Microsoft Exchange / Messaging Analyst
The candidate will be part of the Content and Collaboration Solutions/Messaging team. This position is responsible for administration and support of SRP's integrated Messaging environment to provide efficient operations and management of Messaging technologies and ensure services are consistently secure and available. Messaging service offerings and products include:
• Email (Exchange Online Hybrid Environment, Outlook, ProofPoint, PowerShell, eDiscovery)
• Faxing (Fax2Mail)
• Managed File Transfer (Kiteworks)
• Exchange Integration (POP, IMAP, SMTP, EWS)
• Bulk Email Routing (ProofPoint Sentrion / ProofPoint Protection Server)
• Directory Services (Active Directory)
- • Support ongoing and future Messaging projects based on the technology roadmap (e.g. Exchange Online / Teams migration and rollout of other Microsoft 365 features and services)
• Proactively support, maintain and monitor SRP's Messaging environment
• Troubleshoot and determine root causes of complex issues, failures or outages that could include issues with applications, operating systems, services, network connectivity and other infrastructure (e.g. leveraging packet capture technologies, log analysis, etc.)
• Work within a defined set of IT service management processes and procedures, including: Incident, Request and Change management
• Work with stakeholders and Information Technology peers to design, deliver and support Messaging services and products
• Scheduled after hours rotational support for on-call, security patching, software updates and change controls.
Completion of a Bachelor's Degree from an accredited institution that prepares the employee for the assignment.
Promotion to Level 2 requires a minimum of two years of experience at Level 1; demonstrated capability to perform advanced and more difficult work as determined by the supervisor. Promotion to Senior Level requires a minimum of three-years of experience at Level 2; is fully competent in all aspects of functional area of assignment and as such would be recognized as a specialist in area of assignment and may have periodic or occasional lead responsibilities.
Requires in-depth working knowledge of and experience with multiple technical areas across a large- scale enterprise environment in the following areas:
• Exchange Online
• Hybrid Exchange Deployments
• Microsoft Exchange on-premises (Exchange 2013 or later)
• Email security platforms
• PowerShell scripting for Exchange
• Windows 2012-2019 server operating systems
• Active Directory, Group Policy, NTFS permissions, DNS, load balancing
• Desktop email clients, including both Mac and PC versions of Outlook
• Mobile email clients such as Outlook Mobile and Workspace ONE Boxer
• Architecting applications for high availability and disaster recovery
• Digital certificates and certificate authorities
Preferred requirements include knowledge and experience in the following areas:
• Microsoft 365 Platforms: Exchange Online, Teams, SharePoint Online, OneDrive, InTune, etc.
• ProofPoint Email Security
• Exchange integration capabilities, including Exchange APIs
• Mobile Device Management platforms (Workspace ONE, InTune, Exchange ActiveSync, etc.)
• Exchange Unified Messaging integration with Skype for Business / Teams / Cloud Voicemail
The successful candidate will possess the following strengths:
• Understanding of the OSI model and general networking concepts as they relate to application architecture
• A strong background in client support and demonstrated ability to work with clients of varied technical skill levels
• Expert knowledge in many areas of the role's technology focus including service design, monitoring, alerting, administration, integration & migration, backup & disaster recovery, in a large organization with multiple data centers.
• Expert knowledge and application of Microsoft and industry best practices and security principles for electronic messaging, integrated collaboration, and productivity software.
• Detail oriented with strong analytical, problem solving and technical troubleshooting skills
• Well organized with the ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously
• Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively in a team as well as independently when necessary
• Excellent oral and written communication skills, including understanding of good documentation practices.
Requisition ID: 11614
Salt River Project (SRP) recognizes diversity and inclusion as key drivers of innovation and growth, and seeks to attract a diverse employee base that reflects our community.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, military status or any other protected status under applicable federal, state or local law.
Ultimately, SRP aspires to fully apply the power of diversity and inclusion to build a more equitable and sustainable future for our customers, employees and community.
All candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
Currently, SRP does not sponsor H1B visas.
Why Work at SRP
SRP's success is rooted in our employees' happiness, health and safety. That's why we offer a comprehensive benefits package to meet the needs of our employees and enhance their well-being. In addition to competitive pay and performance incentives, eligible employees can take advantage of the following benefits:
• 401(k) plan with employer matching
• Retirement pension
• Paid vacation
• Parental leave
• Holiday pay
• Sick leave
• Medical, vision, dental and life insurance
• Wellness programs
• Pre-tax benefits
• Short and long-term disability plans
• Tuition assistance
Nearest Major Market: Phoenix