Planning and Financial Controls Specialist
Idaho National Laboratory
Idaho National Laboratory group is seeking forward-thinking professionals interested in exploring a career as a Planning and Financial Controls Specialist.
Our team works an on-site 4x10 OR 9x80 schedule depending on the assigned location (ATR or Idaho Falls EROB facility) with every OR every other Friday off!
- Provide overall planning and financial controls support to assigned direct or indirect programs/projects.
- This includes, but is not limited to, supporting the development, implementation and monitoring of scope, schedule, budget, and costs; preparing funding requests and ensuring that costs plus commitments do not exceed approved funding ceilings; assists with proposal preparation; assists in the development of cost estimates and the preparation of monthly performance reporting; assures that all actual costs are appropriate and correct; and implements project closeout procedures.
- Complete tasks with limited supervision and direction; develops solutions to a variety of problems of moderate scope and complexity based on policy or past experience for guidance.
- May serve as a spokesperson for organization on financial control issues or concerns.
- May function as team lead managing multiple tasks or projects and provide guidance and direction to other staff as necessary.
- Responsible to act as a mentor, when assigned, to other staff.
- As requested, prepare schedules through interaction with Work Scope Managers to develop appropriate level of detail for schedule activity definition to support planning, integration, execution, monitoring and reporting needs.
- Provide ad-hoc scheduling support as requested.
- Accumulate, evaluate and document historical schedule data for future development of schedules.
- Interact with multiple contacts throughout the laboratory in support of scheduling.
- PR0200 - Bachelor's degree and 2 years relevant experience, Master's degree and 1 years of relevant experience, or a PhD and 0 years relevant experience.
- PR0300 - Bachelor's degree and 5 years relevant experience, Master's degree and 3 years of relevant experience, or a PhD and 2 years relevant experience.
- Proficient in the operation of personal computers and basic software applications (i.e. Microsoft Word and Excel). Ability to learn new software in a timely manner. Knowledge and proficient use of cost, scheduling and project management systems and tools.
- Salary Grade: 180 ($62,640 - $100,224) Salary Grade 190 ($70,680 - $116,616)
- Chosen applicants are required to show a demonstrated commitment to valuing diversity and contributing to an inclusive working environment.
- TDP: This is a testing designated position; you will be required to submit to a pre-employment drug screen and periodic drug testing throughout the term of your employment.
- Multi-Level: This is a multi-level posting and the selected candidate will be placed at the appropriate level dependent on depth and breadth of proven experience and skills.
Growing INL: An Overview of New Facilities and Capabilities
Our mission is to discover, demonstrate and secure innovative nuclear energy solutions, other clean energy options and critical infrastructure.
Our vision is to change the world's energy future and secure our nation's critical infrastructure.
Selective Service Requirements
To be eligible for employment at INL males born after December 31, 1959 must have registered with the Selective Service System (SSS). For more information see www.sss.gov.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Idaho National Laboratory (INL) is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of INL to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information. Women and People of Color are strongly encouraged to apply.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
When applying to positions please provide a resume and answer all questions on the following screens. Applicants, who fail to provide a resume or answer the questions, may be deemed ineligible for consideration.
INL does not accept resumes from third party vendors unsolicited.
Benefits, Salary, and Relocation
We have an extremely competitive salary structure and phenomenal benefits. For more information, please visit: https://www.inl.gov/careers/benefits-overview/
About this Employer
Part of the U.S. Dept. of Energy’s complex of national laboratories, INL performs work in each of the strategic goal areas: energy, national security, science & environment. INL is the nation’s leading center for nuclear energy research & development.