Pole Attachment Services Program Manager
Pole Attachment Services Program Manager
Job Requisition Number
Electric System - ETS
- Graduation with Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with major coursework in Real Estate, Finance, Public Administration or directly related field plus four (4) years of experience in real estate, asset management, public finance or in a field related to the job, including two (2) years of experience which were in a lead or supervisory capacity. Experience may substitute for education, up to a maximum of four (4) years.
Licenses and Certifications Required:
Notes to Applicants
The Program Manager, Pole Attachment Services plans, coordinates, and directs Austin Energy's (AE) Pole Attachment Services ( PAS ) Program, which manages third- party attachments to AE's pole infrastructure, and manages the lease of space for the placement of wireless communication facilities on communications towers and structures located on AE's property.
Working with Austin Energy provides a number of health and welfare benefits such as low-cost medical, dental, vision, paid leave time, a highly competitive retirement plan, career development opportunities and more. Please click HERE for more information.
The City of Austin employment application is an official document; incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Please be sure to detail on the application all current and previous employment that you wish to be considered as part of your qualifications.
- The Employment Record should be complete with job titles, employment dates, job duties, functions, and responsibilities for each position held. Starting salary will be based on overall relevant experience from your application.
- Résumés will not be accepted and statements such as "see résumé" will not be accepted. You may use "N/A" for fields that are not applicable.
- Please note that Austin Energy may close the job posting at any time after 7 days from the date of the initial advertisement. Once the job posting has closed, applications cannot be changed.
If you are selected as a top candidate:
- Verification of your education (which may include high school graduation or GED , undergraduate and/or graduate degrees) will be required. You must provide proof of education from an accredited organization/institution.
- If you are identified as a top candidate and are in the military or a veteran, you will need to provide a copy of your DD-214 prior to confirming a start date.
- This position requires a criminal background investigation.
- Work hours may include after hours, holidays, and weekends.
- Employee may be required to work additional hours outside of regular work schedule.
Fair Labor Standards Act:
This position is considered FLSA Exempt. Exempt employees are salaried and, except as provided, are not eligible for overtime compensation.
If you are selected for this position, and meet the Driver Safety Standards in the City of Austin Driver Safety Program, you may drive when necessary to multiple locations as part of your regular job duties. Otherwise, you are responsible for getting to and from these locations.
Monday - Friday; 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Job Close Date
Type of Posting
Grant Funded or Pooled Position
2500 Montopolis Drive (SCC), Austin, TX
- Prior experience in an electric utility managing telecommunications/data/cable infrastructure attachments.
- Experience in ground space leasing, contract management, and contract negotiations.
- In depth knowledge of the Federal Telecommunications Act of 1996.
- Experience developing and implementing technical specifications and standards; and policies, procedures, and criteria.
- Knowledge of Federal, State and local laws and rules and regulations pertaining to 3rd party wireless and wireline attachments.
- Experience developing and managing complex customer facing projects and/or programs that have a diverse set of stakeholders.
- Experience working with Budgets and Contract Management within a utility environment.
- Experience establishing and maintaining relationships with and presenting to contractors, internal and external stakeholders, the general public and staff.
Duties, Functions and Responsibilities
Essential duties and functions, pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the following. Other related duties may be assigned.
Responsibilities - Supervision and/or Leadership Exercised:
- Responsible for the full range of supervisory activities including selection, training, evaluation, counseling, and recommendation for dismissal.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Must possess required knowledge, skills, abilities, and experience and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
- Knowledge of fiscal planning and monitoring procedures, budget preparation, and auditing.
- Knowledge of supervisory and managerial techniques and principles.
- Knowledge of public policy development and analysis.
- Knowledge of easements, property law, contracts, and right-of-way issues.
- Knowledge of concepts of electric distribution design and facility placement.
- Knowledge of the contractual and legal obligations related to telecommunications.
- Knowledge of equipment and construction techniques common to utility construction.
- Skill in handling and prioritizing multiple tasks and planning an organizing a program.
- Skill in negotiation of contracts and agreements and in oral and written business communications.
- Ability to prepare and evaluate business cases.
Criminal Background Investigation
This position has been approved for a Criminal Background Investigation.
City of Austin is committed to compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act. If you require reasonable accommodation during the application process or have a question regarding an essential job function, please call (512) 974-3210 or Texas Relay by dialing 7-1-1.
The City of Austin will not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, creed, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, age, religion, veteran status, disability, or sexual orientation. In addition, the City will not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of an individual's AIDS , AIDS Related Complex, or HIV status; nor will the City discriminate against individuals who are perceived to be at risk of HIV infection, or who associate with individuals who are believed to be at risk.
About this Employer
Austin Energy is one of the largest publicly owned electric utilities in the nation, providing low-cost reliable power to more than 500,000 customers and more than 1 million residents. Our mission is to deliver clean, affordable, reliable energy and excellent customer service.
We are industry leaders in conservation and renewable energy, developing some of the most comprehensive energy efficiency programs in the nation. We purchase renewable energy from wind, solar and biomass facilities to minimize our impact on the environment, and are recognized as a top-ranked Texas utility for green power sales.
As a publicly owned utility, we do more than provide power to our customers. We participate in dozens of community outreach events each year, contribute to Austin’s economic growth and continue to make strides in our commitment to environmental excellence.