Operations Assistant - Substation Construction Job
Job Grade: EE
Hierarchy: No - We can only hire at the posted level
Union Position: Non-Bargaining
Standard Operations Position. Perform administrative tasks which include preparation of correspondence, spreadsheets, purchasing documents, payroll, and expense reporting for union/non-union personnel within the Substation Construction Department. Provide basic office operations; ordering office supplies, and maintaining and updating files and databases.
- Meeting Coordination and Customer Service Support: Responsible for daily office operations: distribute mail, answer and screen phone calls, and maintain fax and copier equipment. Provide assistance with scheduling pool vehicles. Schedule and make meeting arrangements as requested.
- Time and Expense Reporting: Understand procedures and rules associated with time and expense reporting for union/non-union employees. Conduct periodic reviews of time reports and expenses to ensure report integrity and accuracy. Maintain proficiency in required timekeeping systems.
- Data Entry and Maintenance: Perform data entry, copying, drawings and forms. Maintain database files, prepare correspondence, spreadsheets, and purchasing documents. Perform filing and file retrieval functions. Compiles, computes and verifies information with a high degree of accuracy.
- Office Management: Maintain inventory and order office supplies. Reconcile and pay procurement card statements. Assist with site and corporate functions. Provide backup assistance to other team members.
- Emergency Assistance: Provide assistance during emergency storm operations.
- High school education or GED.
- Three years of administrative experience preferred.
- Knowledge of business operations, and proficiency in personal computer word processing, mainframe applications used by Field Operations, Microsoft office products, intra-, and inter-net operations, and e-mail.
- Payroll experience.
- Experience with employee onboarding and corresponding paperwork.
- Experience with fleet equipmenttime entry.
- Experience with SharePoint.
Xcel Energy is committed to the safety of its employees and customers, and promotes a Safety Always culture. Because of this, we strongly encourage all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19; however, vaccination is not mandatory. After being hired, you will asked to report your vaccination status and dates of vaccination. This information will be maintained confidentially and disclosed only on a need-to-know basis. If you are not fully vaccinated or choose not to disclose your vaccination status you will be required to follow any health-and-safety rules applicable to unvaccinated employees.
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you're ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Posting Notes: MN - Maple Grove || MN - Maple Grove || United States (US) || Operations || 0329S:NSP Electrical Substaton Const || Full-Time || Non-Bargaining ||
The anticipated starting base pay for this position is: $18.20 to $25.46 per hour
Click here to see our benefits
Requisition Number: 53172
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at email@example.com
About this Employer
As a leading electric and natural gas energy company, we offer a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity customers and 1.9 million natural gas customers across our eight states: Colorado, Michigan, Minnesota, New Mexico, North Dakota, South Dakota, Texas and Wisconsin.
Our workforce of more than 12,000 is rising to the challenge of a dynamic, constantly-changing utility industry. One that requires us to be even more customer focused, forward thinking and productive while remaining committed to meeting our customers’ fundamental need for safe, reliable, affordable energy.
With nearly 50% of our workforce eligible to retire in the next five years, there’s never been a better time to come on board. Do you have a passion for renewable energy, like wind or solar? Or care about giving back to the community? You’ll be in a position to directly impact our energy future.
At Xcel Energy, you’ll be challenged, respected and rewarded. You’ll find an ethical team committed to excellence, safety and environmental stewardship. A dynamic company where you’ll have meaningful work that makes a difference.