Nuclear Research Facility System/Project Engineer
Idaho National Laboratory
Idaho National Laboratory's (INL) Radioisotope Power Systems (RPS) group is seeking forward-thinking professionals interested in exploring a career as a Nuclear Research Facility System/Project Engineer.
Our team works an on-site 4x10 schedule located at our Materials and Fuels Complex with every Friday off!
The Materials and Fuels Complex (MFC) at the Idaho National Laboratory (INL) is seeking applicants for an Engineer for the position of Nuclear Facility Research Engineer reporting to the to the Radioisotope Power Systems (RPS) Engineering Department Manager.
INL is recognized as the lead national laboratory for DOE-NE, providing much of the nuclear research, development, and demonstration capability needed to move nuclear innovation forward to deployment. The Space Nuclear Power and Isotope Technologies (SNPIT) division of the Materials and Fuels Complex (MFC) hosts a unique combination of personnel, facilities and infrastructure and offers the ability to provide of RPS in support of National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) missions.
The Nuclear Research Facility Engineer applies engineering knowledge, practice, and techniques to solve applied and operational problems in the area of Radioisotope Power Systems.
Key functions of the role include:
- Design Engineer
- Systems Engineer
- Project Engineer
- Bachelor of Science in engineering, material science or other engineering related field with 2 years of experience or a Master of Science Degree in engineering, material science or other engineering related field and 1 years of experience
- This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a Department of Energy "Q" clearance, which requires US Citizenship
- Experience performing medium scale projects involving nuclear facilities
- Strong English written and oral communication skills are essential
- Salary Grade 210 ($91,032 - $150,156)/220 ($104,688 - $172,668)
- Chosen applicants are required to show a demonstrated commitment to valuing diversity and contributing to an inclusive working environment.
- TDP: This is a testing designated position; you will be required to submit to a pre-employment drug screen and periodic drug testing throughout the term of your employment.
- Multi-Level: This is a multi-level posting and the selected candidate will be placed at the appropriate level dependent on depth and breadth of proven experience and skills.
INL is a science-based, applied engineering national laboratory dedicated to supporting the U.S. Department of Energy's mission in nuclear energy research, science, and national defense. With more than 5,000 scientists, researchers, and support staff, the laboratory works with national and international governments, universities and industry partners to discover new science and development technologies that underpin the nation's nuclear and renewable energy, national security, and environmental missions.
Our mission is to discover, demonstrate and secure innovative nuclear energy solutions, other clean energy options and critical infrastructure.
Our vision is to change the world's energy future and secure our nation's critical infrastructure.
Selective Service Requirements:
To be eligible for employment at INL men born after December 31, 1959 must have registered with the Selective Service System (SSS). For more information see www.sss.gov.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
INL is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of INL to provide EEO to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information. Women and People of Color are strongly encouraged to apply.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
When applying to positions please provide your resume and answer all questions on the following screens. Applicants, who fail to provide a resume or answer the questions, may be deemed ineligible for consideration.
INL does not accept resumes from third party vendors unsolicited.
Benefits & Salary:
We have an extremely competitive salary structure, robust relocation package, and a phenomenal benefits package. For more information, please visit: https://www.inl.gov/careers/benefits-overview
About this Employer
Part of the U.S. Dept. of Energy’s complex of national laboratories, INL performs work in each of the strategic goal areas: energy, national security, science & environment. INL is the nation’s leading center for nuclear energy research & development.