Operations Work Coordinator Job
Are you looking for an exciting job where you can put your skills and talents to work at a company you can feel proud to be a part of? Do you want a workplace that will challenge you and offer you opportunities to learn and grow? A position at Xcel Energy could be just what you're looking for.
Standard Operations Position. Responsible for the maintenance and coordination of daily work plans that effectively and efficiently use resources with emphasis on safety, customer satisfaction, quality improvement, and regulatory compliance. Generate work orders and perform final review and closeout of completed work packets. Ensure a high level of accuracy within all operating systems to support data integrity.
- Create and maintain a daily work plan and daily crew roster. Adjust planned schedules on a day-to-day basis and assign crews for priority tasks in light of resource availability, scheduling conflicts and real-time progress reports from front line leaders.
- Generate work orders and complete job closeout of all work packets within various systems. Analyze exception reports to verify labor and equipment charged to each work, job, trouble and miscellaneous order.
- Support the department, business unit, plant, or area by requesting locates, ordering materials, coordinating other utilities, or scheduling specialized equipment associated with daily operations. Provide backup to other Operations Work Coordinator and/or Associate positions.
- Maintain data integrity within the various systems used to manage daily work execution, asset management and scheduling activities. Reconcile completed work packets to eliminate discrepancies in labor, material and transportation charges while comparing as-builts to match the work completed.
- Work effectively with local supervisors and build/leverage strong partnerships with stakeholder groups to maximize productivity, utilization and operational efficiency of all resources
- High School diploma or GED.
- Minimum three years related experience industries experience in construction, design, maintenance or operations area (utility experience preferred).
- Must have a good understanding of the regular work functions of the area including work order management, payroll, invoicing, materials, compliance, policies, safety, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to schedule and manage work activities in a manner that meets customer and/or internal stakeholder requirements.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel or other spreadsheet tools.
- Ability to retrieve and manipulate data from reporting tools.
- Knowledge of and ability to use a wide range of computer software applications which include Microsoft products, work management, mapping and scheduling/project management tools.
Xcel Energy is committed to the safety of its employees and customers, and promotes a Safety Always culture. Because of this, we strongly encourage all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19; however, vaccination is not mandatory. After being hired, you will asked to report your vaccination status and dates of vaccination. This information will be maintained confidentially and disclosed only on a need-to-know basis. If you are not fully vaccinated or choose not to disclose your vaccination status you will be required to follow any health-and-safety rules applicable to unvaccinated employees.
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you're ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Posting Notes: CO - Grand Junction || CO - Grand Junction; CO - Silverthorne || United States (US) || Public Service Company || 63520:Gas Ops HP Mountain PSCO || Full-Time || Non-Bargaining ||
The anticipated starting base pay for this position is: $26.00 to $36.33 per hour
Click here to see our benefits
Requisition Number: 48787
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at email@example.com
About this Employer
As a leading electric and natural gas energy company, we offer a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity customers and 1.9 million natural gas customers across our eight states: Colorado, Michigan, Minnesota, New Mexico, North Dakota, South Dakota, Texas and Wisconsin.
Our workforce of more than 12,000 is rising to the challenge of a dynamic, constantly-changing utility industry. One that requires us to be even more customer focused, forward thinking and productive while remaining committed to meeting our customers’ fundamental need for safe, reliable, affordable energy.
With nearly 50% of our workforce eligible to retire in the next five years, there’s never been a better time to come on board. Do you have a passion for renewable energy, like wind or solar? Or care about giving back to the community? You’ll be in a position to directly impact our energy future.
At Xcel Energy, you’ll be challenged, respected and rewarded. You’ll find an ethical team committed to excellence, safety and environmental stewardship. A dynamic company where you’ll have meaningful work that makes a difference.