Physical Security Technology Specialist
This position is posted until filled.
Department: Physical Security
No job description available
Physical Security Technology Specialist
Salary Grade: G08
Minimum Midpoint Maximum
$58,128 - $77,021 - $95,912
This position is covered by NERC CIP cyber security standards. Prior to being hired, promoted, or transferred into the position, the candidate must successfully pass a Personnel Risk Assessment, which includes identity verification and a criminal background check. Prior to being granted unescorted access to cyber secure areas, the candidate must attend cyber security training. Annual cyber security training is also required.
Physical Security is responsible for safeguarding company assets and employees so that PNMR can reliably deliver power to our customers. The technology specialist will create, manage, and maintain a best-in-class security technology program in support of the physical security department.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Troubleshoots routine CCTV, NVR, access control, and intrusion detection system failures
- Overseas installation and maintenance of technical security products
- Pro-actively identifies and prevents problems that could cause failures in technical security systems
- Analyzes technical security requirements as determined by NERC CIP standards and the Physical Security Manager
- Identifies solutions and best implementation approach
- Develops business and functional specification documents
- Conducts technical security surveys of PNMR facilities and makes recommendations for required improvements
- Identifies qualified vendors, and manages buyer functions in consultation with Physical Security Manager and project management staff
- Manages capital project budgets and refresh cycles
- Manages Security Technology Software Platforms
- Implements configuration changes into Video Management System (VMS) and access control platforms in accordance with business needs; retrieves and edits VMS systems
- Conducts research and audits into access control and VMS platforms.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Associates degree with three to five years of years demonstrated experience related to the role, or equivalent combination of education and/or experience related to the discipline.
- Certified Protection Professional certification or relative security certifications are strongly preferred.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions, policies, or processes furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
- Ability to communicate to employees at all levels about company policies, procedures, and processes
- Negotiation skills and ability to gain concessions without damaging relationships
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals
- Ability to use and provide training on electronic security systems equipment, closed circuit television, and recording software at multiple sites
- Working knowledge of word processing, database, presentation, and spreadsheet software
- Ability to solve complex problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists and to change priorities as events unfold.
- Ability to anticipate, influence, and assist the Company in changing conditions and trends (internal and external) of importance to the direction of the Company.
- Identifies risk and makes sound decisions as difficult situations arise.
- Ability to understand the physical security control of the Company and individual organizations and provides guidance to ensure proper access controls are accomplished and are consistent with company policies and procedures.
- Makes decisions regarding coordination of efforts within the Company to restore critical systems and provide facilities or supplies.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit up to 2/3 Of the time.
- Manual dexterity required. close vision, and the ability to talk and listen.
- In addition, 1/3 of the time, the position requires lifting up to 50 pounds and frequent prolonged periods of standing, bending, pulling, twisting, reaching, climbing and standing
- Ability to stand or walk up to 1/3 of the time and regularly required to sit up to 2/3 of the time.
- Ability to stoop, kneel, crouch, climb, reach, twist, or crawl.
- Manual dexterity is required to perform equipment repairs and good vision is required to perform all aspects of the job.
- May occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- May require long periods of time in interview, conference or meeting when one is required to talk and/or listen.
- Office environment 2/3.1/3 field work repairing equipment or conducting surveys.
- While performing the duties of this position; the employee may be exposed to weather conditions from 100 degrees to below 0 degrees and exposed to various climates and conditions.
- Wearing of safety clothing and equipment may at times be required.
- Up to 30% travel required.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY STATEMENT
PNM Resources and affiliates are Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers. Women, minorities, disabled individuals and veterans are encouraged to apply.
About this Employer
PNM Resources is an energy holding company based in Albuquerque, N.M., with 2020 consolidated operating revenues of $1.5 billion. Through its regulated utilities, PNM and TNMP, PNM Resources provides electricity to approximately 800,000 homes and businesses in New Mexico and Texas. PNM serves its customers with a diverse mix of generation and purchased power resources totaling 3.0 gigawatts of capacity, with a goal to achieve 100% emissions-free energy by 2040. PNM Resources is publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange as PNM.
PNM Resources strives to create enduring value for customers, communities and shareholders built on a foundation of Environmental, Social and Governance Principles. At the core of our business we are focused on our Vision, our Purpose and our Values.