O&M Sales Manager
PIC Group, Inc.
Title: Sales Manager
Position Type: Direct Hire
Location: Unites States (Remote)
Reports to: VP Global Operation and Business Development
The Sales Manager reports directly to the Vice President, Global Operations & Business Development and is responsible for leading, managing, and maintaining strategic accounts in parallel with all business development and sales activities for Operations & Maintenance (O&M) Services within a specified region or specified account list.
It is expected that the Sales Manager will be an individual who is highly skilled in the art of Operations & Maintenance (O&M) services while balancing business development across all Lines of Business to support the growth goals of the company. While managing business development activities, the Sales Manager will foster an environment of accountability, excellence, collaboration, and innovation among the staff and will demonstrate fiscal responsibility.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Proficient at use of sales materials, presentations to stay current with product knowledge and sell company products and services to potential clients within the Power, Energy and Industrial Sectors.
- Cold call prospects and follow-up promptly on all existing and new sales leads to generate and close opportunities for all Lines of Business. Attain individual financial goals to support annual revenue plan.
- Maintaining an account call plan that aggressively targets new customers in existing and adjacent industries.
- Penetrate the market and develop new customer accounts, establish and maintain client relationships.
- Daily updates and maintenance of the company Customer Relation Management System (CRM) for customer activity, account updates, contact information, opportunities and quote activity.
- Prompt preparation of a variety of status reports such as trip reports, win strategies, follow up meeting notes, weekly items of interest and turnover notes for adherence of expectations and goals.
- Collecting data for competitive products, monitor market indicators, be aware of competitors strategy and gather all required customer information to provide win strategies for guidance of the company and position PIC as the best possible technical and commercial solution.
- Work with Commercial Management on Terms and Conditions for contracts, credit worthiness of the client and help collecting any unpaid invoices.
- Educate personnel within strategic accounts on all of PIC's service offerings.
- Set up and deliver PIC Group presentations to potential accounts.
- Determine market trends and provide recommendations for new service offerings.
- Evaluate, segment and prioritize accounts and develop an overall strategy and specific Product Positioning Strategies.
- Document and share the Market, Addressable Market and current Market Share by major Product Line.
- Maintain and grow the level of business within existing strategic accounts.
- Acquire new strategic accounts and develop opportunities within these accounts.
- Close opportunities within strategic accounts.
- Weekly activities, Trip Reports, Win Strategies
- "Four Week Look Ahead" of planned activities
- Develop detailed analysis of strategic account projects and personnel.
- Identify opportunities within the target markets and target segmentation in sufficient numbers to achieve your individual revenue plan.
- Develop an appropriate written "strategy to win" for each deal by utilizing a simple outline list of bullets, simple written explanation and/or the Miller Heiman Blue-sheet
- Support customer negotiations directly when required to close the deal.
- Make recommendations for new service offerings through consistent contact with strategic account personnel.
- Become proficient and educate the marketplace, promoting and cross-selling of all PIC product lines in addition to your core product line responsibility.
- Coordinate and control all contact with personnel within strategic accounts, and set the strategic direction Maintain a high level of service within strategic accounts, including the coordination and delivery of all customer required deliverables.
- Provide revenue projections for each strategic account.
- Adopt the "Challenger Sales Model" as the primary model when engaging account personnel.
- Apply Miller Herman or similar sales tactics to map out and close the deal.
- Provide frequent and well-formed communications including in-person engagement with the business leaders and other department resources.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as Gross Margin, Net Present Value, Future Value, Discounts, Interest, Commissions, Proportions, Percentages, etc. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Frequent travel of 50% or greater is expected (May be extensive at times).
- This position can work remotely from their home office. Home office is required to be in a location that is close to a major airport that permits ease of travel within the assigned regional territory.
- Must be able to lift 25lbs and participate in plant walkdowns including industrial environments with stairs and ladders
- Regional responsibility and travel include North America and other areas as directed by the VP, Global Operations & Business Development- O&M .
Education / Experience:
- 10+ years of progressive experience in power and industrial O&M sales or other qualifying industry experience with a proven track record of prospecting and originating sales opportunities.
- Bachelor's degree is preferred or equivalent experience.
- Must be able to work independently, be goal oriented and driven to succeed.
- Proficient organizational skills and attention to detail is a must.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced work environment and manage multiple opportunities simultaneously
- Must have a "team player" attitude with strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work well with a diverse workforce.
- Maintain professional demeanor and ability to interact with employees and customers at all levels.
- Willingness to travel as required and may be extensive at times.
- Familiarity with selling to executive customers, explaining the value proposition, persuade and influence others
- Capable of planning and coordinating all facets of a complex contractual solution
PIC Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We offer competitive wages and benefits. We seek out and employ talented individuals who meet the qualifications for each position. Due to the large number of responses we receive to our postings, only those applicants with the required experience and qualifications will be contacted.
About this Employer
PIC Group, Inc., established in 1988 and headquartered in Atlanta, GA, is a global provider of service solutions to the power generation industry. PIC Group’s comprehensive portfolio of services supports all aspects of power project development including installation, outage, commissioning and start-up, operations and maintenance, documentation and training, and project support. As of March 2008, PIC Group, Inc. is a wholly owned subsidiary of Marubeni Corporation, a publicly listed company headquartered in Tokyo, Japan.