Piping Construction Superintendent
PIC Group, Inc.
Title: Piping Construction Superintendent
Position Type: Contract
Location: Salt Lake, UT
Reports to: Project Manager
PIC Group has an exciting opportunity for a disciplined Piping Construction Superintendent supporting rebuild of copper smelting furnaces for a brownfield copper in the Salt Lake, UT area, which is one of the largest open-pit copper mines in the world for mining, smelting, and copper refining in the Salt Lake, UT area. The Piping Construction Superintendent will continuously monitor and implement best work practices, procedures, and safety culture, as well as an effective work practice program for all project activities. The Piping Construction Superintendent will report to the assigned Project Manager to direct resources for both mechanical and structural activities, for a safe, economic, and timely project, while maintaining company quality standards . Duties will require outdoor activities including but not limited to working in a heavy industrial environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Overall job site responsibility for piping manpower, schedule, equipment, and resources to support an on-time and on-budget project.
- Communicate effectively with Staff and Clients to ensure the goals of the project are achieved.
- Create long and short-term plans, which include setting measurable targets, to adhere to deadlines.
- Delegate tasks on the projects to employees best positioned to complete them while maintaining company standards.
- Communicate with project management to keep the project aligned with the overall business objectives.
- Form strong relationships with the execution team to be able to challenge and coach while providing services to core standards.
- Monitor and controlling of resources thru effective oversight to achieve the project objectives.
- Monitor and assessing performances to make improvements or take corrective actions to maintain project objectives.
- Work with project team to ensure compliance with company policies, governmental rules/regulations, and regulatory standards.
- Ensure corporate policies and programs related to HR, Safety, Quality, and Project Controls are implemented to achieve the project objectives.
- In addition to training, serves as a resource to the organization for Manpower support, tooling needs, PPE supplies, and other pertinent information.
- Monitor and ensure compliance with regularly scheduled safety meetings, facility inspections, and emergency drills at all locations.
- Create and maintain a culture reflective of a commitment to an illness and injury-free workplace.
- Provide regular written and/or oral reports to senior leadership on the project progress, schedule updates, issues, and or concerns
- Stay abreast of current and emerging technical and professional aspects of this position.
- Assist Project Manager to develop schedules, work plans and resource allocation for projects.
- Assist Project Manager to prepare and control operational budgets for projects to achieve the business objectives.
- Assist Project Manager in managing change to achieve project and business objectives.
- Ability to managing and achieving balance of and the right priority from multiple simultaneous projects
- Skilled in advanced problem solving and critical thinking skills in a team environment.
- Good organizational and recordkeeping abilities as well as the ability to maintain good records of all safety related activities.
- Excellent interpersonal, facilitation, communication and influencing skills especially with senior level executives.
- Ability to develop and implement Time Management and People strategies aligned to achieve the project objectives.
- Ability to develop, coach, and support the personnel on all operational activities to achieve project goals.
- Expertise in managing Job Safety Analysis (JSA), Personal Protection Equipment (PPE), and Safety Incentive initiatives.
- Skilled in effective decision making when presented with multiple options to progress the project
- Ability to Monitor and Track financials for project to achieve the objectives of the project
- Knowledge in Maintaining logs and other required reports to ensures compliance of required postings on projects
- Knowledge and Experience with Procore, Bluebeam Revu, Smartsheet, and Navisworks (preferred)
- Excellent verbal and written communication and organization skills
- Proficiency with the following MS Office Suite products (Word, Excel, etc.)
- Ability to read and interpret drawings and blueprints
- Ability to take and upload digital photographs
- Ability to work in extreme heat and cold, respond quickly to sounds, see, and respond to dangerous situations
- Experience coaching, leading, and training construction teams.
- Ability to find and attract required manpower and resources to support projects.
- Duties require walking, standing for extended periods of time, crawling, stooping, sitting, climbing vertical and inclined ladders and stairs, and lifting and carrying up to 50 lbs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Must be able to wear a full-face respirator at all times while in the plant production area.
- Must be able to use protective equipment correctly (i.e., hard hats, safety glasses, ear protection, etc.) most of the day.
Education / Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Construction Management (preferred) or 5+ years as an on-site Superintendent or Construction Manager with heavy industrial/construction experience in industries such as mining, steel, lead, aluminum, oil production, etc.
- Experience with construction projects in the Western United States (preferred)
About this Employer
PIC Group, Inc., established in 1988 and headquartered in Atlanta, GA, is a global provider of service solutions to the power generation industry. PIC Group’s comprehensive portfolio of services supports all aspects of power project development including installation, outage, commissioning and start-up, operations and maintenance, documentation and training, and project support. As of March 2008, PIC Group, Inc. is a wholly owned subsidiary of Marubeni Corporation, a publicly listed company headquartered in Tokyo, Japan.