Production Specialist III Job
Location(s): MN - Minneapolis
Are you looking for an exciting job where you can put your skills and talents to work at a company you can feel proud to be a part of? Do you want a workplace that will challenge you and offer you opportunities to learn and grow? A position at Xcel Energy could be just what you're looking for.
Applies thorough knowledge and utilizes advanced technical expertise in a specific specialty area in support of operations and maintenance across the Xcel Energy fleet. Specialty areas include, but are not limited to Process Controls, Operational Technology (OT), Electrical, Turbine-Generators/Rotating Equipment, Boilers/Heat Recovery steam generators, and/or Non-Destructive Testing (NDE/NDT). Provides technical support consisting of diagnostic analysis, short and long-term maintenance/outage planning, resource development, documentation, and reliability centered operations and maintenance program direction and support. Interfaces extensively with other departments, plants, and OEMs and may oversee craft employees. Responsibilities are generally 50% in technical support, 30% in outage support, and 20% in maintaining fleet-wide programs and processes. Extensive travel within a region and across the fleet may be required. Some international travel may also be required.
- Provide technical expertise, direction, and alternatives for control systems and major equipment problems at all facilities. Troubleshoot system problems, assess equipment condition, and coordinate corrective maintenance work on equipment. Manage major maintenance projects (turbine overhauls, pump repair, maintenance of auxiliaries, etc.) including scoping, planning, scheduling, and supervision of craft employees.
- Provide major facility maintenance project supervision for scheduled and unscheduled outages. Develop computerized scheduling techniques for modifications and new systems.Conduct periodic audits of Quality Assurance procedures. Develop standards and procedures to support consistent methods to improve equipment/generation reliability. Communicate identified best practices between plants, regions, and subsidiaries. Ensure plants are kept abreast of new technology.
- Coordinate and evaluate generation asset maintenance programs to increase facility reliability. Assist or perform testing, generate reports, and interpret results for generation facilities. Direct and coordinate technical root cause analysis.
- Design system modifications. Provide recommendations for modifications of systems to improve operations and maintenance processes for improved reliability.
- Coordinate maintenance/capital projects with plant and engineering staff. Perform system testing, compile data, and submit results for management review. Provide proper documentation for all projects.
- Provide detailed justification for multi-year budgets and outage work plans. Write specifications and purchase requisitions for services to support fleet reliability activities. Act as a liaison with contractors/service providers and the Company.
- Provide technical direction in lieu of architect/engineer or OEM technical representative in specialty area. Functions in a lead role in major O&M and capital projects.
- Minimum of nine (9) years of work experience in power generation, or equivalent industrial manufacturing/power generation setting, or OEM operations/maintenance that demonstrates thorough knowledge of standard engineering principles/practices/techniques and power generation operations/maintenance processes with expertise in one or more of the following areas: process control, operational technology (OT), electrical, turbine-generators/rotating equipment, boilers/heat recovery steam generators, and/or non-destructive testing (NDE/NDT).
- Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) experience is helpful.
- Some college coursework in engineering is desirable.
- Must have the ability to travel extensively and work non-typical schedules.
- Must be self-motivated and work with minimal supervision.
- Experience in supervising craft employees desired.
• Experience with distributed control systems (DCS), supervisory data control and acquisition (SCADA), ICS systems and environments.
• Understanding of communication protocols common to ICS environments.
• Previous experience with cyber security and threat management aspects of operational technology (OT)/ICS systems.
• Understanding of threats, vulnerabilities, and exploits in ICS environments and appropriate mitigation techniques.
• Experience with or exposure to industry cyber security requirements such as NERC CIP, CISA CFATS, NRC, etc.
• Security certification such as CISSP, GIAC, SANS ICS, GICSP, etc is desired.
Xcel Energy is committed to the safety of its employees and customers, and promotes a Safety Always culture. Because of this, we strongly encourage all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19; however, vaccination is not mandatory. After being hired, you will asked to report your vaccination status and dates of vaccination. This information will be maintained confidentially and disclosed only on a need-to-know basis. If you are not fully vaccinated or choose not to disclose your vaccination status you will be required to follow any health-and-safety rules applicable to unvaccinated employees.
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you're ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Posting Notes: MN - Minneapolis || MN - Minneapolis || United States (US) || Operations and Generation || 60117:ES PO Fleet Eng Controls || Full-Time || Non-Bargaining ||
The anticipated starting base pay for this position is: $90,000 to $127,333 per year
This position may also be eligible for the following benefits and/or pay components: Pay - Annual Incentive Program, Medical/Pharmacy Plan, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Dependent Care Reimbursement Account, Health Care Reimbursement Account, Health Savings Account (HSA) (if enrolled in eligible health plan), Limited-Purpose FSA (if enrolled in eligible health plan and HSA), Transportation Reimbursement Account, Short-term disability (STD), Long-term disability (LTD), Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Fitness Center Reimbursement (if enrolled in eligible health plan), Tuition reimbursement, Transit programs, Employee recognition program, Pension, 401(k) plan, Paid time off (PTO), Holidays, Personal holidays, Volunteer Paid Time Off (VPTO) (full-time employees only), Parental Leave
Click here to see our benefits
Requisition Number: 52628
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
About this Employer
As a leading electric and natural gas energy company, we offer a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity customers and 1.9 million natural gas customers across our eight states: Colorado, Michigan, Minnesota, New Mexico, North Dakota, South Dakota, Texas and Wisconsin.
Our workforce of more than 12,000 is rising to the challenge of a dynamic, constantly-changing utility industry. One that requires us to be even more customer focused, forward thinking and productive while remaining committed to meeting our customers’ fundamental need for safe, reliable, affordable energy.
With nearly 50% of our workforce eligible to retire in the next five years, there’s never been a better time to come on board. Do you have a passion for renewable energy, like wind or solar? Or care about giving back to the community? You’ll be in a position to directly impact our energy future.
At Xcel Energy, you’ll be challenged, respected and rewarded. You’ll find an ethical team committed to excellence, safety and environmental stewardship. A dynamic company where you’ll have meaningful work that makes a difference.