Power System Engineer - Markets
ISO New England
- If hands-on problem solving with practical application describes your career goals...
- If you want a close-knit environment focused on innovation and technological leadership, where the best minds are helping shape tomorrow's energy landscape...
- If you're looking for an employer that can provide vision with results...
This position is responsible for providing functional and technical expertise to Control Room, Operations Training and Integration, Markets Administration, Forecasting, Markets Mitigation and Outage Scheduling projects and assignments. This role requires that the candidate bring both engineering and IT perspective to the solutions and services provided by the department.
How you will make an impact
- Planning, coordinating, and performing complex technical assignments related to software applications in support of the Operations, Market Administration, Forecasting, Markets Mitigation and Outage Scheduling
- Analyzing, designing, programming, troubleshooting, recommending solutions and implementing fixes associated with Market System applications
- 24x7 support for Market System applications as needed
- Assisting in the development of RFPs and evaluation of results
- Coordinating with consultants and vendors on project deliverables, lead IT Support activities for one or more business areas
- Market Systems Experience within the electric utility industry or Programming experience in Electric Utility Industry
- Working knowledge of Oracle SQL and PL/SQL
- Experience with LINUX, Windows XP
- Working knowledge with Java or Microsoft .Net and associated technologies such as J2EE/Web Technologies, Spring boot, Spring MVC, Hibernate, Apache Struts, Microsoft Web frameworks, XML, JMS, Apache ActiveMQ, Apache Ant, Apache Camel etc.
- Working knowledge of bulk power system operations and energy market operations
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering (preferred), Computer Science or related field
- Excellent analytical skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and as a Team Lead
- Master's degree in Electrical Engineering or a related field
- Experience with the GE Grid (previously Alstom Grid) Market Systems
- Experience/Knowledge related to Optimization Algorithms
Mission: Through collaboration and innovation, ISO New England plans the transmission system, administers the region's wholesale markets, and operates the power system to ensure reliable and competitively priced wholesale electricity.
Vision: To harness the power of competition and advanced technologies to reliably plan and operate the grid as the region transitions to clean energy.
Values: Expertise, Respect, Innovation, Dependability and Collaboration
What We Offer: Located in Holyoke, MA amid the picturesque Pioneer Valley of Western Massachusetts, our employees get the best of both rural and urban living, enjoying day-to-day local community culture and conveniences with drivable access to big city amenities. Our competitive base salaries, performance-driven bonus incentive offering, as well as a variety of health, wellness, and professional development benefits underscore the value we place in our employees. Beyond our comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans, we encourage continuous learning through our training and tuition reimbursement programs and support work-life balance with flex hours, hybrid work models for most roles, and paid vacation and holidays. Our benefits strive to fulfill the needs of our employees across life's stages, with paid parental time off, health and wellness programs, 401k with company match, and a retirement plan. For the convenience of our employees, we offer complimentary access to our onsite fitness center and a cafeteria with free coffee.
COVID-19 Policy: Employee safety and well-being is a priority at ISO New England. To safeguard our teams and the important work they do, ISO New England has a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy.
Equal Opportunity : We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer. Applicants for employment are considered without regard to race, creed, color, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, age, disability, status as a veteran, Vietnam Era Veteran, or being a member of the Reserves or National Guard.
Drug Free Environment: We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Social Networking Notice : ISO New England reserves the right to review the candidate's postings on any social networking site accessible in the public domain as part of the candidate assessment process.
- Pay Type Salary
About this Employer
Keeping the lights on in New England
We are the independent, not-for-profit corporation responsible for keeping electricity flowing across the six New England states and ensuring that the region has reliable, competitively priced wholesale electricity today and into the future.