Power Systems Engineer - System Modeling
ISO New England
How you will make an impact:
- Perform network model basecase development (powerflow, stability, GMD/GIC)
- Monitor, maintain and report on project life cycle from conception through and including initial operation
- Develop, organize and manage generation and transmission expansion projects utilizing enterprise modeling & model management software.
- Develop and verify study models for use by ISO-NE stakeholders
- Provide technical and procedural leadership, coordination, and facilitation within ISO-NE and among stakeholders.
- Develop, support and maintain auxiliary software required to support modeling activities working within the IT SDLC process.
- Work with software vendors to develop, test and manage versions of modeling software for use by ISO-NE and its TOs.
- Support and serve on internal and external regional and national committees, task forces and working groups as required.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or Power System Engineering required. Master's degree in Electrical Engineering or Power System Engineering preferred
- Previous direct modeling experience preferred
- Working knowledge and experience with PSS/E and other power system analysis tools preferred
- Work well in a team and communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Lead Engineer : Eight or more years in bulk system operations, transmission planning or modeling related experience. Four or more years' experience in project planning
- Senior Engineer : Five to Eight years' experience in bulk systems operations transmission planning or modeling related experience. Two years' experience in project planning
- Engineer : Two to five years' experience in bulk electric systems operations transmission planning or modeling related experience
- Associate Engineer : Two years or less experience in bulk or distribution systems operations or transmission planning
- Assistant Engineer : One year or less experience in bulk or distribution systems operations or transmission planning
Mission: Through collaboration and innovation, ISO New England plans the transmission system, administers the region's wholesale markets, and operates the power system to ensure reliable and competitively priced wholesale electricity.
Vision: To harness the power of competition and advanced technologies to reliably plan and operate the grid as the region transitions to clean energy.
Values: Expertise, Respect, Innovation, Dependability and Collaboration
What We Offer: Located in Holyoke, MA amid the picturesque Pioneer Valley of Western Massachusetts, our employees get the best of both rural and urban living, enjoying day-to-day local community culture and conveniences with drivable access to big city amenities. Our competitive base salaries, performance-driven bonus incentive offering, as well as a variety of health, wellness, and professional development benefits underscore the value we place in our employees. Beyond our comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans, we encourage continuous learning through our training and tuition reimbursement programs and support work-life balance with flex hours, hybrid work models for most roles, and paid vacation and holidays. Our benefits strive to fulfill the needs of our employees across life's stages, with paid parental time off, health and wellness programs, 401k with company match, and a retirement plan. For the convenience of our employees, we offer complimentary access to our onsite fitness center and a cafeteria with free coffee.
COVID-19 Policy: Employee safety and well-being is a priority at ISO New England. To safeguard our teams and the important work they do, ISO New England has a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy.
Equal Opportunity : We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer. Applicants for employment are considered without regard to race, creed, color, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, age, disability, status as a veteran, Vietnam Era Veteran, or being a member of the Reserves or National Guard.
Drug Free Environment: We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Social Networking Notice : ISO New England reserves the right to review the candidate's postings on any social networking site accessible in the public domain as part of the candidate assessment process.
- Pay Type Salary
About this Employer
Keeping the lights on in New England
We are the independent, not-for-profit corporation responsible for keeping electricity flowing across the six New England states and ensuring that the region has reliable, competitively priced wholesale electricity today and into the future.