Meter Reader 0-12 Months (SANTA FE)
This position is posted until filled
Department: North Central Meter Reading
No job description available
Meter Reader 0-12 Months
Salary Grade: U77
$17.65 per hour
Under limited supervision creates quality, value and confidence in the eyes of our customers by safely and accurately reading electric and/or gas meters while maintaining production levels.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Accurately reads and records electric and gas meter readings within defined performance levels
- Maintains production levels by accessing electric and gas meters within defined performance levels
- Complies with all PNM's policies, procedures and practices
- Works safely to avoid accidents and injuries and support PNM's safety goals
- Walks or drives company vehicle over a wider range of established meter reading routes
- Operates and maintains electronic meter reading devices, including peripheral equipment
- Inspects meters and/or connections for defects, damage, and unauthorized connections, and records/reports irregularities
- Verifies meter readings to identify/locate abnormal consumption and records reasons for fluctuations
- May perform credit functions such as preparation and/or delivery of credit notices, reports diversion activity, and customer related contacts, as needed and/or assigned
- Initiates requests for service orders and inquiries in response to customer service contacts or field contacts
- Serves as back-up to Sr. level Meter Readers, as needed and/or assigned
- Performs other related and assigned duties
JOB DESCRIPTION CONTINUED
This job description must be read in concert with the Administrative Section of the Union Job Description Manual.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY STATEMENT
PNM Resources and affiliates are Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers. Women, minorities, disabled individuals and veterans are encouraged to apply.
About this Employer
PNM Resources is an energy holding company based in Albuquerque, N.M., with 2020 consolidated operating revenues of $1.5 billion. Through its regulated utilities, PNM and TNMP, PNM Resources provides electricity to approximately 800,000 homes and businesses in New Mexico and Texas. PNM serves its customers with a diverse mix of generation and purchased power resources totaling 3.0 gigawatts of capacity, with a goal to achieve 100% emissions-free energy by 2040. PNM Resources is publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange as PNM.
PNM Resources strives to create enduring value for customers, communities and shareholders built on a foundation of Environmental, Social and Governance Principles. At the core of our business we are focused on our Vision, our Purpose and our Values.