NS&T Laboratory Technician
Idaho National Laboratory
Idaho National Laboratory's (INL) Nuclear Science and Technology (NS&T) Operations group is seeking forward-thinking professionals interested in exploring a career as an NS&T Laboratory Technician.
Our team works an on-site 4x10 schedule located at our Materials and Fuels Complex facility with every Friday off!
- Provide support to multiple programs and projects within the NS&T directorate and specifically the Pyrochemistry and Molten Salt Systems Department.
- Responsible for procurement, assembly, set-up, trouble-shooting and operation of research equipment and experiments within NS&T operated laboratories, mainly at MFC and EIL.
- Support the NS&T Research Operations organization with process implementation and by participating with assessments and inspections, and various other operations support activities with a focus on operations, maintenance, and other management activities for radiological gloveboxes to support molten salt applications.
- Collaborate with scientists, engineers, and management daily to report status and results of ongoing projects. Collaborate with external contacts in procuring research test equipment.
- Participate as a member of various R&D teams to provide input on the design, fabrication and operation of research equipment. Provide expertise in the areas of glovebox and general laboratory practices.
- Coordinate NS&T laboratory operations, ensuring work is performed safely, in accordance with 15 laboratory policies, standards and procedures.
- Perform assessments/audits for NS&T to ensure compliance to laboratory and NS&T requirements.
- HS plus 1-2 years of relevant experience.
- This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a Department of Energy "L" clearance, which requires US Citizenship.
- Experience working with radiological materials and glove box experience is highly desirable.
- Salary Grade: 160/170
- Chosen applicants are required to show a demonstrated commitment to valuing diversity and contributing to an inclusive working environment.
- TDP-Testing designated position; you will be required to submit to a pre-employment drug screen and periodic drug testing throughout the term of your employment.
- Multi-Level: This is a multi-level posting and the selected candidate will be placed at the appropriate level dependent on depth and breadth of proven experience and skills.
Growing INL: An Overview of New Facilities and Capabilities
Our mission is to discover, demonstrate and secure innovative nuclear energy solutions, other clean energy options and critical infrastructure.
Our vision is to change the world's energy future and secure our nation's critical infrastructure.
Selective Service Requirements
To be eligible for employment at INL males born after December 31, 1959 must have registered with the Selective Service System (SSS). For more information see www.sss.gov.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Idaho National Laboratory (INL) is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of INL to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information. Women and People of Color are strongly encouraged to apply.
COVID Safety Protocols
As a condition of employment, Idaho National Laboratory will inquire about COVID vaccination status and expects candidates to comply with all required COVID safety protocols, including mask-wearing as applicable.
Idaho National Laboratory has implemented a required vaccination policy effective immediately requiring that all new hires must be vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment, unless exempt under Title VII of the Civil Rights Act, the Americans with Disabilities Act, or other applicable state or federal law. In accordance with Idaho National Laboratory's duty to provide and maintain a workplace that is free of known hazards, we are adopting this policy to safeguard the health of our employees and their families, our customers and visitors, and the community at large from infectious diseases that may be reduced by vaccinations.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
When applying to positions please provide a resume and answer all questions on the following screens. Applicants, who fail to provide a resume or answer the questions, may be deemed ineligible for consideration.
INL does not accept resumes from third party vendors unsolicited.
Benefits, Salary, and Relocation
We have an extremely competitive salary structure and phenomenal benefits. For more information, please visit: https://www.inl.gov/careers/benefits-overview/
About this Employer
Part of the U.S. Dept. of Energy’s complex of national laboratories, INL performs work in each of the strategic goal areas: energy, national security, science & environment. INL is the nation’s leading center for nuclear energy research & development.