Operations Supervisor - Gas Job
Hierarchy: No - We can only hire at the posted level
Union Position: Non-Bargaining
Standard Operations Position. Supervise a high performing operations team while driving the safe, efficient and cost-effective use of resources according to policies and procedures. Assure safe, reliable, and compliant operations and ensure customer satisfaction. Ensure consistent and effective use of standard tools and processes. Support attainment of corporate and business unit goals and objectives, and process and performance metrics. Serve as a strong communicator of key strategic and operational changes.
- Safety: Provide visible safety leadership and drive real time safety accountability by engaging employees/crew through safety meeting facilitation, job briefs, audits, training, accident investigation/event assessment, and job site observations. Work in close partnership with Safety Consultant.
- Business Optimization & Strategy: Evaluate team performance based on operational efficiency, reliability and quality metrics; monitor trends, and take corrective action where appropriate. Ensure and reinforce the importance of process adherence and data integrity. Identify continuous improvement opportunities and drive adoption of process changes through effective communication of expectations and objectives.
- Operational Effectiveness: Responsible for crew productivity and quality of execution. Maintain a consistent presence in the work environment. Assist in removing barriers with pre-requisites, materials, stakeholder, and other issues. Align crew skills and availability to work activities through coordinators, planners, and schedulers, prioritizing customer satisfaction and reliability.
- Talent Management: Recruit talented employees, establish clear performance expectations and effectively manage performance. Provide training, coaching and oversight and drive employee engagement. Provide input and leadership in addressing bargaining unit issues, grievances, corrective actions, and future development.
- Relationship Management: Build and maintain effective internal and external relationships. Be knowledgeable of necessary systems and resources to assist employees, other work groups, and/or customers and stakeholders. Enable crews to provide solutions to issues and improve customer/stakeholder satisfaction.
- Regulatory & Compliance: Coordinate the execution and documentation of work in accordance with Xcel Energy policies and procedures, labor agreements, and regulatory standards. Support and ensure required compliance/technical training is completed. Establish, monitor, and track processes to ensure regulatory compliance.
- Three or more years in design, construction, operations, engineering or maintenance of utility systems/power generation plants or related industries/fields.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in specific functional area standards, procedures, and applicable government/environmental regulations.
- Operational knowledge of work and asset management and analytical/reporting applications.
- Effective change leader with demonstrated ability to effectively communicate company/business area strategies and objectives to various stakeholders.
- Proven results at achieving performance and operational metrics and driving process adherence.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Project Management, or related field.
- Informal leadership or supervisory experience.
- Demonstrated experience working as/with bargaining unit employees.
- Completion of an approved apprentice program in an appropriately related craft.
- Demonstrated understanding of utility finance.
Xcel Energy is committed to the safety of its employees and customers, and promotes a Safety Always culture. Because of this, we strongly encourage all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19; however, vaccination is not mandatory. After being hired, you will asked to report your vaccination status and dates of vaccination. This information will be maintained confidentially and disclosed only on a need-to-know basis. If you are not fully vaccinated or choose not to disclose your vaccination status you will be required to follow any health-and-safety rules applicable to unvaccinated employees.
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you're ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Posting Notes: CO - Boulder || CO - Boulder || United States (US) || Operations || 64540:Gas Ops Boulder PSC || Full-Time || Non-Bargaining ||
The anticipated starting base pay for this position is: $77,000 to $109,666 per year
This position may also be eligible for the following benefits and/or pay components: Pay - Annual Incentive Program, Medical/Pharmacy Plan, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Dependent Care Reimbursement Account, Health Care Reimbursement Account, Health Savings Account (HSA) (if enrolled in eligible health plan), Limited-Purpose FSA (if enrolled in eligible health plan and HSA), Transportation Reimbursement Account, Short-term disability (STD), Long-term disability (LTD), Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Fitness Center Reimbursement (if enrolled in eligible health plan), Tuition reimbursement, Transit programs, Employee recognition program, Pension, 401(k) plan, Paid time off (PTO), Holidays, Personal holidays, Volunteer Paid Time Off (VPTO) (full-time employees only), Parental Leave
Click here to see our benefits
Requisition Number: 48506
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at email@example.com
About this Employer
As a leading electric and natural gas energy company, we offer a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity customers and 1.9 million natural gas customers across our eight states: Colorado, Michigan, Minnesota, New Mexico, North Dakota, South Dakota, Texas and Wisconsin.
Our workforce of more than 12,000 is rising to the challenge of a dynamic, constantly-changing utility industry. One that requires us to be even more customer focused, forward thinking and productive while remaining committed to meeting our customers’ fundamental need for safe, reliable, affordable energy.
With nearly 50% of our workforce eligible to retire in the next five years, there’s never been a better time to come on board. Do you have a passion for renewable energy, like wind or solar? Or care about giving back to the community? You’ll be in a position to directly impact our energy future.
At Xcel Energy, you’ll be challenged, respected and rewarded. You’ll find an ethical team committed to excellence, safety and environmental stewardship. A dynamic company where you’ll have meaningful work that makes a difference.