MS Power Platform Developer
Idaho National Laboratory
Idaho National Laboratory's (INL) Enterprise Support group is seeking forward-thinking professionals interested in exploring a career as a MS Power Platform Developer! This team works a virtual 9x80 schedule located at our Idaho Falls facility with every other Friday off.
Information Management (IM) Modern Workplace team provides among other services support for Citizen Creators (Creators) to develop successful digital solutions using no-code/low-code platforms from Microsoft including SharePoint (both on-premises and cloud) and the Power Platform within Microsoft 365.
- Performs as a developer, innovator, and technology advocate (Developer) using Power Platform technologies including Power Apps, Power Automate and Power BI.
- Responsible for working with internal lab customers (Customer(s)) to meet their requirements to deliver solutions within the defined technology stack, to work with other IM partners to define and implement integrated solutions, to understand the capabilities of other IM partners and refer customers to other solution space.
- Gain and maintain the skills to do the job, including Microsoft Power Apps, Power Automate, Power BI, Gateways, Teams, SharePoint Online and other related technologies.
- Gain and maintain a basic understanding of INL Information Technology infrastructure, cyber security, data classification, release control, and other related policies and procedures.
- Gain and maintain an understanding of standards and expectations provided by Enterprise Architecture and system owners.
- Contribute to development and maintenance of documentation, standards, training materials and other artifacts within the technology stacks they participate in.
- Guide and mentor citizen creators including standard processes, governance and IM expectations.
- Provide guidance and share standard processes regarding Power Platform (PowerApps, Power Automate, Power BI) development
- Develop PowerApps canvas and model driven applications
- Develop PowerApps list based applications
- Develop Power Automate flows designed to run based on events in SharePoint Online or from PowerApps apps.
- Build and deploy Power BI dashboards and reports
- Integrate Power BI Reports and dashboards into PowerApps
- Build Enterprise-level mobile solutions, using standard methodologies within Power Platform Community
- Use multiple OOTB Connectors with PowerApps, Power Automate
- Address and remediate security vulnerability findings in PowerApps
- Work with creators when there are functional issues and debugging their apps/flows/reports.
- Assists in the training of creators including the creation of online training videos as well as in person training sessions.
- Support production releases of solutions during non-business hours
- Level 2: Baccalaureate & 2 years experience or 10 years equivalent work experience.
- Level 3: Baccalaureate & 5 years experience or 13 years equivalent work experience.
- Accepted degrees include but are not limited to the following: Computer Science, Information Technology, Software engineering, Information Services.
- Experienced building apps, flows and reports using the Power Platform tools, including Power BI, Power Apps, and Power Automate, and SharePoint online
- Experienced using REST APIs with Microsoft Automate and Power Apps
- Experienced interacting and guiding citizen Power Platform users
- Good understanding of cyber security requirements and remediation within Power Platform tools
- Ability to work effectively independently as well as within a team environment.
- Superb Communication skills.
- Demonstrated a good work ethic and ability and willingness to take on new challenges.
- Salary Grade: 190 / 210
- Chosen applicants are required to show a demonstrated commitment to valuing diversity and contributing to an inclusive working environment.
- Multi-Level: This is a multi-level posting and the selected candidate will be placed at the appropriate level dependent on depth and breadth of proven experience and skills.
INL is a science-based, applied engineering national laboratory dedicated to supporting the U.S. Department of Energy's mission in nuclear energy research, science, and national defense. With more than 5,000 scientists, researchers, and support staff, the laboratory works with national and international governments, universities and industry partners to discover new science and development technologies that underpin the nation's nuclear and renewable energy, national security, and environmental missions.
Our mission is to discover, demonstrate and secure innovative nuclear energy solutions, other clean energy options and critical infrastructure.
Our vision is to change the world's energy future and secure our nation's critical infrastructure.
Selective Service Requirements:
To be eligible for employment at INL men born after December 31, 1959 must have registered with the Selective Service System (SSS). For more information see www.sss.gov.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
INL is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of INL to provide EEO to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information. Women and People of Color are strongly encouraged to apply.
COVID Safety Protocols:
As a condition of employment, INL will inquire about COVID vaccination status and expects candidate compliance with all required COVID safety protocols, including mask-wearing as applicable.
INL has implemented a required vaccination policy effective immediately requiring all new hires must be vaccinated against COVID - 19 as a condition of employment, unless exempt under Title VII of the Civil Rights Act, the Americans with Disabilities Act, or other applicable state or federal law. In accordance with INL's duty to provide and maintain a workplace that is free of known hazards, we are adopting this policy to safeguard the health of our employees and their families, our customers and visitors, and the community at large from infectious diseases that may be reduced by vaccinations.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
When applying to positions please provide your resume and answer all questions on the following screens. Applicants, who fail to provide a resume or answer the questions, may be deemed ineligible for consideration.
INL does not accept resumes from third party vendors unsolicited.
Benefits & Salary:
We have an extremely competitive salary structure, robust relocation package, and a phenomenal benefits package. For more information, please visit: https://www.inl.gov/careers/benefits-overview
About this Employer
Part of the U.S. Dept. of Energy’s complex of national laboratories, INL performs work in each of the strategic goal areas: energy, national security, science & environment. INL is the nation’s leading center for nuclear energy research & development.