Process Control Analyst Job
Are you looking for an exciting job where you can put your skills and talents to work at a company you can feel proud to be a part of? Do you want a workplace that will challenge you and offer you opportunities to learn and grow? A position at Xcel Energy could be just what you're looking for.
Position Summary Administer Xcel Energy's corporate credit card & fuel card programs, employee expense reporting system, corporate travel, and other Supply Chain programs. Monitor operational and financial performance utilizing variance analysis and other data reporting methods. Identify and resolve compliance issues. Interact with employees across the company to troubleshoot and address issues with these Supply Chain programs. Utilize excel spreadsheets, pivot tables, graphs, formulas, and macros to prepare reports and analyze data. Identify and implement process/system improvements. Develop and conduct training on Supply Chain processes. Handle assignments of a confidential nature. Exercise independent judgment and take initiative within agreed upon limits to support program governance.
- Data processing/Documentation: Process new/replacement cards, cash out of pocket, card closures, card limits, new users. Research declined transactions. Develop Process & System User documentation. Analyze data to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements (sales tax, SOX, IRS, FERC). Review data quality issues and coordinate solutions with IT. Communicate policy concerns to employees and escalate significant compliance issues. Perform in-house compliance testing.
- Analysis/Reporting: Utilize MS Excel, to extract large datasets from different systems and build reports, graphs, and trends to monitor Supply Chain key performance metrics and exceptions. Generate compliance reporting utilizing existing reports, queries, or databases. Perform analysis (e.g., statistical, trend, correlation) to identify and proactively communicate trends, root causes, performance, etc. Analyze reports to ensure data accuracy.
- Audit: Schedule independent reviews of processes, policies, and procedures. Audit transactions for policy compliance and proper supporting documentation. Ensure policies/processes are followed. Research audit questions and confidential requests from Audit regarding investigations and compliance issues. Serve as point of contact for internal audits. Correct audit findings. Advise personnel on procedures to process Supply Chain transactions accurately.
- Reconcile: Reconcile and balance various accounts and/or daily document entry against summary reports.
- Customer & System Support: Respond to fraud reports and "Get Assistance" tickets in a timely manner. Provide support as a technical and informational resource to employees/external providers to resolve questions/issues. Research system or transactional problems.
- Train: Develop and provide training on Supply Chain process, updates, or implementations.
- Project/Program Management: Implement process improvement projects. Communicate project milestones, obstacles, and progress. Troubleshoot technical problems, conduct testing, support system updates, and coordinate with IT staff.
- High School diploma.
- Minimum three years' experience in Corporate Card Administration, Audit, Accounting, or Supply Chain required.
- Proficiency in MS Office, including Excel, Word, Project, and Visio.
- Prefer experience using statistical analysis reporting tools.
- Requires proficiency in master data management principles and knowledge of multiple technology platforms.
- Excellent customer/communication skills.
- Must be customer-focused, self-motivated, results-oriented, and detail-oriented with ability to multitask and learn quickly.
- Ability to follow processes, along with analytical thinking skills
- Project management skills desired.
Xcel Energy is committed to the safety of its employees and customers, and promotes a Safety Always culture. Because of this, we strongly encourage all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19; however, vaccination is not mandatory. After being hired, you will asked to report your vaccination status and dates of vaccination. This information will be maintained confidentially and disclosed only on a need-to-know basis. If you are not fully vaccinated or choose not to disclose your vaccination status you will be required to follow any health-and-safety rules applicable to unvaccinated employees.
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you're ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Posting Notes: CO - Henderson || CO - Henderson; CO - Denver || United States (US) || Operations || 42765:Travel & Corporate Card || Full-Time || Non-Bargaining ||
The anticipated starting base pay for this position is: $19.80 to $27.66 per hour
Click here to see our benefits
Requisition Number: 49836
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at email@example.com
About this Employer
As a leading electric and natural gas energy company, we offer a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity customers and 1.9 million natural gas customers across our eight states: Colorado, Michigan, Minnesota, New Mexico, North Dakota, South Dakota, Texas and Wisconsin.
Our workforce of more than 12,000 is rising to the challenge of a dynamic, constantly-changing utility industry. One that requires us to be even more customer focused, forward thinking and productive while remaining committed to meeting our customers’ fundamental need for safe, reliable, affordable energy.
With nearly 50% of our workforce eligible to retire in the next five years, there’s never been a better time to come on board. Do you have a passion for renewable energy, like wind or solar? Or care about giving back to the community? You’ll be in a position to directly impact our energy future.
At Xcel Energy, you’ll be challenged, respected and rewarded. You’ll find an ethical team committed to excellence, safety and environmental stewardship. A dynamic company where you’ll have meaningful work that makes a difference.