Program Environmental Lead
Idaho National Laboratory
Idaho National Laboratory's (INL) Project and Program Support group is seeking forward-thinking professionals interested in exploring a career as a Program Environmental Lead! This team works a hybrid 9x80 schedule located at our Willow Creek facility with every other Friday off.
Responsible for gravel pit management for all work at the INL.
Establish and maintain the E-ALARA process, supporting the Insider Chemical Threat program, and supporting the Net-zero organization.
Technical expert to line management regarding implementation of environmental requirements; company procedures; and environmental principles, theories, concepts.
Interface regularly with senior management.
Interact with researchers, managers, construction personnel, Operations Leads, Chief Operating Officers, and other PELs to provide direction and support to ensure environmental compliance.
Work with other support functions including Engineering, Safety and Health, Radiological Controls, Quality Assurance, Training, and Performance Assurance to integrate environmental considerations into all aspects of work planning and performance in accordance with ISO-14001 and BEA Integrated Safety Management and Environmental Management Systems.
CERCLA Technical Point of Contact (TPOC),5-yr CERCLA review, annual IC monitoring report, Notice of Soil Disturbance for all BEA work, New Site Identification, development of Sampling Plans when required for site investigation, identification and management of sampling personnel, review of sampling data, and advice regarding the applicability of HAZWOPER training.
Lead all aspects of and provide input to PELs where work inside existing facilities will impact known CERCLA sites or upon discovery of possible new CERCLA sites.
Environmental aspects and media associated with work outside of fenced facilities or not associated with existing Test Ranges, i.e., such as Power line testing, RRTR, Wireless Testing, and NSTR. Work outside fenced facilities includes maintenance/upgrade of existing infrastructure, construction of new infrastructure such as UAMPs/NuScale, the reactor component test bed, non-nuclear testing using process heat from UAMPs.
Collaborate with customers in resolving environmental compliance issues through the interpretation of company policies, guidance and procedures with the goal of proactively identifying creative environmental compliance strategies.
Ensure environmental regulatory requirements, including annual reporting, are fulfilled in a complete and timely manner.
- Level 4: BS degree in technical field, preferably environmental-related, chemistry, engineering, or related field plus 8 years' experience or MS and 6 years' experience
- Level 5: BS degree in technical field, preferably environmental-related, chemistry, engineering, or related field plus 12 years' experience or MS and 8 years' experience
- This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a Department of Energy "L" clearance, which requires US Citizenship.
- Capable of functioning as the BOS PEL 3 months after hiring.
- The position requires a high level of training and experience in RCRA, CERCLA/FFA-CO, CAA, and MBTA regulations and agreements, such as the CCA, applicable to the INL.
- Functional understanding of OSHA, 10 CFR 851, CWA, hydrology, reactor operations and applicable DOE Orders and company manuals and policies specific to ESH, and how they apply to site activities.
- Demonstrated the ability to lead environmental staff and representatives of project commitments with minimal guidance, and be able to work unusually complex problems to completion.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal, verbal/written communication and teamwork skills.
- Site/Facility Operations experience.
- Demonstrated ability to assess environmental risks and collaborate with line management in appropriate line management decision-making.
- Salary Grade 220 ($107,520 - $177,336) / Salary Grade 230 ($121,212 - $206,232)
- Chosen applicants are required to show a demonstrated commitment to valuing diversity and contributing to an inclusive working environment.
- TDP: Testing designated position; It will be required to submit to a pre-employment drug screen and periodic drug testing throughout the term of employment.
- Multi-Level: This is a multi-level posting and the selected candidate will be placed at the appropriate level dependent on depth and breadth of proven experience and skills.
INL is a science-based, applied engineering national laboratory dedicated to supporting the U.S. Department of Energy's mission in nuclear energy research, science, and national defense. With more than 5,000 scientists, researchers, and support staff, the laboratory works with national and international governments, universities and industry partners to discover new science and development technologies that underpin the nation's nuclear and renewable energy, national security, and environmental missions.
Our mission is to discover, demonstrate and secure innovative nuclear energy solutions, other clean energy options and critical infrastructure.
Our vision is to change the world's energy future and secure our nation's critical infrastructure.
Selective Service Requirements:
To be eligible for employment at INL men born after December 31, 1959, must have registered with the Selective Service System (SSS). For more information see www.sss.gov.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
INL is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of INL to provide EEO to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information. Women and People of Color are strongly encouraged to apply.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
When applying to positions please provide your resume and answer all questions on the following screens. Applicants, who fail to provide a resume or answer the questions, may be deemed ineligible for consideration.
INL does not accept resumes from third party vendors unsolicited.
Benefits & Salary:
We have an extremely competitive salary structure, robust relocation package, and a phenomenal benefits package. For more information, please visit: https://www.inl.gov/careers/benefits-overview
About this Employer
Part of the U.S. Dept. of Energy’s complex of national laboratories, INL performs work in each of the strategic goal areas: energy, national security, science & environment. INL is the nation’s leading center for nuclear energy research & development.