Outage Management System Data Integrity & Approval Technician Job
Are you looking for an exciting job where you can put your skills and talents to work at a company you can feel proud to be a part of? Do you want a workplace that will challenge you and offer you opportunities to learn and grow? A position at Xcel Energy could be just what you're looking for.
NMS-OMS outage Approvers perform a variety of tasks utilizing QA processes and performing extensive research to ensure data integrity, accurate information is provided and properly displayed within Xcel Energy's Enterprise system and other applications to accurately reflects outage duration and restoration times. Works closely with the various business units to create specialized data integrity reports to ensure accurate data. Failure to maintain the NMS-OMS data accurately results in costly fines to the company, electric reliability reporting issues, and potential safety issues for both employees and the public.
- Interpret, verify, revise, correct, reconcile and approve outage records within NMS-OMS System application. Review data to accurately depict outage duration and restoration times within application. Utilize multiple systems and other information to create accurate electric outage records. This information determines Customer Minutes Out counts, which impacts Corporate, regional Operating Company SAIDI and other monitoring measures, customer rebates, and quality of restoration services. This information is also utilized in compliance audits by various company departments and governmental agencies.
- Update connectivity model mapping issues to properly reflect real world electrical distribution system configuration. Utilize multiple software applications as well as external resources to confirm distribution system configuration, phasing, premise & device location addressing and connectivity. Request electric distribution field checks & field verifications to Operations and Trouble departments. Communicate with partners to confirm and/or help resolve area mapping issues. Provide detailed revision information and inform GIS-Mapping department of all required mapping changes needed. Connectivity model corrections are provided to GIS-Mapping department and all submissions are tracked to completion.
- Perform extensive research and data review using multiple software programs including; Service Suite DA application, EMS Query, OMS-REA application, CRS, CCQR, Business Objects/Webi, GIS-Smallworld and NMS-OMS Switch Plans. Utilize this data and QA processes to properly understand outages and connectivity model issues to allow accurate approval of system outages.
- IBM I/T Team Support for system and service suite software applications - Properly maintain and update information daily in the IBM Fuzzy Log Tracking database. Log tracks changes made to NMS-OMS System electronic records, problem outages, including unconnected premise callers, making sure the customer premise receives proper credit for each outage accordingly. Communicate daily/weekly with team until GIS-Mapping changes have been incorporated within the NMS-OMS System application.
- Electric Escalated Operations Support - Perform calls to customers during storm operations to verify outages and help provide faster restoration to both residential and industrial customers and increase customer satisfaction. Document accurate descriptions of outage information and distribute priority outages to Distribution Control Center and other supporting groups. (This requires on-call scheduling)
- Bachelors Degree in Geography/GIS or a combination of education and experience providing equivalent knowledge.
- Three years mapping experience or other related experience in the utility industry.
- Successful completion of GIS application training preferred.
- Excellent computer skills and problem solving skills.
- Must be proficient in the use of Outage Management Systems, Dispatching Applications, GIS Small World, GIS Lite, AutoCad, CRS, CCQR, WEBI, RFO, REA, MS Office applications and other Real time systems.
Xcel Energy is committed to the safety of its employees and customers, and promotes a Safety Always culture. Because of this, we strongly encourage all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19; however, vaccination is not mandatory. After being hired, you will asked to report your vaccination status and dates of vaccination. This information will be maintained confidentially and disclosed only on a need-to-know basis. If you are not fully vaccinated or choose not to disclose your vaccination status you will be required to follow any health-and-safety rules applicable to unvaccinated employees.
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you're ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Posting Notes: CO - Denver || CO - Denver || United States (US) || Operations || 61520:G&E Control Center PSC || Full-Time || Non-Bargaining ||
The anticipated starting base pay for this position is: $22.40 to $31.33 per hour
Click here to see our benefits
Requisition Number: 49829
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at email@example.com
About this Employer
As a leading electric and natural gas energy company, we offer a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity customers and 1.9 million natural gas customers across our eight states: Colorado, Michigan, Minnesota, New Mexico, North Dakota, South Dakota, Texas and Wisconsin.
Our workforce of more than 12,000 is rising to the challenge of a dynamic, constantly-changing utility industry. One that requires us to be even more customer focused, forward thinking and productive while remaining committed to meeting our customers’ fundamental need for safe, reliable, affordable energy.
With nearly 50% of our workforce eligible to retire in the next five years, there’s never been a better time to come on board. Do you have a passion for renewable energy, like wind or solar? Or care about giving back to the community? You’ll be in a position to directly impact our energy future.
At Xcel Energy, you’ll be challenged, respected and rewarded. You’ll find an ethical team committed to excellence, safety and environmental stewardship. A dynamic company where you’ll have meaningful work that makes a difference.