Net-Zero Nuclear Programs Department Manager
Idaho National Laboratory
Idaho National Laboratory's (INL) Net Zero Program group is seeking forward-thinking professionals interested in exploring a career as a Net-Zero Nuclear Programs Department Manager. This team works a hybrid 9x80 schedule located at our Idaho Falls facility with every other Friday off.
- Main point of contact for external collaborations with the Net-Zero Initiative programs
- Determine the strategic engagement of the Nuclear Industry and Regulatory programs.
- Work high visibility programs with high impact.
- Use established business knowledge to collaborate, coordinate, and manage specific Net-Zero actions thereby ensuring future programs are beneficial to INL.
- Interact with partners across the nation with opportunities to expand on an international basis.
- Manage, expand, and cultivate Net-Zero Initiative collaborations with other government entities, DOE-NE programs, and national laboratories, in coordination with Net Zero program Executive Director, and other INL Net Zero staff and with others.
- Seek out collaborations that are especially focused on identifying those organizations engaged in nuclear energy demonstration, development, research, and finance to facilitate achievement of a Net-Zero posture for the INL.
- Review and make determinations on incoming requests for collaboration, manage current collaborations, and will seek out beneficial collaboration opportunities that further the Net-Zero Initiative mission. This is to accelerate the demonstration and deployment of advanced nuclear energy within a grid setting.
- Identify and respond to opportunities and engage other INL laboratory staff to support collaboration efforts, while continuing to monitor the relationship.
- Managing department with focus on providing independent strategic insight and advice for cross program coordination with the INL, focusing on the Nuclear Enabled Microgrid.
- Provide independent oversight for the execution of Net-Zero oriented projects conducted within other INL mission areas, as assigned, for the successful completion of Net-Zero projects
- Department will provide industry and engagement information relevant to the day-to-day operations of the Net-Zero Initiative and to represent the initiative to the Nuclear Industry and Developers
- Provide collaboration opportunities with external nuclear industry and internal nuclear energy partners to resolve complex issues and develop long term strategies
- Provides independent insight and guidance for development and revision of the Net-Zero Strategic Plan, including modification and revision of underlying project management information
- Provide internal and external communication with director level staff regarding project performance, present the Net Zero Initiative, as requested
- Provide Input toward setting Strategic Milestones and providing PEMP input
- Bachelor's degree and 8 years relevant experience, OR Master's/MBA and 6 years relevant experience. Prefer candidates with Master's degree.
- Experience as a project or program manager collaborating with organizations engaged with nuclear energy demonstration, development, research, and finance.
- Experience in working high visibility programs with high impact.
- This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a Department of Energy "Q" clearance, which requires US Citizenship.
- Salary Grade 240 ($135,816 - $230,904)
- Chosen applicants are required to show a demonstrated commitment to valuing diversity and contributing to an inclusive working environment.
- TDP: This is a testing designated position; you will be required to submit to a pre-employment drug screen and periodic drug testing throughout the term of your employment.
INL is a science-based, applied engineering national laboratory dedicated to supporting the U.S. Department of Energy's mission in nuclear energy research, science, and national defense. With more than 5,000 scientists, researchers, and support staff, the laboratory works with national and international governments, universities and industry partners to discover new science and development technologies that underpin the nation's nuclear and renewable energy, national security, and environmental missions.
Our mission is to discover, demonstrate and secure innovative nuclear energy solutions, other clean energy options and critical infrastructure.
Our vision is to change the world's energy future and secure our nation's critical infrastructure.
Selective Service Requirements:
To be eligible for employment at INL men born after December 31, 1959 must have registered with the Selective Service System (SSS). For more information see www.sss.gov.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
INL is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of INL to provide EEO to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information. Women and People of Color are strongly encouraged to apply.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
When applying to positions please provide your resume and answer all questions on the following screens. Applicants, who fail to provide a resume or answer the questions, may be deemed ineligible for consideration.
INL does not accept resumes from third party vendors unsolicited.
Benefits & Salary:
We have an extremely competitive salary structure, robust relocation package, and a phenomenal benefits package. For more information, please visit: https://www.inl.gov/careers/benefits-overview
About this Employer
Part of the U.S. Dept. of Energy’s complex of national laboratories, INL performs work in each of the strategic goal areas: energy, national security, science & environment. INL is the nation’s leading center for nuclear energy research & development.