Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Work independently from your home office to:
- Develop programs, processes, and procedures for clients using an approach that incorporates effective operations and data collection for compliance determination using proven methods.
- Responsible for understanding existing and upcoming NERC Reliability Standards and translating those standards into program requirements.
- Develop audit approaches to approximate an actual NERC audit experience.
- Conduct off-site, on-site, and possible field audits of client facilities in association with Mock Audit or Gap Analysis projects.
- Have an understanding of ERO Enterprise auditing methods to provide expert level commentary and compliance determinations, including identifying and recommending Internal Controls.
- Assist clients in gathering and documenting evidence of compliance with NERC Reliability Standards, including completing responses in the Reliability Standard Audit Worksheets (RSAWs), developing examples for audits, and responding to any questions asked by clients or auditors regarding the accuracy of evidence.
- Respond to client questions or request for assistance on an as-needed basis.
- Develop or recommend compliance management tools for clients, upon request.
- Advise and assist clients with ERO Enterprise Compliance Monitoring and Enforcement Program (CMEP) activities.
- Identify gaps in existing client processes and data collection methods and develop necessary documentation to close those gaps.
- Provide consultation services to clients with regard to reliability compliance education issues, and management of compliance activities.
- Develop and deliver training for clients on activities related to compliance with NERC Reliability Standards.
- Carry out complex projects and assignments with minimal supervision.
- Advocate client compliance needs with FERC, NERC, Regional Entity, and other reliability entity stakeholder groups, task forces and committees, as requested.
- Summarize intricate reliability compliance and related industry topics in a timely fashion to clients both verbally and in written form, including within the PCS Standards Compliance Intelligence Portal (SCIP).
- Adhere to all PCS corporate policies and comply with all PCS requirements, including but not limited to NERC, FERC, and other relevant regulations, as applicable to this position.
- Travel as required (PCS tries to keep travel to 25% or less).
- Provide management reports as requested.
- Any additional responsibilities assigned by management.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Must be a self-starter and have the ability to work independently.
- Ability to prioritize, schedule, organize, focus on, plan and complete work.
- General knowledge or experience of electrical utility operations or engineering, including the interrelationship of registered entity functions, and compliance with operation and maintenance functions.
- General knowledge or experience of protection system engineering (for power systems including generation, transmission, and distribution assets).
- Working knowledge of ERO Enterprise Reliability Standards and auditing practices.
- Must have proven technical writing capability and ability to identify and recommend Internal Controls.
- Team player with excellent self-motivation, with the ability to multi-task and effectively manage time.
- General knowledge of FERC, NERC and Regional Reliability Entities orders, regulations, standards, etc. and working knowledge of monitoring and reporting requirements.
- Computer literate, including advanced-level knowledge of MS Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal skills and a record of building consensus among internal and external parties.
Position Requirements and Qualifications:
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering (Master of Science degree preferred) or appropriate discipline with extensive experience in the electric utility industry. An engineering or law degree is preferred. Extensive experience in electric utility operations and NERC Reliability Standards may be considered as a substitute for a degree.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience at the senior engineering level.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience with ERO Enterprise reliability compliance activities.
- Valid driver’s license is required.
- Overnight and short-term travel on company business is an expected part of this position with approximately 25% travel, based on historical workload.
- Ability to write technical reports and make presentations.
- Must maintain a professional work from home environment.
- Must be able to pass drug and background checks upon request.
- Work hours are typically 8 AM – 5 PM Monday – Friday. Hours may vary depending on client interaction and location, flexibility is expected.
- Perform repetitive and non-repetitive physical duties. Could require lifting, pushing, pulling, stretching, bending, climbing, working in awkward positions, and lifting up to 25 lbs.
PCS provides the following benefits and resources:
- Competitive Salary
- Work from Home
- Company Computer
- 401K plan with Company Match
- Generous Leave Policy
- Eight (8) company recognized Holidays
- Health Reimbursement Arrangement – Company Funded
- Flexible Spending Account – Employee Funded
- Covered Approved Business-related Expenses
- Company Credit Card
PCS is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Women, minorities, disabled individuals and veterans are encouraged to apply. Salary will be commensurate with experience.
Visit our website at www.provencompliance.com for more information regarding PCS and our Services. If you have any questions, please contact Crystal Musselman at 509-939-3946 or at email@example.com.
Please submit your cover letter and resume via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration.