Microgrid Engineering Intern- CO Job
Are you looking for an exciting job where you can put your skills and talents to work at a company you can feel proud to be a part of? Do you want a workplace that will challenge you and offer you opportunities to learn and grow? A position at Xcel Energy could be just what you're looking for.
- Join the Grid Storage & Emerging Technologies team to support Xcel customers adopting and leveraging new technologies, like storage, microgrids, and distributed energy resources management system. This team in the Distribution Engineering department are engineers and leaders responsible for the conceptualization, design, project management, commissioning, and oversight of distribution microgrid and energy storage projects. We create direct impact by providing resiliency backup to customers and support for distribution operations.
- As an intern, you will gain hands-on experience with all the engineering, safety, and stakeholder engagement efforts to successfully and safely deploy microgrids and energy storage. You will workclosely and be mentored by the Principal Engineer and Project Manager who lead the deployment of these projects. Your role will include studying potential project sites, reviewing designs, checking safety considerations and hazards, leading tasks within the team, and collaborating with internal and external stakeholders.
- This position will give preference to candidates who are committing to work for the calendar year 2023 and located in the Denver Metro Area. The candidate should be able to work full-time during the summer and at least 20 hours/week during the school semester. Preference will be given to candidates located in Denver Metro area due to geographical locations of the project sites. We are a hybrid work environment and will meet at least once a week in-person at the Lipan Distribution Center, located at 1123 W 3rd Ave, Denver, CO 80223.
- Pursuingan electrical engineering degree from an ABET accredited school
- Microgrids and energy storage knowledge
- Working in a team
- Written and verbal communication skills
Xcel Energy is committed to the safety of its employees and customers, and promotes a Safety Always culture. Because of this, we strongly encourage all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19; however, vaccination is not mandatory. After being hired, you will asked to report your vaccination status and dates of vaccination. This information will be maintained confidentially and disclosed only on a need-to-know basis. If you are not fully vaccinated or choose not to disclose your vaccination status you will be required to follow any health-and-safety rules applicable to unvaccinated employees.
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you're ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Posting Notes: CO - Denver || CO - Denver || United States (US) || Operations and Generation || 59380:Dist Electric Engineering || Part-Time || Non-Bargaining ||
The anticipated starting base pay for this position is: $22.50 per hour
This position may also be eligible for the following benefits: Pension, 401(k) plan, Paid time off (PTO), Holidays, Personal holidays
Requisition Number: 48721
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at email@example.com
About this Employer
As a leading electric and natural gas energy company, we offer a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity customers and 1.9 million natural gas customers across our eight states: Colorado, Michigan, Minnesota, New Mexico, North Dakota, South Dakota, Texas and Wisconsin.
Our workforce of more than 12,000 is rising to the challenge of a dynamic, constantly-changing utility industry. One that requires us to be even more customer focused, forward thinking and productive while remaining committed to meeting our customers’ fundamental need for safe, reliable, affordable energy.
With nearly 50% of our workforce eligible to retire in the next five years, there’s never been a better time to come on board. Do you have a passion for renewable energy, like wind or solar? Or care about giving back to the community? You’ll be in a position to directly impact our energy future.
At Xcel Energy, you’ll be challenged, respected and rewarded. You’ll find an ethical team committed to excellence, safety and environmental stewardship. A dynamic company where you’ll have meaningful work that makes a difference.