Operations Manager - Gas Job
Are you looking for an exciting job where you can put your skills and talents to work at a company you can feel proud to be a part of? Do you want a workplace that will challenge you and offer you opportunities to learn and grow? A position at Xcel Energy could be just what you're looking for.
Standard Operations Position. Supervise a high performing, safe operations team across multiple functions, facilities, or commodities while driving the efficient and cost-effective use of numerous resources through consistent and effective application of policies and procedures. Assure safe, reliable, and compliant operations, drive continuous improvement, and ensure customer satisfaction. Drive attainment of corporate and business unit strategies, goals and objectives, and process and performance metrics.
- Provide visible safety leadership and actively contribute to the creation, implementation, and continuous improvement of a strong, sustainable safety culture in partnership with Safety Consultant. Drive safety accountability by engaging the team through a variety of safety events, tools, trainings, observations, and metrics.
- Business Optimization & Strategy: Evaluate team performance based on operational efficiency, reliability and quality metrics; take corrective action where appropriate, focusing on process adherence and data integrity. Identify continuous improvement opportunities and drive adoption of process changes through effective collaboration and expectation setting.
- Operational Effectiveness: Provide direct leadership over crew effectiveness, quality and productivity. Maintain continuous presence in the work environment and remove barriers with pre-reqs, materials, stakeholder, and other issues. Ensure correct crew composition and skills to meet operational, reliability, customer and financial objectives. Assist in preparing resource forecasts and providing input to longer-term work plans.
- Talent Management: Recruit talented employees, participate in workforce and development planning efforts, establish clear expectations, and effectively and manage performance. Provide training, coaching and oversight and drive employee engagement. Effectively represent the organization in bargaining unit discussions, grievances, corrective actions and development.
- Relationship Management: Build and maintain effective relationships with all areas that support Operations. Provide strong working knowledge of necessary systems and resources to assist employees, other work groups, and/or customers and stakeholders. Enable crews to provide solutions to issues and improve customer/stakeholder satisfaction.
- Regulatory & Compliance: Oversee and coordinate the execution and documentation of work in accordance with policies, procedures, labor agreements, and regulatory standards. Ensure required compliance/technical training is completed. Establish, monitor, and track processes to ensure regulatory compliance.
- Five or more years in design, construction, operations, engineering or maintenance of utility systems/power generation plants or related industries/fields or equivalent.
- Associates or technical degree preferred.
- Demonstrated technical expertise in specific functional area including standards, procedures, and applicable government/environmental regulations.
- Operational knowledge of work and asset management and analytical/reporting applications.
- Effective change leader with demonstrated ability to effectively communicate company and business area strategies and objectives to a variety of stakeholders.
- Proven results at achieving performance and operational metrics and driving process adherence.
- Three years of supervisory experience.
- Completion of an approved apprentice program in an appropriately related craft.
- Demonstrated understanding of utility finance.
- Demonstrated experience working as or with bargaining unit employees.
Will be required to be on call.
Xcel Energy is committed to the safety of its employees and customers, and promotes a Safety Always culture. Because of this, we strongly encourage all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19; however, vaccination is not mandatory. After being hired, you will asked to report your vaccination status and dates of vaccination. This information will be maintained confidentially and disclosed only on a need-to-know basis. If you are not fully vaccinated or choose not to disclose your vaccination status you will be required to follow any health-and-safety rules applicable to unvaccinated employees.
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you're ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Posting Notes: CO - Fort Collins || CO - Fort Collins || United States (US) || Operations || 64740:Gas Ops FoCo PSC || Full-Time || Non-Bargaining ||
The anticipated starting base pay for this position is: $87,000 to $123,666 per year
This position may also be eligible for the following benefits and/or pay components: Pay - Annual Incentive Program, Medical/Pharmacy Plan, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Dependent Care Reimbursement Account, Health Care Reimbursement Account, Health Savings Account (HSA) (if enrolled in eligible health plan), Limited-Purpose FSA (if enrolled in eligible health plan and HSA), Transportation Reimbursement Account, Short-term disability (STD), Long-term disability (LTD), Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Fitness Center Reimbursement (if enrolled in eligible health plan), Tuition reimbursement, Transit programs, Employee recognition program, Pension, 401(k) plan, Paid time off (PTO), Holidays, Personal holidays, Volunteer Paid Time Off (VPTO) (full-time employees only), Parental Leave
Click here to see our benefits
Requisition Number: 47385
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at email@example.com
About this Employer
As a leading electric and natural gas energy company, we offer a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity customers and 1.9 million natural gas customers across our eight states: Colorado, Michigan, Minnesota, New Mexico, North Dakota, South Dakota, Texas and Wisconsin.
Our workforce of more than 12,000 is rising to the challenge of a dynamic, constantly-changing utility industry. One that requires us to be even more customer focused, forward thinking and productive while remaining committed to meeting our customers’ fundamental need for safe, reliable, affordable energy.
With nearly 50% of our workforce eligible to retire in the next five years, there’s never been a better time to come on board. Do you have a passion for renewable energy, like wind or solar? Or care about giving back to the community? You’ll be in a position to directly impact our energy future.
At Xcel Energy, you’ll be challenged, respected and rewarded. You’ll find an ethical team committed to excellence, safety and environmental stewardship. A dynamic company where you’ll have meaningful work that makes a difference.