Performance Assurance Department Manager
Idaho National Laboratory
Idaho National Laboratory's (INL) Materials and Fuels Complex Business group is seeking forward-thinking professionals interested in exploring a career as a Performance Assurance Department Manager.
Our team works an on-site 4x10 schedule located at our Materials and Fuels Complex with every Friday off!
The Performance Assurance manager is responsible to provide leadership and direction to the performance assurance organizational areas ensuring all activities associated with the INL Contractor Assurance System (CAS) processes are followed, while also fostering a robust performance improvement culture throughout MFC. Responsible to leverage experience in complex, dynamic operation and research environments, and knowledge of MFC facility safety authorization basis documents to help identify performance gaps and trends, and effectively manage them to closure in a timely manner.
Responsible for the following key functions:
- Day-to-day employee management, including direction of assigned employees to assure CAS tools and methods are properly applied
- Hire, train, develop, reward, and take employee actions
- Provide regular coaching and mentoring to maximize each individual's contributions
- Participate on internal committees and boards to ensure continuous improvement at INL and MFC
- Bachelors degree plus 8 years relevant experience in operations.
- Must have 2 years demonstrated experience successfully leading teams
- Experience in nuclear facility operations is preferred
- This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a Department of Energy "L" clearance, which requires US Citizenship
- Demonstrated experience in conducting assessments, developing key performance indicators, developing corrective actions, and resolving issues in a commercial, nuclear, or industrial environment
- Salary Grade 220 ($104,688 - $172,668)
- Chosen applicants are required to show a demonstrated commitment to valuing diversity and contributing to an inclusive working environment.
- TDP: This is a testing designated position; you will be required to submit to a pre-employment drug screen and periodic drug testing throughout the term of your employment.
INL is a science-based, applied engineering national laboratory dedicated to supporting the U.S. Department of Energy's mission in nuclear energy research, science, and national defense. With more than 5,000 scientists, researchers, and support staff, the laboratory works with national and international governments, universities and industry partners to discover new science and development technologies that underpin the nation's nuclear and renewable energy, national security, and environmental missions.
Our mission is to discover, demonstrate and secure innovative nuclear energy solutions, other clean energy options and critical infrastructure.
Our vision is to change the world's energy future and secure our nation's critical infrastructure.
Selective Service Requirements:
To be eligible for employment at INL men born after December 31, 1959 must have registered with the Selective Service System (SSS). For more information see www.sss.gov.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
INL is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of INL to provide EEO to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information. Women and People of Color are strongly encouraged to apply.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
When applying to positions please provide your resume and answer all questions on the following screens. Applicants, who fail to provide a resume or answer the questions, may be deemed ineligible for consideration.
INL does not accept resumes from third party vendors unsolicited.
Benefits & Salary:
We have an extremely competitive salary structure, robust relocation package, and a phenomenal benefits package. For more information, please visit: https://www.inl.gov/careers/benefits-overview
About this Employer
Part of the U.S. Dept. of Energy’s complex of national laboratories, INL performs work in each of the strategic goal areas: energy, national security, science & environment. INL is the nation’s leading center for nuclear energy research & development.