Nuclear Material Inventory Specialist
Idaho National Laboratory
Idaho National Laboratory's (INL) Production Facilities Deputy group is seeking forward-thinking professionals interested in exploring a career as a Nuclear Material Inventory Specialist.
Our team works an on-site 4x10 schedule located at our Materials and Fuels Complex with every Friday off!
The Materials and Fuels Complex (MFC) at the Idaho National Laboratory (INL) is seeking candidates for a Nuclear Material Inventory Staff. If you want to be part of enabling the future of nuclear energy, this is the position for you.
The Nuclear Material Inventory Controls Specialist is a technical operational authority and works with other line managers within the MFC organization. Other key functions of the role are:
- The nuclear material inventory specialist will be responsible for the effective implementation, oversight, and continuous assessment of criticality hazards controls, and the overall operational aspects of criticality safety and the MBA
- Implementation of Criticality Hazards Control Statements (CHCH) and nuclear material inventory controls will involve day to day working with operations technicians, systems and design engineering, S&T personnel facility management and safeguards to solve MBA problems by selecting and approving appropriate techniques
- Responsible for the implementation of Nuclear Material Control Plan (NMCP) and nuclear material inventory controls and will involve day to day working with operations technicians, systems and design engineering, S&T personnel, facility management and safeguards to solve MBA problems by selecting and approving appropriate techniques
- Responsible for the completion of safeguards requirements associated with nuclear material inventory areas and the calculation and verification of compliance with facility hazard categorization limits and rules
- Provide technical assistance in matters regarding criticality safety relevant to facility operations
- Complete a variety of operational activities, including but not limited to working with researchers to create fuel development plans; coordinating shipments inside and outside of the facility, and following work activities from beginning to end
- Responsible to align with Criticality Safety Controls
- BS and 5-8 years relevant experience
- A combination of 13-16 years of education / relevant experience will be considered in lieu of a degree
- Technical experience in nuclear facility operations, testing, and maintenance is required
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements as they apply to operations of a nuclear facility
- Working knowledge of DOE nuclear authorization basis requirements
- This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a Department of Energy "Q" clearance, which requires US Citizenship
- Inclusion in the Human Reliability Performance (HRP) of which will require additional scrutiny by the HRP Program administrators
- Must have the ability and willingness to obtain and maintain a RadWorker I or II qualification
- Must have demonstrated experience developing and accurately managing an inventory/database of high consequence items. MTG (Material Tracking System) is considerably more complicated than contemporary database systems, written in FORTRAN
- Must have experience with data bases queries and interactions with databases
- Must be willing to fully qualify for their position within one year of hire date
- Salary Grade: 200/210
- Chosen applicants are required to show a demonstrated commitment to valuing diversity and contributing to an inclusive working environment.
- Multi-Level: This is a multi-level posting and the selected candidate will be placed at the appropriate level dependent on depth and breadth of proven experience and skills.
INL is a science-based, applied engineering national laboratory dedicated to supporting the U.S. Department of Energy's mission in nuclear energy research, science, and national defense. With more than 5,000 scientists, researchers, and support staff, the laboratory works with national and international governments, universities and industry partners to discover new science and development technologies that underpin the nation's nuclear and renewable energy, national security, and environmental missions.
Our mission is to discover, demonstrate and secure innovative nuclear energy solutions, other clean energy options and critical infrastructure.
Our vision is to change the world's energy future and secure our nation's critical infrastructure.
Selective Service Requirements:
To be eligible for employment at INL men born after December 31, 1959 must have registered with the Selective Service System (SSS). For more information see www.sss.gov.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
INL is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of INL to provide EEO to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information. Women and People of Color are strongly encouraged to apply.
COVID Safety Protocols:
As a condition of employment, INL will inquire about COVID vaccination status and expects candidate compliance with all required COVID safety protocols, including mask-wearing as applicable.
INL has implemented a required vaccination policy effective immediately requiring all new hires must be vaccinated against COVID - 19 as a condition of employment, unless exempt under Title VII of the Civil Rights Act, the Americans with Disabilities Act, or other applicable state or federal law. In accordance with INL's duty to provide and maintain a workplace that is free of known hazards, we are adopting this policy to safeguard the health of our employees and their families, our customers and visitors, and the community at large from infectious diseases that may be reduced by vaccinations.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
When applying to positions please provide your resume and answer all questions on the following screens. Applicants, who fail to provide a resume or answer the questions, may be deemed ineligible for consideration.
INL does not accept resumes from third party vendors unsolicited.
Benefits & Salary:
We have an extremely competitive salary structure, robust relocation package, and a phenomenal benefits package. For more information, please visit: https://www.inl.gov/careers/benefits-overview
About this Employer
Part of the U.S. Dept. of Energy’s complex of national laboratories, INL performs work in each of the strategic goal areas: energy, national security, science & environment. INL is the nation’s leading center for nuclear energy research & development.