Materials and Fuels Complex (MFC) Reactor Operators Level 3/4
Idaho National Laboratory
Idaho National Laboratory's (INL) Materials and Fuels Complex is seeking forward-thinking professionals interested in exploring a career as a .Nuclear Operator.
Our team works a on-site schedule located at our Materials and Fuels Complex.
INL's Materials and Fuels complex (MFC) empowers the next generations of nuclear energy advanced through a unique combination of personnel, facilities and infrastructure and plays a central role in supporting the national Reactor Innovation Center. These key facilities collectively provide resources for testing, demonstration, and performance assessment to accelerate the deployment of new, advanced nuclear concepts.
This is an exciting time of innovation for nuclear energy and MFC has multiple openings for reactor operators working in the Transient Reactor Test Facility (TREAT), the TRIGA Neutron Radiography Reactor (NRAD) or in the new generation of Micro-Reactors.
Reactor operators' responsibilities include safely executing reactor operations in accordance with approved policies, procedures, and manuals. Perform in all operations, maintenance, testing, and modification efforts performed on assigned reactor and facility. Activities may include tracking, packaging, transferring, receiving, and storing fissionable materials, and handling radioactive material.
- High school (HS) diploma and 6-10 years of experience OR,
- Associates and 4-6 years' experience OR
- Graduate of Energy Systems Technology & Education Center (ESTEC) at Idaho State University or similar program and 2-4 years' experience OR
- Military experience and 4-6 years' experience where a high degree of mechanical rigor is required OR
- Nuclear (N) Navy experience, navy enlisted classifications (NEC), machinist mate (MM[N]), electrician's mate (EM[N]) or electronics technician (ET [N]) with 4-6 years Nuclear Navy experience OR
- Commercial nuclear plant Nuclear Operator qualified or Reactor Operator licensed/certified OR.
- This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a Department of Energy "L" / "Q" clearance, which requires US Citizenship
- Recent (within the last 5 years) Commercial nuclear plant Senior Reactor Operator or Reactor Operator licensed/certified
- Salary Grade: 190 ($68,820 - $113,644)/200 ($79,140 - $130,572)
- Chosen applicants are required to show a demonstrated commitment to valuing diversity and contributing to an inclusive working environment.
- TDP: This is a testing designated position; you will be required to submit to a pre-employment drug screen and periodic drug testing throughout the term of your employment.
- Multi-Level: This is a multi-level posting and the selected candidate will be placed at the appropriate level dependent on depth and breadth of proven experience and skills.
INL is a science-based, applied engineering national laboratory dedicated to supporting the U.S. Department of Energy's mission in nuclear energy research, science, and national defense. With more than 5,000 scientists, researchers, and support staff, the laboratory works with national and international governments, universities and industry partners to discover new science and development technologies that underpin the nation's nuclear and renewable energy, national security, and environmental missions.
Our mission is to discover, demonstrate and secure innovative nuclear energy solutions, other clean energy options and critical infrastructure.
Our vision is to change the world's energy future and secure our nation's critical infrastructure.
Selective Service Requirements:
To be eligible for employment at INL men born after December 31, 1959 must have registered with the Selective Service System (SSS). For more information see www.sss.gov.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
INL is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of INL to provide EEO to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information. Women and People of Color are strongly encouraged to apply.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
When applying to positions please provide your resume and answer all questions on the following screens. Applicants, who fail to provide a resume or answer the questions, may be deemed ineligible for consideration.
INL does not accept resumes from third party vendors unsolicited.
Benefits & Salary:
We have an extremely competitive salary structure, robust relocation package, and a phenomenal benefits package. For more information, please visit: https://www.inl.gov/careers/benefits-overview
About this Employer
Part of the U.S. Dept. of Energy’s complex of national laboratories, INL performs work in each of the strategic goal areas: energy, national security, science & environment. INL is the nation’s leading center for nuclear energy research & development.