O365 Administrator I/II
Electric Reliability Council of Texas
ERCOT is committed to fostering diversity and inclusion at all levels of our company. It is the cornerstone of our corporate values of accountability, leadership, innovation, trust, and expertise. We accept and celebrate those that join us and recognize that individuals with a wide variety of talents, ideas, and experiences propel the innovation that drives our success. A diverse and inclusive workforce strengthens us and allows for a collaborative environment to solve the challenges that face our industry today and in the future.
ERCOT offers the flexibility to work both in and out of the office within the state of Texas, providing our employees with an enhanced work life balance.
Designs the end-user computing experience to ensure a high-quality client computing environment. Deploys, maintains, monitors, and supports the assigned environment related activities of the organization. Recommends, implements, and supports cost-effective technology solutions for projects.
- Understands the basic principles, theories and concepts related to the profession and learns how to apply them within the ERCOT culture.
- Follows standard practices and procedures in analyzing situations or data from which answers can be readily obtained.
- Contributes to specific objectives and outcomes as directed.
O365 Administrator I/II
- This position will work with multiple business operations teams to plan, design, develop, implement, and support various Office 365 collaboration tools to solve complex business issues
- Manage and monitor Office 365 services and hybrid infrastructure
- Document changes to the Office 365 systems following the ERCOT change management processes
- Identity common end user issues and create knowledge base articles for their solutions
- Maintain a highly secure system through proper configuration and system access monitoring
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues with user access to cloud services
- Provide support along the various points in the mail routing path.
- Maintain a good understanding of upcoming changes to the platforms to assist with organizational change management
- Monitor and communicate to stakeholders the performance of the services
- Ensure service delivery meets the business requirements (based on defined SLAs)
- Maintain security, backup, and redundancy strategies
- Support mobile device access with Microsoft Intune
- Support the creation and maintenance of configuration and operational documentation.
- Champion the adoption of Office 365 services as appropriate for ERCOT business objectives
- Assist with the creation of policies around the proper use of Office 365 services and support.
- Provide support for the organization's Cisco WebEx use cases.
- Stay current with industry trends and standards.
- Provide escalation support to the Deskside Support team for issues dealing with Email, Teams, Mobile, SharePoint, and OneDrive.
- Rotational On-Call 24/7 support for Board of Director email needs.
- Office 365 or any other Microsoft certification preferred
- Requires minimum 2 years job related work experience in excess of degree requirements
- Requires minimum 2 years experience in desktop support including Outlook, Teams, and OneDrive client.
- Requires minimum 2 years demonstrated proficiency and experience with Exchange Online, Microsoft Teams, PowerShell
- Experience with Exchange (on-premises/online) administration
- Experience with Office 365 (over 1000 users) administration
- Experience with Microsoft Windows Server administration
- Experienced and well versed in all Microsoft environments
- Associate's Degree : Applied Technology or related field (Required)
- Bachelor's Degree : Computer Science, MIS or related field (Preferred)
- or a combination of education and experience that provides equivalent knowledge to a major in such fields is required
- The majority of job duties can be performed remotely from your Texas residence.
- May be required to be on-site at the Taylor or Austin facilities at least once a month, or more based on the business needs and as determined by the Manager
- Work arrangements are subject to business needs and are subject to change accordingly
- Remote work schedules shall be performed within Texas. Log-ins during out of state business travel, and any temporary remote work arrangements must be submitted and approved by HR
About this Employer
The Electric Reliability Council of Texas (ERCOT) manages the flow of electric power to more than 26 million Texas customers -- representing about 90 percent of the state’s electric load. As the independent system operator for the region, ERCOT schedules power on an electric grid that connects more than 52,700+ miles of transmission lines and 1,030+ generation units, including PUNs. It also performs financial settlement for the competitive wholesale bulk-power market and administers retail switching for 8 million premises in competitive choice areas. ERCOT is a membership-based 501(c)(4) nonprofit corporation, governed by a board of directors and subject to oversight by the Public Utility Commission of Texas and the Texas Legislature. Its members include consumers, cooperatives, generators, power marketers, retail electric providers, investor-owned electric utilities, transmission and distribution providers and municipally owned electric utilities.