PIC Group, Inc.
Title: Outside Operator
Position Type: Direct Hire
Location: Baconton, GA
Reports to: Assistant Plant Manager
The Outside Operator performs the safe and reliable operation of the local plant equipment as assigned by the Shift Supervisor or Sr. Plant Operator. The Outside Operator must be capable of achieving all qualifications of each system of the plant and acts as a Control Room Operator when required. The Outside Operator is responsible for local system line-up, local isolation, and local equipment system specific checks, flow pressure control, and troubleshooting. The Outside Operator will operate Local PLC's and other equipment / systems that may be locally or remotely controlled. The Outside Operator will perform shift operational activities in accordance with PIC policies and applicable laws. The Outside Operator is responsible for Operational Logs of equipment and pass down of shift status and communication to other shifts. This position participates in on-the-job training for both Control Room Operations, Outside Monitoring, and the troubleshooting and repair of equipment. The Outside Operator also ensures safety and environmental procedures are adhered to and supports the operational readiness of the Generation Facility.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Operate local plant equipment as assigned by the Shift Supervisor and/or the Control Room Operator.
- Perform on the Job training as required for Operators to meet their qualifications.
- Undergo training for Control Room Operations and assist when required.
- Maintain proper communications with the Control Room Operator at all times with regards to safety, plant operations and system status.
- Assist in development and review of Plant Operating Procedures.
- Clean Plant Equipment as assigned.
- Responsible for Local System checks of each equipment and/or system including oil checks, sample gathering, system line-up and isolation.
- Report abnormalities / discrepancies to the Shift Supervisor and Sr. Plant Operator for work order implementation and possible impact on operations.
- Perform troubleshooting and assist in problem solving activities.
- Perform system / component isolation per the LOTO (Lock out Tag out) program and ensure compliance with all parties.
- Adhere and comply with the plant safety policies and procedures at all times.
- Represent the plant's best interest at all times.
- Record daily readings, such as oil levels, pressures, flows, temperatures, and other process requirements as assigned per daily routine.
- Perform Preventative Maintenance activities and other duties as assigned per the CMMS program.
- Knowledge in Balance of Plant systems start-up, operation, and shutdown of plant.
- Thorough knowledge of equipment isolation and tagging procedures.
- Experience responding to plant abnormal situations, alarms, and emergencies.
- Thorough knowledge of the location, purpose, and proper use of the plant safety equipment.
- Experience aligning, switching, isolating, and paralleling electrical equipment and systems.
- Working in varied outdoor environments such as all-weather conditions, all noise levels, hazardous conditions, and on the full range of outdoor work surfaces.
- The frequent use of protective equipment (i.e., hard hats, safety glasses, air masks, ear protection, chemical suits, hot gloves, and high voltage protective equipment, etc.) may be required. Work with hazardous materials may also be required.
- Working in proximity to high voltages and current with proper training and equipment, operating heavy equipment and rolling stock and entering confined spaces or hazardous environments may be required while often being exposed to equipment and machinery noises.
- Duties require walking, standing for extended periods of time, crawling, stooping, sitting, climbing vertical and inclined ladders and stairs, operation of large valves and other tasks requiring up to 100 lbs. of pulling or turning force, and lifting and carrying up to 50 lbs. Exposure to extreme heat and cold.
- Eye and hand coordination are required to operate switches, pushbuttons, and other controls.
- Specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust and focus.
- All candidates will participate in the post-offer drug screening.
- High School Diploma required.
- Five years of Power / Process plant experience in a control room environment required.
About this Employer
PIC Group, Inc., established in 1988 and headquartered in Atlanta, GA, is a global provider of service solutions to the power generation industry. PIC Group’s comprehensive portfolio of services supports all aspects of power project development including installation, outage, commissioning and start-up, operations and maintenance, documentation and training, and project support. As of March 2008, PIC Group, Inc. is a wholly owned subsidiary of Marubeni Corporation, a publicly listed company headquartered in Tokyo, Japan.