Principal Consultant, Strategy & Performance Job
Hierarchy: No - We can only hire at the posted level
Union Position: Non-Bargaining
Come join the Advanced Grid Team on deploying and implementing foundational technology to make the company's strategic priorities. The Principal Consultant facilitates the strategic planning and budgeting process as well as the delivery of strategic and effective communications around all business area activities. Provides strategic and business planning leadership and consultation to ensure alignment and achievement of plans and objectives. Partners with leaders within the business area to develop and deliver impactful metrics and other analytics. Leverages business area systems. Leads a variety of key initiatives and special programs on behalf of the business area.
- Strategic: Consults with leaders on identifying goals to be achieved by the business area. Responsible to ensure that business unit strategies are integrated across the business area and are in alignment and contribute to the achievement of Xcel Energy. Facilitates the process to create an implementation plan and distribute assets or resources needed for success.Creates a systematic approach to business unit training and implementation to foster operational excellence.
- Strategic Planning: Works with leaders to facilitate the planning, development, and implementation of the overall business area strategy and operational plans. Designs and facilitates the use of systematic tools and techniques e.g., SWOT analysis, to identify priority issues and articulate and challenge strategic assumptions. Works closely with leaders to monitor progress of plans against business results.
- Communication: Ensures the effective delivery of strategic communications around all business area activities.
- Project/Program Management: Provides overall project leadership within a business area or company-wide. Directs activities including project analysis, needs assessment, budget, and strategic implementation.
- Analytics/Metrics: Leverages business area systems and data to identify, develop and deliver impactful metrics and other analytics and/or automated solutions. Facilitates the use of systematic tools and techniques to establish priorities and targets.
- Budget Management: Works with leaders within the business area to develop, implement, and monitor the budget. Partners with Financial Operations to ensure alignment with company objectives. Ensures that leaders have an understanding of the process for developing the content for the budget.
- Direction of others: May provide direction and training of others.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- At least seven years related experience.
- Demonstrated experience in strategy and with business and operational performance measures.
- Experience in communications with demonstrated ability to deliver effective and strategic messages to audiences ranging from front line employees to senior executives.
- Experience leveraging technology.
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities in project management.
- Demonstrated ability to meet business and financial objectives.
- Advanced degree preferred.
- Experience with LMS systems.
- 7 years of change management and training experience.
- Customer and Stakeholder Engagement
- Job and Business Expertise
- Operational Excellence
- Relationship Focused
Location(s): CO - Denver; MN - Roseville
Department: 59680:RVP AGIS and Metering
Non-Union jobs will be posted internally for a minimum of 5 business days, after 5 days the job may be unposted at any time.
Union jobs will be posted based on the union agreement.
The anticipated starting base pay for this position is: $87,000 to $123,666 per year
This position may also be eligible for the following benefits and/or pay components: Pay - Annual Incentive Program, Medical/Pharmacy Plan, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Dependent Care Reimbursement Account, Health Care Reimbursement Account, Health Savings Account (HSA) (if enrolled in eligible health plan), Limited-Purpose FSA (if enrolled in eligible health plan and HSA), Transportation Reimbursement Account, Short-term disability (STD), Long-term disability (LTD), Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Fitness Center Reimbursement (if enrolled in eligible health plan), Tuition reimbursement, Transit programs, Employee recognition program, Pension, 401(k) plan, Paid time off (PTO), Holidays, Personal holidays, Volunteer Paid Time Off (VPTO) (full-time employees only), Parental Leave
Click here to see our benefits
Recruiter: Lea M Felty
Hiring Manager: Susan F Henderson
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
About this Employer
As a leading electric and natural gas energy company, we offer a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity customers and 1.9 million natural gas customers across our eight states: Colorado, Michigan, Minnesota, New Mexico, North Dakota, South Dakota, Texas and Wisconsin.
Our workforce of more than 12,000 is rising to the challenge of a dynamic, constantly-changing utility industry. One that requires us to be even more customer focused, forward thinking and productive while remaining committed to meeting our customers’ fundamental need for safe, reliable, affordable energy.
With nearly 50% of our workforce eligible to retire in the next five years, there’s never been a better time to come on board. Do you have a passion for renewable energy, like wind or solar? Or care about giving back to the community? You’ll be in a position to directly impact our energy future.
At Xcel Energy, you’ll be challenged, respected and rewarded. You’ll find an ethical team committed to excellence, safety and environmental stewardship. A dynamic company where you’ll have meaningful work that makes a difference.