Meter Reader - Borger, TX Job
Are you looking for an exciting job where you can put your skills and talents to work at a company you can feel proud to be a part of? Do you want a workplace that will challenge you and offer you opportunities to learn and grow? A position at Xcel Energy could be just what you're looking for.
Responsible for accurate and timely manual meter readings of electric meters; record index into computerized handheld systems; report hazardous conditions, meter tampering and meter conditions, timely completion of assignments; assist in ensuring data integrity and customer satisfaction. Adheres to safety policies and practices and attends safety meetings.
1) Reads and records electric meter indexes into computerized handheld systems.
2) Identifies and reports meter irregularities. Reports any safety hazards discovered at the customer's premises. Adheres to department safety policies and practices in support of Xcel Energy's commitment to safety.
3) Maintain current meter location records and maps. Provide documentation to enhance route efficiencies.
4) Responsible for the protection and maintenance of all assigned company equipment.
5) Other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Up to one (1) year of Meter Reading experience preferred.
- Valid driver's license required.
- Must be able to walk and / or drive for extended periods of time through various terrains and withstand all types of weather conditions.
- Applicant should have a good working knowledge of the geographic area, especially with the under-standing of rural and oilfield locations in the area in which they are applying.
- The applicant must be able to work a flexible work schedule with minimum supervision, be customer focused, and have good team work and communication skills.
- Selection criteria may include testing and /or assessment
Xcel Energy is committed to the safety of its employees and customers, and promotes a Safety Always culture. Because of this, we strongly encourage all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19; however, vaccination is not mandatory. After being hired, you will asked to report your vaccination status and dates of vaccination. This information will be maintained confidentially and disclosed only on a need-to-know basis. If you are not fully vaccinated or choose not to disclose your vaccination status you will be required to follow any health-and-safety rules applicable to unvaccinated employees.
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you're ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Posting Notes: TX - Borger || TX - Borger || United States (US) || Customer and Field Operations || 16490:Mtr Rdg Borger TX SPS || Full-Time || Non-Bargaining ||
The anticipated starting base pay for this position is: 18.70 per hour
Click here to see our benefits
Requisition Number: 48723
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at email@example.com
About this Employer
As a leading electric and natural gas energy company, we offer a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity customers and 1.9 million natural gas customers across our eight states: Colorado, Michigan, Minnesota, New Mexico, North Dakota, South Dakota, Texas and Wisconsin.
Our workforce of more than 12,000 is rising to the challenge of a dynamic, constantly-changing utility industry. One that requires us to be even more customer focused, forward thinking and productive while remaining committed to meeting our customers’ fundamental need for safe, reliable, affordable energy.
With nearly 50% of our workforce eligible to retire in the next five years, there’s never been a better time to come on board. Do you have a passion for renewable energy, like wind or solar? Or care about giving back to the community? You’ll be in a position to directly impact our energy future.
At Xcel Energy, you’ll be challenged, respected and rewarded. You’ll find an ethical team committed to excellence, safety and environmental stewardship. A dynamic company where you’ll have meaningful work that makes a difference.