PFC Projects and Financial Controls Specialist
Idaho National Laboratory
Idaho National Laboratory's (INL) Business Management group is seeking forward-thinking professionals interested in exploring a career as a PFC Planning and Financial Controls Specialist.
Our team works an on-site 9x80 schedule located at our EROB facility with every other Friday off!
- Recognized subject matter expert and/or designated lead providing planning and financial controls support to direct or indirect programs/projects.
- This includes providing guidance on laboratory project control processes and procedures; coordinating funding requests; coordinating and implementing work authorization systems; developing, implementing, and maintaining project baselines; assisting in the preparation of monthly performance reports; preparing funding status reports; developing and coordinating change control processes, assuring actual costs are correct and appropriate; implementing project closeout procedures.
- Serves as a mentor for developing less senior and/or less knowledgeable employees.
- Uses innovative approaches to develop solutions to complex problems within established policy.
- Proactively recommends process improvements that will increase organizational efficiency.
- Could serve as a team lead over large, complex projects providing leadership and direction to other team members.
- Assigned programs/projects are generally of high complexity and risk.
- As requested, prepare schedules through interaction with Work Scope Managers to develop appropriate level of detail for schedule activity definition to support planning, integration, execution, monitoring and reporting needs.
- Provide ad-hoc scheduling support as requested. Accumulate, evaluate and document historical schedule data for future development of schedules.
- Interact with multiple contacts throughout the laboratory in support of scheduling.
Bachelors degree plus 5-8 years' experience or an Advanced degree plus 3-6 years' relevant experience.
- Expert knowledge of laboratory business and project management systems. Position requires excellent computer and decision making skills.
- Ability to operate various computer software and learn new computer software in a timely manner.
- This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a Department of Energy "Q" clearance, which requires US Citizenship.
- Advanced Excel skills (Pivot tables, Power BI).
- Primavera P6 scheduling experience
- Salary Grade: 190/210
- Chosen applicants are required to show a demonstrated commitment to valuing diversity and contributing to an inclusive working environment.
- TDP: This is a testing designated position; you will be required to submit to a pre-employment drug screen and periodic drug testing throughout the term of your employment.
- Multi-Level: This is a multi-level posting and the selected candidate will be placed at the appropriate level dependent on depth and breadth of proven experience and skills.
INL is a science-based, applied engineering national laboratory dedicated to supporting the U.S. Department of Energy's mission in nuclear energy research, science, and national defense. With more than 5,000 scientists, researchers, and support staff, the laboratory works with national and international governments, universities and industry partners to discover new science and development technologies that underpin the nation's nuclear and renewable energy, national security, and environmental missions.
Our mission is to discover, demonstrate and secure innovative nuclear energy solutions, other clean energy options and critical infrastructure.
Our vision is to change the world's energy future and secure our nation's critical infrastructure.
Selective Service Requirements:
To be eligible for employment at INL men born after December 31, 1959 must have registered with the Selective Service System (SSS). For more information see www.sss.gov.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
INL is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of INL to provide EEO to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information. Women and People of Color are strongly encouraged to apply.
COVID Safety Protocols:
As a condition of employment, INL will inquire about COVID vaccination status and expects candidate compliance with all required COVID safety protocols, including mask-wearing as applicable.
INL has implemented a required vaccination policy effective immediately requiring all new hires must be vaccinated against COVID - 19 as a condition of employment, unless exempt under Title VII of the Civil Rights Act, the Americans with Disabilities Act, or other applicable state or federal law. In accordance with INL's duty to provide and maintain a workplace that is free of known hazards, we are adopting this policy to safeguard the health of our employees and their families, our customers and visitors, and the community at large from infectious diseases that may be reduced by vaccinations.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
When applying to positions please provide your resume and answer all questions on the following screens. Applicants, who fail to provide a resume or answer the questions, may be deemed ineligible for consideration.
INL does not accept resumes from third party vendors unsolicited.
Benefits & Salary:
We have an extremely competitive salary structure, robust relocation package, and a phenomenal benefits package. For more information, please visit: https://www.inl.gov/careers/benefits-overview
About this Employer
Part of the U.S. Dept. of Energy’s complex of national laboratories, INL performs work in each of the strategic goal areas: energy, national security, science & environment. INL is the nation’s leading center for nuclear energy research & development.