Personnel Security Specialist
Idaho National Laboratory
Idaho National Laboratory's (INL) Badging and Clearances group is seeking forward-thinking professionals interested in exploring a career as a Personnel Security Specialist! This team works an on-site 9x80 schedule located at our Willow Creek facility with every other Friday off.
- Perform various job functions including Badge issuance, clearance processing, subcontractor processing, new employee on-boarding and terminations, and assisting employees and subcontractors with completion of government forms.
- Maintain proficiencies in other personnel security functions to provide in-depth support for the organization.
- Issue security credentials, permits, and provides keycard and database input for the INL access control systems.
- Ensure that all inactive and lost badges are removed from the keycard system.
- Responsible for badge issuance documentation for INL employees and subcontractors.
- Serve as a primary backup for HSPD-12 enrollment and activation badging functions.
- Participate clearance processing for INL employees and subcontractors as needed.
- Responsible for collecting forms and processing new requests for employees, subcontractors, and visitors.
- Distribute of program information to customers and collaborators
- Provide support to customers related to onboarding of new hires, subcontractors, or visitors
- Provide OJT for other program personnel
- Provide reports to Counterintelligence
- Maintain documentation of administrator processes
- Resolution of program reports
- Completion of DOE Q clearance tasks
- Facilitate drug/alcohol test and documentation process
- Initiate pre-employment background screening
- Complete of badging, PIV, or other Personnel Security special assignments
- Maintain knowledge of processes and procedures of all PerSec Specialist roles to support all areas as needed
- Independently perform Personnel Security tasks associated with primary role within the organization.
- Provide support for other elements within Personnel Security outside of normal daily taskings.
- Complete special projects in support of Personnel Security needs.
- Troubleshoot issues related to systems, equipment, and processes.
- Level 3: High School Diploma or Equivalent plus 4 years related experience.
- Level 4: High School Diploma or Equivalent plus 6 years related experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality.
- Great attention to detail.
- Excellent basic computer skills.
- Able to effectively prioritize.
- Must be able to work well as a team.
- Must possess the ability to perform most job duties with limited or no immediate supervision.
- Experience and efficiency in the current INL communications platform (i.e., Office 365 suite).
- Experience and efficiency in database user functions.
- Salary Grade 150 ($44,004 - $70,392) / Salary Grade 170 ($55,656 - $89,112)
- Chosen applicants are required to show a demonstrated commitment to valuing diversity and contributing to an inclusive working environment.
- TDP: Testing designated position; It will be required to submit to a pre-employment drug screen and periodic drug testing throughout the term of employment.
- Multi-Level: This is a multi-level posting, and the selected candidate will be placed at the appropriate level dependent on depth and breadth of proven experience and skills.
INL is a science-based, applied engineering national laboratory dedicated to supporting the U.S. Department of Energy's mission in nuclear energy research, science, and national defense. With more than 5,000 scientists, researchers, and support staff, the laboratory works with national and international governments, universities, and industry partners to discover new science and development technologies that underpin the nation's nuclear and renewable energy, national security, and environmental missions.
Our mission is to discover, demonstrate and secure innovative nuclear energy solutions, other clean energy options and critical infrastructure.
Our vision is to change the world's energy future and secure our nation's critical infrastructure.
Selective Service Requirements:
To be eligible for employment at INL men born after December 31, 1959, must have registered with the Selective Service System (SSS). For more information see www.sss.gov.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
INL is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of INL to provide EEO to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information. Women and People of Color are strongly encouraged to apply.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
When applying to positions please provide your resume and answer all questions on the following screens. Applicants, who fail to provide a resume or answer the questions, may be deemed ineligible for consideration.
INL does not accept resumes from third party vendors unsolicited.
Benefits & Salary:
We have an extremely competitive salary structure, robust relocation package, and a phenomenal benefits package. For more information, please visit: https://www.inl.gov/careers/benefits-overview
About this Employer
Part of the U.S. Dept. of Energy’s complex of national laboratories, INL performs work in each of the strategic goal areas: energy, national security, science & environment. INL is the nation’s leading center for nuclear energy research & development.