Program Manager, Large Constructions & Maintenance II
This position is posted until filled.
Department: Project Management
Preferred 2-3 years project management experience, specific to electric utilities
Bachelor's degree related to Construction/Engineering/Business if not experience in related to utilities
Program Manager, Large Constructions & Maintenance II
Salary Grade: G05
Minimum Midpoint Maximum
$86,016 - $116,120 - $146,226
This position is covered by NERC CIP cyber security standards. Prior to being hired, promoted, or transferred into the position, the candidate must successfully pass a Personnel Risk Assessment, which includes identity verification and a criminal background check. Prior to being granted unescorted access to cyber secure areas, the candidate must attend cyber security training. Annual cyber security training is also required.
Under general supervision, plans, develops, coordinates and directs all phases of medium to large-scale, high profile construction projects. Coordinates with internal and external organizations and government agencies to successfully implement project delivery. Implements the Construction Management Process (CMP) used throughout the company for large construction project delivery. Responsible for project scope, cost, and schedule and coordination and management of project requirements to ensure labor and material resources (internal & external) are deployed for timeliness, efficiency and success of project delivery.
(This position is specific to the Large Construction Project Management Department, and should not be used in any other area)
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develops, institutes, and improves cross-functional processes and procedures regarding project management, work management, and cost estimating
- Handles the interface between corporate initiatives such as safety, environmental, reliability improvement programs into the corporate CMP process and procedures for large gas and electric construction projects
- Handles the project delivery of large scale construction projects; directs internal and external meetings
- Identifies, assesses, and implements corporate programs related to project management, cost estimation, planning and scheduling, including software and other tools
- Forecasts, documents, verifies, and reports of all variances to senior management
- Compiles, charts, and reports all weekly, monthly, and yearly Project Management Performance Measures to senior management
- Works with senior management to define, coordinate, and manage project requirements to ensure labor and material resources are deployed for timeliness, efficiency, and success of project delivery
- Leads or conducts project performance, cost, scheduling studies, and evaluations that require advanced and innovative project management techniques and/or the modifications of standard practices and concepts
- Develops and modifies system improvements related to large scale construction
- Ability to maintain positive and productive working relationships with various individuals and groups
- Ability to manage diverse, highly technical, and complex issues
- In-depth knowledge of company policies and procedures
- Advanced knowledge of project management, work management, and cost estimating principles
- Highly developed problem solving and consensus-building skills
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree in a related field with five to seven years of related experience, in construction and operations management and project management, or equivalent combination of education and/or experience related to the discipline.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- Project Management Professional (PMP) or Six Sigma certification are strongly desired.
- Must possess a current, legally valid driver's license and meet the company's driving record requirements.
- Ability to coordinate and supervise activities over internal and external staff assigned to projects in a matrix management environment.
- Advanced negotiation skills and ability to gain concessions without damaging relationships
- Ability to write complex reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret highly complex documents
- Ability to effectively listen and get clarification to respond to a wide-range of questions
- Works with concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry, and trigonometry
- Ability to apply the concepts of fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations
- In-depth understanding and ability to modify project management, cost-estimating, and work management software
- Advanced knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet, database, and presentation software
- Ability to apply, interpret, develop concepts using mathematical and engineering expertise
- Ability to solve complex practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Determines corporate framework for resource allocation used in projects.
SCOPE AND IMPACT:
- Impacts corporate ability to complete projects within profitable parameters regarding time and resources within regulatory compliance, including DOT, IEEE, ANSI, NEC, NESC, and OSHA.
- Responsible for $20 million in capital project management.
- Ability to stand or walk up to 1/3 of the time and regularly required to sit up to 2/3 of the time
- Manual dexterity is required to perform computer applications and good vision is required to perform all aspects of the job
- May occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
- Office environment.
- Regular travel required.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY STATEMENT
PNM Resources and affiliates are Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers. Women, minorities, disabled individuals and veterans are encouraged to apply.
About this Employer
PNM Resources is an energy holding company based in Albuquerque, N.M., with 2020 consolidated operating revenues of $1.5 billion. Through its regulated utilities, PNM and TNMP, PNM Resources provides electricity to approximately 800,000 homes and businesses in New Mexico and Texas. PNM serves its customers with a diverse mix of generation and purchased power resources totaling 3.0 gigawatts of capacity, with a goal to achieve 100% emissions-free energy by 2040. PNM Resources is publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange as PNM.
PNM Resources strives to create enduring value for customers, communities and shareholders built on a foundation of Environmental, Social and Governance Principles. At the core of our business we are focused on our Vision, our Purpose and our Values.