Pole Integrity Manager Job
Hierarchy: No - We can only hire at the posted level
Union Position: Non-Bargaining
Responsible for the development and execution of the transmission & distribution wood pole assessment, treatment, and reinforcement/restoration programs. Develops program strategy and structure, technical specifications and processes for consistent application of strategies to meet internal and regulatory requirements.
- Planning and Strategy: Provide strategic leadership for the overall asset management strategy, technical specifications, data management systems, and work execution components of transmission & distribution wood pole assessment & treatment programs. Forecasts and budgets O&M and Capital dollars to support the Assess & Treat Pole Replacement, and Pole Reinforcement programs.
- Relationships/Communication/ Acts as the "one-point of contact" for internal and external stakeholders. Strongly influences the decisions that balance operational performance and financial performance with risk while improving internal and external customer satisfaction. Directs the development of a daily management structure that provides for consistent application of assessment, treatment, and reinforcement strategies to meet internal and regulatory requirements. Manages continuous improvement, including specification development with consensus from Op Co leadership. Partners with Sourcing on wood pole procurement.
- Operations Management: Manages the progress of annual transmission & distribution wood pole assessment, treatment and reinforcement strategies in all jurisdictions and other associated asset inspection and assessment programs as applicable. Manages the corresponding capital component of pole replacement and reinforcement work. Maximize and grow the value and longevity of transmission & distribution wood pole assets. Responsible for contract negotiation, execution, and administration.
- Software System Development: Provide strategy and implementation support for the evolution and workflows used to generate Books of Work and manage Quality Control audit data. Obtain funding for system upgrades to expand functionality.
- Team Development: Supervise assigned staff: Attract, recruit, and retain qualified staff. Establish and communicate clear performance expectations and manage employee performance. Identifies "best-value" crew complement and special maintenance requirements.
- Results Analysis: Integrate policies, priorities, and objectives to improve the operational performance and longevity of system assets. Apply industry best practices, proven models, and success factors to establish performance expectations.
- Daily Management: Responsible for daily management activities, leading formal daily management team. Recommend long-term goals for the organization and strategies for achieving those goals.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or business administration or a combination of demonstrated education and experience providing equivalent knowledge.
- 8 years of electric distribution operations, design or maintenance, and construction experience including 5 years of management experience.
- Knowledge of PC and mainframe computer applications and analytical software.
- Demonstrated ability to multitask and develop effective working relationships with diverse work groups.
- Knowledge or experience in wood pole assessment and treatment specifications and techniques
- Knowledge of wood pole treatment, ANSI & AWPA standards and GIS and data management systems.
Xcel Energy is committed to the safety of its employees and customers, and promotes a Safety Always culture. Because of this, we strongly encourage all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19; however, vaccination is not mandatory. After being hired, you will asked to report your vaccination status and dates of vaccination. This information will be maintained confidentially and disclosed only on a need-to-know basis. If you are not fully vaccinated or choose not to disclose your vaccination status you will be required to follow any health-and-safety rules applicable to unvaccinated employees.
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you're ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Posting Notes: MN - St Paul || MN - St Paul; CO - Denver; MN - Minneapolis; TX - Amarillo || United States (US) || Operations || 59369:Pole Integrity Program || Full-Time || Non-Bargaining ||
The anticipated starting base pay for this position is: $87,000 to $123,666 per year
This position may also be eligible for the following benefits and/or pay components: Pay - Annual Incentive Program, Medical/Pharmacy Plan, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Dependent Care Reimbursement Account, Health Care Reimbursement Account, Health Savings Account (HSA) (if enrolled in eligible health plan), Limited-Purpose FSA (if enrolled in eligible health plan and HSA), Transportation Reimbursement Account, Short-term disability (STD), Long-term disability (LTD), Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Fitness Center Reimbursement (if enrolled in eligible health plan), Tuition reimbursement, Transit programs, Employee recognition program, Pension, 401(k) plan, Paid time off (PTO), Holidays, Personal holidays, Volunteer Paid Time Off (VPTO) (full-time employees only), Parental Leave
Click here to see our benefits
Requisition Number: 47935
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
About this Employer
As a leading electric and natural gas energy company, we offer a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity customers and 1.9 million natural gas customers across our eight states: Colorado, Michigan, Minnesota, New Mexico, North Dakota, South Dakota, Texas and Wisconsin.
Our workforce of more than 12,000 is rising to the challenge of a dynamic, constantly-changing utility industry. One that requires us to be even more customer focused, forward thinking and productive while remaining committed to meeting our customers’ fundamental need for safe, reliable, affordable energy.
With nearly 50% of our workforce eligible to retire in the next five years, there’s never been a better time to come on board. Do you have a passion for renewable energy, like wind or solar? Or care about giving back to the community? You’ll be in a position to directly impact our energy future.
At Xcel Energy, you’ll be challenged, respected and rewarded. You’ll find an ethical team committed to excellence, safety and environmental stewardship. A dynamic company where you’ll have meaningful work that makes a difference.