OT Compliance Analyst/Sr OT Compliance Analyst Job
Location(s): CO - Denver; MN - Minneapolis; MN - Newport; TX - Amarillo; WI - Eau Claire
Are you looking for an exciting job where you can put your skills and talents to work at a company you can feel proud to be a part of? Do you want a workplace that will challenge you and offer you opportunities to learn and grow? A position at Xcel Energy could be just what you're looking for.
The primary responsibility of this position is the day to day management and administration of Substation processes and documentation required to support Xcel Energy regulatory oversight and execution of internal processes of the NERC, FERC or CIP Compliance Programs. This position assists in the development of work management system data elements supporting the operations areas where specific substation equipment work, condition assessments and cyber vulnerability assessments will be performed within the Transmission & Distribution substation environments. This data will be used by the Compliance Analyst to support the audit of equipment records, management of equipment baseline settings, and incident research and evidence gathering for audits, both internal and those conducted by regulatory authorities. This position will perform field visits to the substations for asset inventory evaluation as well as various control assessments of the operational technology assets deployed in the substations. Activities supporting software for the SAP work management systems and external linked systems, including the Substation Compliance Data Warehouse reporting environment.
- Process and Controls Awareness: Working knowledge of NERC, FERC or CIP policy, standards, processes and controls and its impact on business operations and support functions; Effectively manages the oversight of field work and/or programs maintain change control documentation and manage the tracking of projects at CIP stations to ensure that CIP requirements around change control are met for operational technology assets. This includes any resulting change as defined through asset condition assessments; Provides guidance to the field technical resources; Identifies and is able to apply process and controls knowledge to meet compliance requirements; is able to ensure process requirements are met and/or issues are escalated, classified and documented properly.
- Project Management: Receives work assignments and works independently with some review and direction; Plans and schedules daily work to meet established schedules; Perform field inventory of operational technology devices required by regulatory and contractual compliance as well as any internally identified procedures assigned related to inventory of assets; Performs technical project work as needed to complete project deliverables.
- Customer Relationship Management: Communicate with customers regarding regulatory and/or compliance matters; Work closely with field technicians to ensure they have access to the work management tools to allow for work in CIP substations and to support all equipment condition assessments in the BES and Low Impact Asset locations; To maintain compliance program data integrity, works directly with the Substation Asset Health Condition Assessment resources as the primary contact and solution provider for field work programs or discrete project management to confirm compliance with all regulatory programs.
- College Degree in a related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of 4 years utility experience; business analytics experience preferred.
- Demonstrated verbal/written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to ever changing regulatory and operational technology requirements and competencies to accomplish the task at hand.
- Ability to work independently when required and excels in a team environment.
- Must possess problem-solving skills and have a broad knowledge relating to data management and analysis.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Transmission Substation Equipment.
- Competent in Microsoft Visio and Excel.
- Travel is required 25% of the time within the Xcel Energy territory.
Xcel Energy is committed to the safety of its employees and customers, and promotes a Safety Always culture. Because of this, we strongly encourage all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19; however, vaccination is not mandatory. After being hired, you will asked to report your vaccination status and dates of vaccination. This information will be maintained confidentially and disclosed only on a need-to-know basis. If you are not fully vaccinated or choose not to disclose your vaccination status you will be required to follow any health-and-safety rules applicable to unvaccinated employees.
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you're ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Posting Notes: CO - Denver || CO - Denver; MN - Minneapolis; MN - Newport; TX - Amarillo; WI - Eau Claire || United States (US) || Operations || 41427:Substation Compliance || Full-Time || Non-Bargaining ||
The anticipated starting base pay for this position is: $68,000 to $96,666 per year
This position may also be eligible for the following benefits and/or pay components: Pay - Annual Incentive Program, Medical/Pharmacy Plan, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Dependent Care Reimbursement Account, Health Care Reimbursement Account, Health Savings Account (HSA) (if enrolled in eligible health plan), Limited-Purpose FSA (if enrolled in eligible health plan and HSA), Transportation Reimbursement Account, Short-term disability (STD), Long-term disability (LTD), Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Fitness Center Reimbursement (if enrolled in eligible health plan), Tuition reimbursement, Transit programs, Employee recognition program, Pension, 401(k) plan, Paid time off (PTO), Holidays, Personal holidays, Volunteer Paid Time Off (VPTO) (full-time employees only), Parental Leave
Click here to see our benefits
Requisition Number: 53280
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at email@example.com
About this Employer
As a leading electric and natural gas energy company, we offer a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity customers and 1.9 million natural gas customers across our eight states: Colorado, Michigan, Minnesota, New Mexico, North Dakota, South Dakota, Texas and Wisconsin.
Our workforce of more than 12,000 is rising to the challenge of a dynamic, constantly-changing utility industry. One that requires us to be even more customer focused, forward thinking and productive while remaining committed to meeting our customers’ fundamental need for safe, reliable, affordable energy.
With nearly 50% of our workforce eligible to retire in the next five years, there’s never been a better time to come on board. Do you have a passion for renewable energy, like wind or solar? Or care about giving back to the community? You’ll be in a position to directly impact our energy future.
At Xcel Energy, you’ll be challenged, respected and rewarded. You’ll find an ethical team committed to excellence, safety and environmental stewardship. A dynamic company where you’ll have meaningful work that makes a difference.