Idaho National Laboratory
Idaho National Laboratory's (INL) Materials And Fuels Complex (MFC) Performance Management group is seeking forward-thinking professionals interested in exploring a career as a Performance Analyst.
Our team works an on-site 4x10 schedule located at our MFC facility with every Friday off!
- Support Laboratory Management through coordination and implementation of the Contractor Assurance programs at the Idaho National Laboratory.
- Analyze disparate data sources and draw meaningful conclusions.
- Conduct in field assessments, inspections, and oversight activities.
- Use operational experience and knowledge to make information decisions and recommendations to leadership.
- Employ innovative techniques to solve organizational and operational challenges.
- Develop mitigative/corrective actions and implement improvement plans.
- Coordinate the implementation of Contractor Assurance programs across multiple departments within the organization.
- Lead teams on technical projects without direct supervision.
- Aid the organization in the coordination and development of frequent written reports and presentations covering high level reports, cause analysis reports, formal correspondence with the DOE, process improvement plans, strategy and initiative documents, and developing written guidance, processes, and implementation manuals.
- Act as qualified Lead Assessor, Critique Leader, Cause Analyst, and/or PAAA/NTS Screener in accordance with Laboratory requirements.
- Serve as lead, POC, and/or SME in various roles including, but not limited to: issues management (including PAAA/NTS issue screener), assessments and assessment coordinator, Management Observation Program, Integrated Operations Performance Analysis Council (IOPAC), causal analyst, Event Critique Lead, Lessons Learned, and metric/KPI subject matter expert.
- Prepare (integrate, consolidate, and assemble) the MRM, Senior MRM, PEMP and other reports as necessary summarizing for cross-divisional performance while providing analysis and interpretation of strengths, weaknesses, potential risks, and suggested mitigations.
- Identify and report high-risk issues to senior management and, as needed, propose solutions and strategies to correct and improve performance.
- Collaborate with DOE-ID, as appropriate.
- Serve as peer reviewer, collaborator, and/or mentor for other programs, projects, organizations, and individuals.
- Bachelor's in Business, Technical or related degree and 5 years or Advanced Degree and 3 years of relevant experience.
- Understanding of Contractor Assurance processes is required. Strong interpersonal and communications skills are required.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively gather, analyze, and communicate performance-related information to all levels of staff and management.
- Knowledge and understanding of Key Performance Indicators, Human Performance (HPI), analysis of performance data, identifications of potential risks to mission accomplishment, and contractor assurance processes is required.
- General knowledge and understanding of work control processes is required.
- Demonstrated progression to more responsible professional positions. Individual must demonstrate convincingly that they possess the judgment and experience base to credibly advise management on matters of strategic importance to the organization's function. Must be capable of working effectively across organizational and functional boundaries.
- This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a Department of Energy "L" clearance, which requires US Citizenship.
- Salary Grade: 200
- Chosen applicants are required to show a demonstrated commitment to valuing diversity and contributing to an inclusive working environment.
- TDP-Testing designated position; you will be required to submit to a pre-employment drug screen and periodic drug testing throughout the term of your employment.
- Multi-Level: This is a multi-level posting and the selected candidate will be placed at the appropriate level dependent on depth and breadth of proven experience and skills.
Growing INL: An Overview of New Facilities and Capabilities
Our mission is to discover, demonstrate and secure innovative nuclear energy solutions, other clean energy options and critical infrastructure.
Our vision is to change the world's energy future and secure our nation's critical infrastructure.
Selective Service Requirements
To be eligible for employment at INL males born after December 31, 1959 must have registered with the Selective Service System (SSS). For more information see www.sss.gov.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Idaho National Laboratory (INL) is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of INL to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information. Women and People of Color are strongly encouraged to apply.
COVID Safety Protocols
As a condition of employment, Idaho National Laboratory will inquire about COVID vaccination status and expects candidates to comply with all required COVID safety protocols, including mask-wearing as applicable.
Idaho National Laboratory has implemented a required vaccination policy effective immediately requiring that all new hires must be vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment, unless exempt under Title VII of the Civil Rights Act, the Americans with Disabilities Act, or other applicable state or federal law. In accordance with Idaho National Laboratory's duty to provide and maintain a workplace that is free of known hazards, we are adopting this policy to safeguard the health of our employees and their families, our customers and visitors, and the community at large from infectious diseases that may be reduced by vaccinations.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
When applying to positions please provide a resume and answer all questions on the following screens. Applicants, who fail to provide a resume or answer the questions, may be deemed ineligible for consideration.
INL does not accept resumes from third party vendors unsolicited.
Benefits, Salary, and Relocation
We have an extremely competitive salary structure and phenomenal benefits. For more information, please visit: https://www.inl.gov/careers/benefits-overview/
About this Employer
Part of the U.S. Dept. of Energy’s complex of national laboratories, INL performs work in each of the strategic goal areas: energy, national security, science & environment. INL is the nation’s leading center for nuclear energy research & development.