Materials and Fuels Complex (MFC) Nuclear Facility Research Technician Level 1/2
Idaho National Laboratory
Idaho National Laboratory's (INL) Materials and Fuels Complex is seeking forward-thinking professionals interested in exploring a career as a Nuclear Facility Technician Level 1/2.
Our team works multiple schedules located at our Materials and Fuels Complex.
The Materials and Fuels Complex (MFC) is seeking nuclear facility research technicians. MFC is hiring for multiple facilities with multiple shift opportunities.
INL's Materials and Fuels complex (MFC) empowers the next generations of nuclear energy advanced and hosts a unique combination of personnel, facilities and infrastructure and offers the ability to perform research and development of nuclear fuels and materials from fuel design, development, new fuel fabrication, post irradiation analysis, and advanced treatment and disposition.
This is an exciting time of innovation for nuclear energy, and MFC has multiple openings for Nuclear Research Facility Technicians to work in nuclear and radiological facilities including work in an analytical chemistry laboratory. Nuclear Research Facility Technicians perform a variety of work activities to support research, such as research experiment assembly and disassembly, material preparation using an Electro Discharge Machine (EDM), experiment or sample preparation, operating remote handled equipment, working in hot-cells, gloveboxes, or with shielded casks.
Nuclear Facility Research Technicians perform maintenance of facility systems and equipment, fuel and waste handling, processing, and treating nuclear fuel, radioactive and hazardous material, tracking, packaging, transferring, receiving, and storing fissionable materials.
MFC is hiring for multiple facilities with multiple shift opportunities. Complete this application, which is used to differentiate candidates fit for best facility by answering all of the application questions and by uploading a current resume.
- High school (HS) diploma and 2-4 years of experience OR,
- Associates and 0-2 years' experience OR
- Graduate of Energy Systems Technology & Education Center (ESTEC) at Idaho State University or similar program.
- Relevant experience includes demonstrating a strong, mechanical aptitude, hand-eye coordination, electrical, or scientific application
- This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a Department of Energy "L" / "Q" clearance, which requires US Citizenship
- Some positions require inclusion in the human reliability program (HRP) which requires additional scrutiny from the HRP program administrators
- Salary Grade 170 ($54,192 - $86,760)
180 ($60,984 - $97,584)
- Chosen applicants are required to show a demonstrated commitment to valuing diversity and contributing to an inclusive working environment.
- TDP: This is a testing designated position; you will be required to submit to a pre-employment drug screen and periodic drug testing throughout the term of your employment.
- Multi-Level: This is a multi-level posting and the selected candidate will be placed at the appropriate level dependent on depth and breadth of proven experience and skills.
INL is a science-based, applied engineering national laboratory dedicated to supporting the U.S. Department of Energy's mission in nuclear energy research, science, and national defense. With more than 5,000 scientists, researchers, and support staff, the laboratory works with national and international governments, universities and industry partners to discover new science and development technologies that underpin the nation's nuclear and renewable energy, national security, and environmental missions.
Our mission is to discover, demonstrate and secure innovative nuclear energy solutions, other clean energy options and critical infrastructure.
Our vision is to change the world's energy future and secure our nation's critical infrastructure.
Selective Service Requirements:
To be eligible for employment at INL men born after December 31, 1959 must have registered with the Selective Service System (SSS). For more information see www.sss.gov.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
INL is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of INL to provide EEO to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information. Women and People of Color are strongly encouraged to apply.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
When applying to positions please provide your resume and answer all questions on the following screens. Applicants, who fail to provide a resume or answer the questions, may be deemed ineligible for consideration.
INL does not accept resumes from third party vendors unsolicited.
Benefits & Salary:
We have an extremely competitive salary structure, robust relocation package, and a phenomenal benefits package. For more information, please visit: https://www.inl.gov/careers/benefits-overview
About this Employer
Part of the U.S. Dept. of Energy’s complex of national laboratories, INL performs work in each of the strategic goal areas: energy, national security, science & environment. INL is the nation’s leading center for nuclear energy research & development.