Program Manager – Defense Nuclear Energy Applications
Idaho National Laboratory
Idaho National Laboratory (INL) is seeking exceptional professionals interested in exploring a technical career as a Program Manager with the Special Reactor Concepts (SPRC) organization to lead the microreactor asset protection activities.
- Serve as the lead on all customer engagements with DoD and national security customers for all logistics and transportation activities for the SPRC organization.
- Provide oversight and technical guidance for DoD transportation processes and logistics systems to analyze the movement of microreactors.
- Lead all of the army requirement development for logistics and transportation of microreactors, the logistics and transportation the DoD microreactor program,
- Be the subject matter expert on asset protection during transportation, and a mentor to junior staff.
- Support pursuits of new business opportunities related to DoD and national security microreactor applications.
- Bachelor's degree and 10 years of related experience.
- Significant experience with logistics and transportation within DoD and an understanding of the requirements.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DOE level "Q" security clearance therefore, US citizenship is required.
- Salary Grade: 240, ($135,816 - $230,904)
- Chosen applicants are required to show a "demonstrated commitment to valuing diversity and contributing to an inclusive working environment.
INL is a science-based, applied engineering national laboratory dedicated to supporting the U.S. Department of Energy's mission in nuclear energy research, science, and national defense. With more than 5,000 scientists, researchers, and support staff, the laboratory works with national and international governments, universities and industry partners to discover new science and development technologies that underpin the nation's nuclear and renewable energy, national security, and environmental missions.
Our mission is to discover, demonstrate and secure innovative nuclear energy solutions, other clean energy options and critical infrastructure.
Our vision is to change the world's energy future and secure our nation's critical infrastructure.
Selective Service Requirements:
To be eligible for employment at INL men born after December 31, 1959 must have registered with the Selective Service System (SSS). For more information see www.sss.gov.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Idaho National Laboratory (INL) is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of INL to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information. Women and People of Color are strongly encouraged to apply.
COVID Safety Protocols:
As a condition of employment, Idaho National Laboratory will inquire about COVID vaccination status and expects candidate compliance with all required COVID safety protocols, including mask-wearing as applicable.
Idaho National Laboratory has implemented a required vaccination policy effective immediately requiring all new hires must be vaccinated against COVID - 19 as a condition of employment, unless exempt under Title VII of the Civil Rights Act, the Americans with Disabilities Act, or other applicable state or federal law. In accordance with Idaho National Laboratory's duty to provide and maintain a workplace that is free of known hazards, we are adopting this policy to safeguard the health of our employees and their families, our customers and visitors, and the community at large from infectious diseases that may be reduced by vaccinations.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
When applying to positions please provide your resume and answer all questions on the following screens. Applicants, who fail to provide a resume or answer the questions, may be deemed ineligible for consideration.
Benefits & Salary:
We have an extremely competitive salary structure, robust relocation package, and a phenomenal benefits package. For more information, please visit: https://www.inl.gov/careers/benefits-overview/. .
About this Employer
Part of the U.S. Dept. of Energy’s complex of national laboratories, INL performs work in each of the strategic goal areas: energy, national security, science & environment. INL is the nation’s leading center for nuclear energy research & development.