PFC Planning and Financial Controls
Idaho National Laboratory
Idaho National Laboratory's (INL) Business Management group is seeking forward-thinking professionals interested in exploring a career in Planning and Financial Controls (PFC).
Our team works an on-site 9x80 schedule located at our facility with every other Friday off!
Position may require work at the SMC (Specific Manufacturing Capabilities) research desert site which may affect the work schedule.
Provide overall planning and financial controls support to assigned direct and/or indirect programs/projects.
This includes, but is not limited to:
- Supporting the development, implementation and monitoring of scope, schedule, budget, and costs; preparing funding requests and ensuring costs plus commitments do not exceed approved funding ceilings; assisting with proposal preparation and development of cost estimates; preparing monthly performance reporting and ensuring actual costs are appropriate and accurate; and implementing project closeout procedures.
- Gradually assumes greater responsibility with less supervision and direction; develops solutions to a variety of problems of moderate scope and complexity based on policy or past experience. Assigned programs/projects are generally of medium size, complexity, and risk.
- As requested, prepare schedules through interaction with Work Scope Manager(s) to develop appropriate level of detail for schedule activity definition to support planning, integration, execution, monitoring, and reporting needs.
- Provide ad-hoc scheduling support, as requested. Accumulate, evaluate, and detail historical schedule data for development of future schedules. Interact with multiple contacts throughout the laboratory in support of scheduling activities.
Level 1 or 2:
Baccalaureate and 0-2 years relevant experience, or Advanced Degree and 1 year of relevant experience.
- Knowledgeable in the operation of personal computers and basic software applications (i.e., Microsoft Word and Excel).
- Experience is related to particular knowledge, skills, and abilities to successfully perform the duties of the position. Ability to learn and apply new software in a timely manner and maintain specific training that pertains to planning and financial controls functions.
- This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a Department of Energy "Q" clearance, which requires US Citizenship.
- Salary Grade: 170 ($54,192 - $86,760) 180 ($60,984 - $97,584)
- Chosen applicants are required to show a demonstrated commitment to valuing diversity and contributing to an inclusive working environment.
- TDP: This is a testing designated position; you will be required to submit to a pre-employment drug screen and periodic drug testing throughout the term of your employment.
- Multi-Level: This is a multi-level posting and the selected candidate will be placed at the appropriate level dependent on depth and breadth of proven experience and skills.
INL is a science-based, applied engineering national laboratory dedicated to supporting the U.S. Department of Energy's mission in nuclear energy research, science, and national defense. With more than 5,000 scientists, researchers, and support staff, the laboratory works with national and international governments, universities and industry partners to discover new science and development technologies that underpin the nation's nuclear and renewable energy, national security, and environmental missions.
Our mission is to discover, demonstrate and secure innovative nuclear energy solutions, other clean energy options and critical infrastructure.
Our vision is to change the world's energy future and secure our nation's critical infrastructure.
Selective Service Requirements:
To be eligible for employment at INL men born after December 31, 1959 must have registered with the Selective Service System (SSS). For more information see www.sss.gov.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
INL is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of INL to provide EEO to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information. Women and People of Color are strongly encouraged to apply.
COVID Safety Protocols:
As a condition of employment, INL will inquire about COVID vaccination status and expects candidate compliance with all required COVID safety protocols, including mask-wearing as applicable.
INL has implemented a required vaccination policy effective immediately requiring all new hires must be vaccinated against COVID - 19 as a condition of employment, unless exempt under Title VII of the Civil Rights Act, the Americans with Disabilities Act, or other applicable state or federal law. In accordance with INL's duty to provide and maintain a workplace that is free of known hazards, we are adopting this policy to safeguard the health of our employees and their families, our customers and visitors, and the community at large from infectious diseases that may be reduced by vaccinations.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
When applying to positions please provide your resume and answer all questions on the following screens. Applicants, who fail to provide a resume or answer the questions, may be deemed ineligible for consideration.
INL does not accept resumes from third party vendors unsolicited.
Benefits & Salary:
We have an extremely competitive salary structure, robust relocation package, and a phenomenal benefits package. For more information, please visit: https://www.inl.gov/careers/benefits-overview
About this Employer
Part of the U.S. Dept. of Energy’s complex of national laboratories, INL performs work in each of the strategic goal areas: energy, national security, science & environment. INL is the nation’s leading center for nuclear energy research & development.