Enterprise-based scheduling tools, Project & Portfolio Management tools, Business Objects, and SAP software programs.
- Professional certification through PMI, ASCE, or other accredited organizations.
Xcel Energy is committed to the safety of its employees and customers, and promotes a Safety Always culture. Because of this, we strongly encourage all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19; however, vaccination is not mandatory. After being hired, you will asked to report your vaccination status and dates of vaccination. This information will be maintained confidentially and disclosed only on a need-to-know basis. If you are not fully vaccinated or choose not to disclose your vaccination status you will be required to follow any health-and-safety rules applicable to unvaccinated employees.
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you're ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Posting Notes: MN - Inver Grove Heights || MN - Inver Grove Heights || United States (US) || Operations || 58660:Gas Engineering || Full-Time || Non-Bargaining ||
The anticipated starting base pay for this position is: $68,000 to $96,666 per year
This position may also be eligible for the following benefits and/or pay components: Pay - Annual Incentive Program, Medical/Pharmacy Plan, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Dependent Care Reimbursement Account, Health Care Reimbursement Account, Health Savings Account (HSA) (if enrolled in eligible health plan), Limited-Purpose FSA (if enrolled in eligible health plan and HSA), Transportation Reimbursement Account, Short-term disability (STD), Long-term disability (LTD), Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Fitness Center Reimbursement (if enrolled in eligible health plan), Tuition reimbursement, Transit programs, Employee recognition program, Pension, 401(k) plan, Paid time off (PTO), Holidays, Personal holidays, Volunteer Paid Time Off (VPTO) (full-time employees only), Parental Leave
Click here to see our benefits
Requisition Number: 51926
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
About this Employer
As a leading electric and natural gas energy company, we offer a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity customers and 1.9 million natural gas customers across our eight states: Colorado, Michigan, Minnesota, New Mexico, North Dakota, South Dakota, Texas and Wisconsin.
Our workforce of more than 12,000 is rising to the challenge of a dynamic, constantly-changing utility industry. One that requires us to be even more customer focused, forward thinking and productive while remaining committed to meeting our customers’ fundamental need for safe, reliable, affordable energy.
With nearly 50% of our workforce eligible to retire in the next five years, there’s never been a better time to come on board. Do you have a passion for renewable energy, like wind or solar? Or care about giving back to the community? You’ll be in a position to directly impact our energy future.
At Xcel Energy, you’ll be challenged, respected and rewarded. You’ll find an ethical team committed to excellence, safety and environmental stewardship. A dynamic company where you’ll have meaningful work that makes a difference.