Principal Rotating Equipment Engineer - Henderson, CO Job
Job Grade: D
Hierarchy: No - We can only hire at the posted level
Union Position: Non-Bargaining
Viewed as the technical engineer or subject matter expert for the organization in the application of advanced theories, concepts, principles, and processes for an assigned area of responsibility (i.e. subject matter, function, type of facility, equipment or product). Contributes to the development of new principles and concepts. Problems must be approached through a series of complex and conceptually related studies, are difficult to define, require unconventional or innovative approaches, and require sophisticated research techniques. Responsible for major project or several complex projects of moderate to large scope. Serves as organization spokesperson on advanced projects and/or programs. Acts as advisor to management and customers on advanced technical research studies and applications. Maintains contacts with individuals and units within and outside the corporation for action on technical matters. Works under consultative direction toward broad general goals and objectives. Assignments are often self-initiated. Determine and pursue courses of action necessary to obtain desired results. Work checked through consultation and agreement with others rather than by formal review of superior. May provide work direction for a team of engineers, technicians and other professionals as necessary to complete assignments. This includes evaluation of work progress and results/feedback to supervisors on performance. May lead multiple critical and/or complex projects.
1) Applies extensive technical expertise and has a higher level understanding of the basic principals of other related disciplines. Fully demonstrates the unique technical skills and core competencies for this engineering level by applying advanced technical principles, theories and concepts, and contributes to the development of new principles, concepts and technical standards. Fully demonstrates unique technical skills.
2) As a recognized internal technical SME, conceives plans and conducts research to develop procedures, codes and standards in problem areas of considerable scope and complexity and supports the development of technical documentation through a series of complex and conceptually related studies requiring unconventional or innovative approaches.
3) Exercises authority and technical leadership on assignments that are often self-initiated and self-directed. Assignments are strategic and have significant long-term implications to achievement of overall business objectives.
4) May lead multiple critical and/or complex projects including research, design, equipment specification & selection, installation, start-up, commissioning and evaluation of work progress and results.
5) Acts as advisor to management and customers on advanced technical research studies and applications. Manages bid/evaluation processes which include the preparation of bid documents, completion of technical evaluations for proposals and the review and approval of recommendations for selection.
6) Serves as organization spokesperson on advanced projects and/or programs. Is influential in all forms of communications with internal and external business.
7) May provide oversight of engineers, interns, craft personnel, technicians and other professionals. Forms mentoring relationships with less experienced engineers for the transfer of knowledge and continuous self development of technical skills and competencies. Demonstrates effective leadership skills.
8) May provide overall coordination of processes related to budgeting, estimating, forecasting, accounting and work order management, in support of existing engineering projects or packaging proposals for future projects.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering from ABET accredited curriculum (or recognized equivalency)
- 9+ years relevant engineering experience
- PE (Professional Engineer) registration required
- Ability to demonstrate the unique technical skills and core competencies for this engineering level established & documented by the organization.
- Category III Vibration Analyst certification
- Experience balancing turbine generators
- Certification in infrared thermography, lubrication, motor testing, ultrasound, etc.)
- Experience with prevalent vibration monitoring equipment such as Bently Nevada products.
Xcel Energy is committed to the safety of its employees and customers, and promotes a Safety Always culture. Because of this, we strongly encourage all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19; however, vaccination is not mandatory. After being hired, you will asked to report your vaccination status and dates of vaccination. This information will be maintained confidentially and disclosed only on a need-to-know basis. If you are not fully vaccinated or choose not to disclose your vaccination status you will be required to follow any health-and-safety rules applicable to unvaccinated employees.
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you're ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Posting Notes: CO - Henderson || CO - Henderson || United States (US) || Operations and Generation || 60115:ES PO Equip Sys Analytics || Full-Time || Non-Bargaining ||
The anticipated starting base pay for this position is: $104,000 to $145,333 per year
This position may also be eligible for the following benefits and/or pay components: Pay - Annual Incentive Program, Medical/Pharmacy Plan, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Dependent Care Reimbursement Account, Health Care Reimbursement Account, Health Savings Account (HSA) (if enrolled in eligible health plan), Limited-Purpose FSA (if enrolled in eligible health plan and HSA), Transportation Reimbursement Account, Short-term disability (STD), Long-term disability (LTD), Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Fitness Center Reimbursement (if enrolled in eligible health plan), Tuition reimbursement, Transit programs, Employee recognition program, Pension, 401(k) plan, Paid time off (PTO), Holidays, Personal holidays, Volunteer Paid Time Off (VPTO) (full-time employees only), Parental Leave
Click here to see our benefits
Requisition Number: 53128
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
About this Employer
As a leading electric and natural gas energy company, we offer a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity customers and 1.9 million natural gas customers across our eight states: Colorado, Michigan, Minnesota, New Mexico, North Dakota, South Dakota, Texas and Wisconsin.
Our workforce of more than 12,000 is rising to the challenge of a dynamic, constantly-changing utility industry. One that requires us to be even more customer focused, forward thinking and productive while remaining committed to meeting our customers’ fundamental need for safe, reliable, affordable energy.
With nearly 50% of our workforce eligible to retire in the next five years, there’s never been a better time to come on board. Do you have a passion for renewable energy, like wind or solar? Or care about giving back to the community? You’ll be in a position to directly impact our energy future.
At Xcel Energy, you’ll be challenged, respected and rewarded. You’ll find an ethical team committed to excellence, safety and environmental stewardship. A dynamic company where you’ll have meaningful work that makes a difference.